TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Can anyone tell me if the La Revolucion ride is open since the tragic accident accident in Ohio?

It's made by another manufacturer (Chance Morgan) so probably not.

The chance models are made by KMG

Can anyone tell me if the La Revolucion ride is open since the tragic accident accident in Ohio?

I was under the impression that the ride is designed by KMG but that Chance bought the design and then changed it be a permanent version and built it themselves.

I found this link from the Ohio Accident forum.....

http://www.chancerides.com/rides/revolution32.html

look at the picture on Chance Website, it is identical to La Revolucion.

This article says Cal-OSHA ordered all similar rides in the state to close temporarily including La Revolucion, Fire Ball at SCBB and Delirium at CGA.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/07/26/santa-cruz-beach-boardwalk-closes-fire-ball-after-deadly-malfunction/

The other affected parks and rides in California are La Revolución at Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park in Southern California; Beach Blaster at Belmont Park in San Diego; G Force at the Orange County Fair, operated by Ray Cammack Shows; and Fire Ball at the Cal Expo State Fair in Sacramento, operated by Butler Amusements.

^That's interesting as the official KMG Press Release says the Revolution (Which I'm guessing is Knotts' model) can still operate.

California plays by it's own rules and is just taking extra precautions. They just want to make sure at least in the public's eye that everything is working safely.

Does anyone know why Xcelerator is listed as closed until further notice , according to Knotts website?

Looks like they updated their website, I just took a look and didn't see it say closed.

It is still listed as closed under "hours of operation" / "scheduled ride closures"......

Does anyone know why Xcelerator is listed as closed until further notice , according to Knotts website?

Looks like they updated their website, I just took a look and didn't see it say closed.

It is still listed as closed under "hours of operation" / "scheduled ride closures"......

Oh I see it...hmm maybe they need room for the new ride?

Right, they are going to tear out one of their most popular rides. I know you're joking but it's not funny. Besides they have plenty of room already for a decent sized coaster.

Right, they are going to tear out one of their most popular rides. I know you're joking but it's not funny. Besides they have plenty of room already for a decent sized coaster.

No of course not touch X, maybe just need the walkway to transport or use a crane.

They're messing with us. First they dug a hole, then they filled it in and made a smooth grade. Then they dug a new hole in a different spot, then they filled that one in and are making another smooth grade. Urgh!!!!

I bet there is more happening than just digging holes and filling them.

^That's interesting as the official KMG Press Release says the Revolution (Which I'm guessing is Knotts' model) can still operate.

California plays by it's own rules and is just taking extra precautions. They just want to make sure at least in the public's eye that everything is working safely.

I wouldn't say it has anything to do with the public's perception. It's not known at this time if the Ohio accident exposed a fatal design flaw that has to be corrected or was just a freak accident, so DOSH made the right call. California routinely goes above and beyond to ensure safety.

Years ago, The state also mandated Superman and Xcelerator have their lapbar systems re-designed to ensure they were down to a certain point before being able to dispatch in order to avoid any ejections in response the numerous Intamin fatalities.

Generally speaking when a rode pops up on that list out of the blue and the re-opening date isn't listed it's because of an unexpected mechanical issue. It's an Intamin Accelerator Coaster... that checks out .

Knotts Scary Farm questions!

Heading to my 1st KSF on Sat Sept 23rd. Since this is my first Haunt, I have some questions for the experts out there

1) Already got our tickets and dinner buffet which gets us in an hour early. How many houses do you think we can do with this extra time? I know when we did the same thing at Busch Tampa, we were able to hit every house in an hour and spent the rest of the time seeing shows and riding coasters.

2) There are 4 of us, and we want to see a few houses but we don't need to hit every one. Any MUST SEEs among the line up?

3) The main reason we are going is to see the Elvira show. How early do we need to get in line for that? Do they do tickets or just first come first served?

4) How are the lines like for the rides? 2 of our group has never been to Knotts, so we definitely wanna do Ghostrider, Xcelerator, and any other ones.

Thanks for any and all advice!