TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

If CF really is working with Gerstlauer, then (in addition to this) I hope it means they are using their trains on the RMCs instead of the RMC trains.

Because that worked out so well.

[attachment=0]maxresdefault.jpg[/attachment]

I hope you're kidding. That was the operator's fault, not Gerstlauer. But that's irrelevant because RMC only contracted Gerstlauer because they didn't have their own trains to provide at the time.

I can see Cedar Fair opting for the Gerstlauer trains if they want a more open air experience for Mean Streak/Hurler. They kind of did it for Mystic Timbers when they modified the traditional Millennium Flyer trains.

^ I don't really care if it's a sorta low capacity ride, mainly because I never plan on visiting when it's busy. I just want it too be an amazing ride. But no shuttle coasters and no one train operation glorified fireballs. Those may as well be shuttle coasters as far I'm concerned.

Edit: Does Knott's do private parties after hours? It's after midnight and the park closed at 10pm but there are still a lot of people in the park and some of the rides, but not all, are still going.

^ I don't really care if it's a sorta low capacity ride, mainly because I never plan on visiting when it's busy. I just want it too be an amazing ride. But no shuttle coasters and no one train operation glorified fireballs. Those may as well be shuttle coasters as far I'm concerned.

Edit: Does Knott's do private parties after hours? It's after midnight and the park closed at 10pm but there are still a lot of people in the park and some of the rides, but not all, are still going.

Infinity coasters built like Karnan,Karacho, Smiler have 960/hr capacity and not the 500/hr of Monster. The have 4 trains with 16 passengers per train and not 3 trains with 8 passengers per train. Gold Rush runs 20 passenger trains with 800/hr capacity. Infinity coasters are never going to be line eaters, but Monster is the absolute low end of capacity.

I would think Knott's is going to go for decent capacity. It could be Monster-like but with 4 or 5-row trains, like other Gerstlauer Infinity coasters:

gold.jpg.ec5412106ab7a70d3f6eb976eca5c2b6.jpg

5 rows on Gold Rush

Kaernan.thumb.jpg.66dde7e247dd275b20dc97a066b6bbf9.jpg

4 rows on Kärnan

An infinity like Karnan, 230ft drop is what you're talking about maybe, just add more inversions than Karnan. Karnan and Monster cost both around 9M.

Is there a source on that because I highly doubt Kärnan and Monster would cost the same.

An infinity like Karnan, 230ft drop is what you're talking about maybe, just add more inversions than Karnan. Karnan and Monster cost both around 9M.

Is there a source on that because I highly doubt Kärnan and Monster would cost the same.

After a quick search on Google, I found that Kärnan was build at a cost of 26 million euros. (Source) While Monster costs around 9 million USD. (Source)

After a quick search on Google, I found that Kärnan was build at a cost of 26 million euros. (Source) While Monster costs around 9 million USD. (Source)

I meant Karacho and not Karnan costing around 9M. I hadn't looked up the info recently, both K names. my bad.. Infinity coasters have a broad range of cost.

Smiler cost 18M Pounds(22+M USD) - 98H,3838ft long, about 53mph, 14 inversions.

Karacho (LIM Launch) cost 7M Euros(7.8M USD) - 98H, 2300 ft long, 62mph, 4 inversions

Gold Rush - 5M euros (5.6M USD) - 108ft, 1312 ft long, 2 inversions

Happy Birthday Xcelerator!

Wow, it's hard to believe that Xcelerator is 15 years old! I think it still runs great and it's pretty reliable for an Intamin. I just wish they had built a dual loading platform like the other accelerator coasters, but at least the ops on it are usually pretty good. Plus they've been running two trains lately, which helps a bit.

^I would love to see them transform that small turn before the station into a separate unload platform. That would do wonders for capacity, and riders wouldn't have to sit in the heat for 2-3 minutes before the next train dispatches. Although, they would have to run two trains for it to work efficiently. But they've been running both trains consistently since November, so maybe they're turning over a new leaf.

I believe Xcelerator is the ONLY Intamin Accelerator that runs two trains that launches directly out of the station without having a separate unload platform.

I guess Sky Cabin was just getting a new see-thru fence and hopefully new windows for the cabin itself. I guess they want people to gaze upon the new coaster with amazement.

That was just a construction fence. This is an old photo of Sky Cabin with Boom in the background. You can clearly see that there is no "wall" around the ride. You can see the access ramps with the white and red painted swooshes and the screen-fencing around the ride. The construction fence was probably just up to protect the ride from all of the destruction going on around it.

436363912_Screenshot(64).png.b8a24475c5d50e743e895f21b6087e32.png

I believe Xcelerator is the ONLY Intamin Accelerator that runs two trains that launches directly out of the station without having a separate unload platform.

Kanonen likes to have a word with you

Kanonen likes to have a word with you

You're absolutely right. I completely forgot about that one.

Either way, Xcelerator could really benefit from an unload station, assuming they plan on running two trains the majority of the time.