TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

After doing some research and viewing some YouTube videos, it seems that an entire arm of seats was replaced on Sol Spin. That actually makes a lot of sense, because based on my visits, one arm kept having issues with restraints not opening properly. I'm glad to hear it's open now with a longer ride cycle. I'm heading to the park today to check it out.

Anybody else notice how deep that hole is getting at the Boomerang site? Kinda big for supports . What do we think it is?

Station foundation?

On that note, there is more and more evidence that CGA may very well get a Raptor. First there was SR1. Then the Railblazer name. Then a sign has popped on site that mentions a hiking trail. Now the teaser tweet with mountains. Railblazer, Trailblazer. Makes sense to me.

So if , big if here, CGA is getting a Raptor that would be the new type of coaster. Leaving the renewed relationship, and maybe the Half Pipe name, to Knott's. If that relationship is Intamin then I pray to God Knott's doesn't a half pipe. No more shuttle coasters. However, if Knott's is getting any kind of LSM coaster it will need a big power plant and putting beneath the station mages the most sense.

I don't know what Knotts is getting but from seeing the site in person it certainly looks big enough to hold more than a shuttle coaster I was actually very surprised to see just how much room Knotts has to work with and if in fact the renewed relationship is Intamin I'd love to see a blitz or skyrush west type of full circuit ride in that area

I to agree that there is a lot more room than people think. I don't think it's a shuttle either.

BTW today on the Knott's Nuts Facebook page someone posted that they saw what look like pieces of a ride across the street from Coast Rider this past weekend. They said it was blue and whitish in color. Of course they didn't gey any pics.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

^Interesting. I'm at the park right now. I'll ride Supreme Scream and see if I can see them. Obviously I can't take any pics, but maybe I can get a good look.

Also, Sol Spin does 6 cycles instead of 4. Not WAY longer, but those two extra full-speed rotations really help with making the ride feel more "complete." It also seems to be running pretty reliably. I took a video of the new cycle; maybe I will upload it to YouTube and share it here, if I can figure out how (I never use YouTube).

I'm going with the Gerstlaurer Infinity with a beyond vertical drop called The Ledge and sticking with it. Somebody quote me on 8/16. Lol

I already set a reminder.

So if this is being announced alongside other CF coasters on National Roller Coaster day, this essentially confirms that we're definitely getting a coaster, right?! Hell yeah!

I can't wait for Knott's to get a major coaster for the first time in 13 years!

^ And I will get to ride it a year later!

(2x2019 visits, during Boysenberry Fest, and again during WCB.)

IMG_1993.JPG.319542f2c0cd9633b712ba34f79e8312.JPG

I loved my first rides on Xcelerator, too! WCB, 2016.

I'm going with the Gerstlaurer Infinity with a beyond vertical drop called The Ledge and sticking with it. Somebody quote me on 8/16. Lol

Doesn't count as a renewed relationship, IMO. For one, CF worked with them a year ago on a flat ride. Before that they did one coaster back in 2006. You don't renew a relationship with someone you worked with once. That doesn't even count as a relationship. Did you have a relationship with that one girl that you went on one date with a decade ago? No, it was one date. If you looked her up ten years later, does that count as renewal? Not in my book.

I'm still calling an Intamin coaster more along the lines of Fahrenheit with the space saving vertical lift and a beyond 90 drop. And it stops at the top like a B&M dive coaster. The Ledge.

I think Hang Time is for a flat ride.

Doesn't count as a renewed relationship, IMO. For one, CF worked with them a year ago on a flat ride. Before that they did one coaster back in 2006. You don't renew a relationship with someone you worked with once. That doesn't even count as a relationship. Did you have a relationship with that one girl that you went on one date with a decade ago? No, it was one date. If you looked her up ten years later, does that count as renewal? Not in my book.

I'm still calling an Intamin coaster more along the lines of Fahrenheit with the space saving vertical lift and a beyond 90 drop. And it stops at the top like a B&M dive coaster. The Ledge.

I think Hang Time is for a flat ride.

Who are you?

said a bunch of stuff

Who are you?

I am the King of UN-substantiated opinions! The Master of Conjecture! The Supreme Hypothesizer! All speculation, guesswork, hunches or inference to anything that has not been proven true regarding all things in any way remotely related to amusement parks is my territory. Opine at your own risk, amateurs!!

It's great to hear that we finally have an announcement date! I think that confirms that it will be a major coaster, otherwise we would have our regular November announcement date if it were flats or otherwise.

I did ride Supreme Scream today (facing Xcelerator) and didn't notice any track/column/parts or pieces laying in any field as someone mentioned.

Also, now that Sol Spin runs longer (and even a little faster), I think it is my favorite ride in the park. I love crazy, out-of-control rides, and no other attraction in the park comes close to being that insane. I hope it stays running as reliably as it did today!

said a bunch of stuff

Who are you?

I am the King of UN-substantiated opinions! The Master of Conjecture! The Supreme Hypothesizer! All speculation, guesswork, hunches or inference to anything that has not been proven true regarding all things in any way remotely related to amusement parks is my territory. Opine at your own risk, amateurs!!

Werd

Rode Sol Spin today with my 3 baby cousins (11-15). They loved it. Didn't seem as wacky as the one at Canada's Wonderland, but still a great signature flat ride.

Geesh I love Schwarzkopfs...

IMG_7782.thumb.JPG.c9aca37a3ece176fc7ac8d816e02a091.JPG

So, all day yesterday I couldn't get the boardwalk webcam to load. Last i had seen they were digging a deep hole. Now its back up this morning and the entire area is levelled.....THEY'RE SCREWING WITH US, MAN!!! I think they buried the catawampus there.