TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

But, Hangtime's top speed isn't as high as Monster's, and they both have 5 inversions. So I can definitely see why they made the comparison they did.

Monster is also a longer ride, even though Hangtime is taller. Hello hard end brakes. Still, looks like fun!

Silver Bullet was operating 2 trains today with a third in the transfer track is this train new?

This is GREAT news. I guess the park finally realized that, as a year-round park, it makes sense to be able to cycle a train through maintenance while still running at max capacity, just like GhostRider. Awesome!

...I've still never visited Knott's but this new ride is just one more awesome reason to go!

One Weekend - West Coast Bash - Sept.2018 (Or whenever it's held, just go!)

It really is the best way to experience Knott's, but you'll be spoiled with it being your first visit. I say, spoil yourself.

This ride looks Awesome! I am looking forward to riding this. Well done Cedar Fair. Knott's was in need of some love. Hopefully, this trend of amazing additions continues for 2019. One can hope? Can't they?

This was a much needed attraction. Now, if we can just get that hyper or Giga coaster. Well hell, if I'm going to wish then why not ask for a themed custom looping MACK coaster, a re-imagine BigFoot Rapids , and themed Vakoma mine train coaster that interacts w/it, and let's round out the wish list with a complete restoration an RMC custom woodie, & custom T Rex coaster featuring six inversions including two interlocking vertical loops (that loop at the same time), a new entrance, and new landscaping park wide.

Again this is wishful thinking.

...I've still never visited Knott's but this new ride is just one more awesome reason to go!

One Weekend - West Coast Bash - Sept.2018 (Or whenever it's held, just go!)

It really is the best way to experience Knott's, but you'll be spoiled with it being your first visit. I say, spoil yourself.

Absolutely. My one and only visit to Knott's was at the last WCB, and it's one of the best days I've ever had an a theme park. Knott's really went all out for us.

That's excellent news about Silver Bullet. On our only visit to the park the ride was down to one train (with the other train stripped down on the transfer track) and it had a 40 minute wait while basically everything else was 10 minutes or less.

I'm at the park right now and came by myself hoping it wouldn't be too busy. Ghostrider has a 60 min wait despite running two trains. Tried to see if I could hop in an empty seat as a single rider and they said no. Maybe Xcelerator being being closed might be causing the longer than usual wait? Hopefully Hangtime will help with distributing crowds more evenly on days like these since Ghostrider and Silver Bullet are the only two major coasters open, with the latter running one train.

Hopefully Hangtime will help with distributing crowds more evenly on days like these since Ghostrider and Silver Bullet are the only two major coasters open, with the latter running one train.

HangTime will definitely help distribute crowds a bit better, especially once Xcelerator and Monty both reopen. The new coaster should also help alleviate GhostRider's line as well.

I wonder if Xcelerator is getting a third train, or maybe new trains in general? For the coaster to be closed this long with "TBD" means it is quite serious, whatever it is.

I went to Knott's yesterday for a few hours. I got a good picture of the three trains on Silver Bullet as only one was running and line was close to 30 minutes. Ghost Rider was over an hour the whole time I was there. Everything else had 5 minute waits. Park was not too crowded.

IMG_20170821_120105.thumb.jpg.869c65491ced9d5eafc1bf531a429900.jpg

Planter work adjacent to Coast Rider

IMG_20170821_120133.thumb.jpg.383012c3b473bc7f59ec5e141843a265.jpg

Planter work adjacent to Coast Rider

IMG_20170821_120405.thumb.jpg.0ea442be83f615c36a945a738f2b90a0.jpg

Xcelerator is closed

IMG_20170821_122153.thumb.jpg.fb2b8d6df11da8e548aa7e5783e6e9ff.jpg

Monte is closed

IMG_20170821_123850.thumb.jpg.8f600307cb32868be552270763d1787d.jpg

Three trains on Silver Bullet but only one is running

IMG_20170821_120225.thumb.jpg.2c964305c1da5a0f66352c46a12a43fc.jpg

Red flags / markers?

Even with Xcelerator open last year, GhostRider was a 90 minute wait. Xcelerator was a 30 minute wait. The other coasters were 10-15 minutes tops.

Hopefully Hangtime will help with distributing crowds more evenly on days like these since Ghostrider and Silver Bullet are the only two major coasters open, with the latter running one train.

HangTime will definitely help distribute crowds a bit better, especially once Xcelerator and Monty both reopen. The new coaster should also help alleviate GhostRider's line as well.

I wonder if Xcelerator is getting a third train, or maybe new trains in general? For the coaster to be closed this long with "TBD" means it is quite serious, whatever it is.

I can't see them getting a 3rd train. If they really did want to improve Xcelerator's capacity, they need to move that launch out from the station which would be a major project. Moving the launch forwards would require more power, but the only other option would be to actually move the station. I can't see that happening.

I went to Knott's yesterday for a few hours. I got a good picture of the three trains on Silver Bullet as only one was running and line was close to 30 minutes. Ghost Rider was over an hour the whole time I was there. Everything else had 5 minute waits. Park was not too crowded.

Since they now have 3 trains for SB, there's no excuse to only run one train on it. So weird to see two trains sitting on the transfer track when there was a 30 min wait on the ride. I wonder if they were short staffed that day or something.

The Xcelerator closure continues to be a mystery. It was running great earlier in the year and it was nice see them consistently running two trains on it. I sure hope they get it fixed soon. I want to visit again now that most kids are back in school, but I'm holding off until Xcelerator opens back up.

^Montezooma's Revenge is closed as well.

It's closed because it's getting the trains from Greezed Lightning at KK.

I was just stating it was also closed that particular day and could have contributed to the wait times at other rides.

On the webcam page they edited the writing for the Boardwalk cam "BOARDWALK/HANGTIME

HangTime, a brand new steel rollercoaster - and the only dive coaster on the West Coast, opens summer 2018. Follow the construction progress on the new coaster with the steepest drop in California. The Boardwalk area also features attractions including the hairpin turns of CoastRider to the classic spin of the Pacific Scrambler. Surf's up on the Knott's Boardwalk."

That was the reason for the palm trees tied up still haha.

I see Knott's added a season long FastLane for $499 as an add on to the season pass. Since FastLane is not open every day, they give you a list of the days it is available. I don't go any weekends or much in summer so not worth it to me; but it was nice of them to make the handy graphic on which dates they expect to be busy so I can avoid them. it is also not good during Scary Farm or at any other parks so no traveling with this addition.

I also noticed that when I renewed my pass online that the first member's agreement tries to get you to agree to auto renewing. You have to cancel out of the agreement and complete the checkout process a second time to get it to charge you without auto-renew option. The second time you check out it just asks you to check a box agreeing to all sales are final without auto-renew agreement.

1969196627_fastlanedates2018.thumb.JPG.3f34b122c5713279099e027faa4ee249.JPG