TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

What I don't understand is this incident occurred in 2014. They only now did the changes once the family sued. In all this time no one else has gotten hurt due to the lack of shinguards. And I think that in a normal court Knott's would clearly win the case. I but you're probably not correct that California legal mumbo-jumbo is probably at fault here.

Knott's could and hopefully will win the lawsuit from the injury in 2014 as they had taken what appear to be reasonable known measures to protect the riders. Unfortunately, someone found out that the restraints could be rider defeated so the company can become negligent on future injuries if they don't take measures to protect against future escapes and injuries. This is more of a common law issue than specific California legal issues.

Wouldn't that be on manufacturer and not the park? And what about the fact that out of the hundreds of wild mouse coasters there has never been another incident like this anywhere, that we know of. At what point is the responsibility solely put on the idiot public? No one can plan for and foresee every possible whacky scenario.

Also wouldn't it better to block the opening rather than restrain the legs of riders and thereby hindering larger taller people from riding? Put little doors or something on the cars.

In product liability cases where they claim the original design was defective, the park and manufacturer could both be held liable so they both have an interest in fixing the problem. It is kind of like when a lot of parks replaced the cotter pins on scrambler rides with foot pedal releases that were out of the reach of the guests. Those cotter pins worked for decades but one person opens the restraint before the ride stops and ruins it for everyone else.

BTW I checked out the live video cams on Knott's website: What a sight for sore eyes! I'm out of state now and just watching the park puts me in a better mood! But that Boardwalk... YEESH! Needs a freakin' facelift. Only what, 6 feet between the fence and the street on Western? Kinda ghetto, y'know?

Both stores were demolished last night. I watched it all live while drinking my tea.

"Tea" Yah, I call my rum and coke tea, too lol.

Those cotter pins worked for decades but one person opens the restraint before the ride stops and ruins it for everyone else.

The story of America over the past 3 decades. One person being a complete dumbass ruins niceities of life for everyone who is following the rules. Instead of him being held responsible for his own stupid actions, instead of being told to "eff off". he is able to file a lawsuit against the park and receive monetary compensation for his incompetence!

Such an ass backward society we live in. I don't know who "signed off" on how this was supposed to go, but I sure as hell didn't.

At least the train tracks give a little buffer. I've always thought they should do something to spice up the train ride along that stretch. Once it hits Western it's just fence all the up to LaPalma and then over to Supreme Scream. Maybe they could paint some frescos or murals. Or maybe somehow some dioramas.

I've only been to Disneyland twice but one of my favorite rides was always the train ride through the dioramas.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

Or, and this would be quite a technical undertaking, they could fit the windows with screens to simulate a real western environment.

While that would make the train more of a true attraction, that would completely take away from what the point is---riding an authentic narrow gauge train from the "wild west" era. Spruce up the scenery of the route or do more with the robbers (whom are already great fun) to enhance it.

So I have now become semi-obsessed with the Knott's Webcam in the Boardwalk and it's almost 4 AM and there is some work being done! I have seen 5 guys working the entire night. There were 2 construction trucks, one excavator and one backhoe. Also some metal cutting I believe as there were sparks flying earlier, and also they have finally removed the control panel booth! Man I always wanted to sit in that control booth, it seemed so cool to be like 2 feet away from a coaster flying by at 50 mph with nothing between you and the train!

Also they have a dude that cleans the former Perilous Plunge pool by hand! At 4 am?!?! Who'da thunk it?

/\ Oh good. I haven't been able to figure out the screenshot thing yet but I wanted to point out what they did last night. I watched off an on throughout the night. No tea this time. First they finished cleaning up the debris from California Sports. Then a machine worked over by the Sky Cabin but I couldn't see what it was doing because the work light was right behind it causing a glare. But now in the daylight you can see a huge pile of broken concrete so I assume it was tearing up the slab in that area. I watched for about half an hour then finally went to bed. I woke up again when the baby cried so we watched the webcam. While I slept they had removed Boom's control cabin and the entire railing from that side. You can see it lying on the ground to the left side by the palm trees. The back-hoe was digging at the ground in front of the station foundation. You can see where the dirt is disturbed because it's darker than the rest. First the back-hoe dug down to create a trench of sorts and then began pulling at what looked to be a concrete culvert. It would lift the culvert up and let it drop back down. It would do that about three or four times and then pick up a scoop of debris and dump it of to the side. Then it went back to work on the culvert. Then we went back to bed. When I awoke this morning the ground was all put back.

"Press and hold down the "Fn" button while pressing the "Home Prt Sc" button above the numeric keypad to capture the entire screen. Make a screenshot of the active window only by holding down the "Fn" and Alt" keys while pressing "Home Prt Sc.""

Or on some images F4 looks like it might be that too.

Hp pavilion

It has to do with your version of Windows. Go to google.com and search for "win 98 screenshot" if you have Windows 98. Replace the "98" with your version of Windows. On Windows 8 or 10, the easiest way is hit the Windows Key & Prt Scr and then the screenshot goes to a "Screenshots" folder in your "My Pictures" folder automatically. Your screen will darken slightly if it works.

Hp pavilion

It has to do with your version of Windows. Go to google.com and search for "win 98 screenshot" if you have Windows 98. Replace the "98" with your version of Windows. On Windows 8 or 10, the easiest way is hit the Windows Key & Prt Scr and then the screenshot goes to a "Screenshots" folder in your "My Pictures" folder automatically. Your screen will darken slightly if it works.

lol Pretty cool I didn't know about the screenshot folder, even faster.

So I've been poking around the Knott's website redesign, but I can't seem to find where it lists ride closures. On the old site, there was a section listing ride closures on the far left of the park hours page, but there's no such listing on the new hours page. Now that we're into the summer season, there shouldn't be any ride closures (except for the Sky Cabin), but I visit a lot during the offseason and it's nice to know the ride closure schedule. If anyone knows where the ride closures are listed on the new site, please respond to this post.

You may now continue with your regularly scheduled posts detailing the Boomerang demo and new coaster speculation.