TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Hp pavilion

Just hold either shift button down and press 6. It's the same as making an exclamation point.

Thanks. Now is there a way to post the picture on here without using a photo sharing site?

The level of incompetence on this thread is nearing Darien Lake's

So I've been poking around the Knott's website redesign, but I can't seem to find where it lists ride closures. On the old site, there was a section listing ride closures on the far left of the park hours page, but there's no such listing on the new hours page. Now that we're into the summer season, there shouldn't be any ride closures (except for the Sky Cabin), but I visit a lot during the offseason and it's nice to know the ride closure schedule. If anyone knows where the ride closures are listed on the new site, please respond to this post.

You may now continue with your regularly scheduled posts detailing the Boomerang demo and new coaster speculation.

I couldn't find a closed attractions section anywhere on the App or Website either but since you brought that up; the web page for Sky Cabin is dead and there is no mention of it on the website or App. Maybe they will add it when it re-opens but no mention of it at this time.

73648884_skycabin.thumb.JPG.09fa65b80187c1abe1408bfb1ccfc760.JPG

*If it reopens...
I say it doesn't reopen but they keep the tower around, sans the actual cabin because it is a Knott's landmark, even if it's not an official one, and honestly it isn't in the way of any future development. In fact I predict that the cabin will be removed soon and the new coaster will wrap around the tower. You heard it here first.

Hp pavilion

Just hold either shift button down and press 6. It's the same as making an exclamation point.

Thanks. Now is there a way to post the picture on here without using a photo sharing site?

The level of incompetence on this thread is nearing Darien Lake's

I'm an old guy. I don't do computers well. I'm not born with the technical knowledge kids have today. Give me a break. I just got my first smartphone last year for crying out loud.

*If it reopens...
I say it doesn't reopen but they keep the tower around, sans the actual cabin because it is a Knott's landmark, even if it's not an official one, and honestly it isn't in the way of any future development. In fact I predict that the cabin will be removed soon and the new coaster will wrap around the tower. You heard it here first.

Even though I don't ride it much, the Sky Cabin should stay around provided it is allowed to re-open. There is no reason though to leave a rusting abandoned tower standing in an urban theme park, already lacking in space, if they can't re-open it. It would be nice if they saved the "K" and placed it somewhere high instead of a warehouse to be auctioned away, but looking at a permanently closed attraction every day would maddening.

Very interesting that there is no Sky Cabin in the rendering. Of course, it's just concept art and should not be taken literally, but it's interesting nonetheless. I could really see it going either way. If they keep it, I'm not surprised. If they remove it, I'm not surprised.

One might assume that if it was the case that Sky Cabin isn't in the rendering because it was in fact to be removed, that it would also stand to reason that since there is no ride in Boom's spot that either there isn't to be a replacement or that it is something low enough to not be visible. Personally I just think that the exclusion of Sky Cabin is also just an anomaly because Coast Rider should also be visible in the background from this angle. Knott's and Cedar Fair aren't dumb enough to accidentally reveal Boom's replacement in a restaurant promo poster prior to their official announcement.

I dislike chute-the-chutes like this. You wait forever in line then you go up then around a turn and then down. Weeee whoopie. Yeah the drop is thrilling but it's such waste. I felt the same watching POV of the first dive coaster. You go up and are held and then drop straight down, make a turn and then done. Weee whoopie. At least B&M started making longer rides but why did no one ever make a longer chute-the-chute along the lines of a log ride maybe even crossing it with a rafting ride type experience. That would be fun actually. I'd wait in line for that.

I'm going to assume they told the artist, "Here's some money. Make us a rendering of a 50s style BBQ place." And this was the result.

I'm going to play Devils Advocate here for a moment. If what you say is the case then why did they include the Dance Hall in the background? No I think it's pretty clear that Sky Cabin is coming down and Boom'about becomes a planter

I'm going to assume they told the artist, "Here's some money. Make us a rendering of a 50s style BBQ place." And this was the result.

I'm going to play Devils Advocate here for a moment. If what you say is the case then why did they include the Dance Hall in the background? No I think it's pretty clear that Sky Cabin is coming down and Boom'about becomes a planter

I will one up you: Perhaps Knott's intentionally left sky cabin out of the rendering because the new project will integrate it and/or wrap around it and they don't want to "tip their hand"...

I will one up you: Perhaps Knott's intentionally left sky cabin out of the rendering because the new project will integrate it and/or wrap around it and they don't want to "tip their hand"...

I thought the same thing

Back at work tonight. I was watching the webcam and I noticed some people going under the old queue station. Then I saw flashes of white and blue light and sparks. Lower right hand area of the "trench" the track used to run through. I'm not quick enough to capture the sparks but I did get some successive screenshots of the flashes of light on and off. One of the screenshots actually a piece of one spark. It looks like a white pinpoint. Curious what they are doing for one. I doubt they are cutting support beams. That would be dumb if you are under it. But secondly, I didn't know it was an underneath. Kind of cool actually. Anyway enjoy.

575332528_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.6f4033cfa8e2ba80cd07bd2df6bf6bd1.png

1332118284_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.37ca69cb3ec8f29a50200c74fd665870.png

1657628249_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.dcaeea7f80deb31c4bc2bc3589036d46.png

2110920003_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.3b6d366a7fb650613d340edb78e8bae0.png

1083388855_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.72b26b78dae957228eb628a187994591.png