TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Based on the pics posted yesterday and what we can see right now on the webcam, it appears they are able to remove a segment each night. It really takes that long to unscrew some bolts and rig up cables?

The ride closed three days ago and we're already complaining the park is taking too long to disassemble it?

Based on the pics posted yesterday and what we can see right now on the webcam, it appears they are able to remove a segment each night. It really takes that long to unscrew some bolts and rig up cables?

The ride closed three days ago and we're already complaining the park is taking too long to disassemble it?

Not what I meant. I'm interested in the engineering of it. I'm not complaining. I'm fascinated. I didn't know there was so much involved. I thought undo some bolts. Rig it up. Load it on the truck. And moving on. But apparently no. There's a lot more to it.

If you think that's complaining you should really check out the last few pages of Sol Spin posts.

Not what I meant. I'm interested in the engineering of it. I'm not complaining. I'm fascinated. I didn't know there was so much involved. I thought undo some bolts. Rig it up. Load it on the truck. And moving on. But apparently no. There's a lot more to it.

It looks like Knott's has just used their own maintenance staff so far to remove the one piece of the track adjacent to the station so that they can remove the train. There is no transfer track so they have to take out the small section of track adjacent to the station, decouple train in the station, and lift each car off the open track with a small crane. It appears half of the station roof fabric and train are missing at this point. I am guessing they will switch to subcontracted construction company to move the actual coaster structure.

1783433795_Screenshot(41).jpg.821af21c3e5592c2633f71e3b9108d0d.jpg

Train appears to be missing- Website cam capture

It looks like Knott's has just used their own maintenance staff so far to remove the one piece of the track adjacent to the station so that they can remove the train. There is no transfer track so they have to take out the small section of track adjacent to the station, decouple train in the station, and lift each car off the open track with a small crane. It appears half of the station roof fabric and train are missing at this point. I am guessing they will switch to subcontracted construction company to move the actual coaster.

Then why did they remove part of the cobra roll Monday night? That segment wouldn't have anything to do with getting the train out, would it?

Edited by WestCoasterKing

It looks like Knott's has just used their own maintenance staff so far to remove the one piece of the track adjacent to the station so that they can remove the train. There is no transfer track so they have to take out the small section of track adjacent to the station, decouple train in the station, and lift each car off the open track with a small crane. It appears half of the station roof fabric and train are missing at this point. I am guessing they will switch to subcontracted construction company to move the actual coaster.

Then why did they remove part of the cobra roll Monday night? That segment wouldn't have anything to do with getting the train out, would it?

They would not need to remove the cobra roll to remove the train cars and it doesn't look missing at this time in the webcam. I am not sure why they would remove part of the cobra roll until the entire coaster came down. I believe it is just a small section of the flat track directly adjacent to the station and before the hill starts that they remove to pull the cars off.

They would not need to remove the cobra roll to remove the train cars and it doesn't look missing at this time in the webcam. I am not sure why they would remove part of the cobra roll until the entire coaster came down. I believe it is just a small section of the flat track directly adjacent to the station and before the hill starts that they remove to pull the cars off.

The pics posted yesterday on RCDB and Knotts Network show a piece of the cobra roll missing on the station side. The upper piece. The first inversion.

I haven't been following this too much, are we placing wagers yet on if this goes to Michigan's Adventure or Dorney?

If it goes to Dorney, can it please be placed directly next to Stinger? The fury afterwards will be fun to watch.

The amount of discussion about a boomerang is just slightly disturbing....

I take it it would be more disturbing if it wasn't for its removal for some (speculated) shiny piece of new hotness?

I haven't been following this too much, are we placing wagers yet on if this goes to Michigan's Adventure or Dorney?

I know bets were placed, but I saw more for it going to Valleyfair than Dorney. Though my money is on either MiA or a junkyard. I wonder what Vegas thinks...

Check out this latest video from AttractionSpot. In the video description, the rumored Boomerang replacement is possibly a Gerstaluer high thrill coaster and the boomerang will be scrapped. That answers our question about relocation.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be] Edited by drummermattk

the boomerang will be scrapped. That answers our question about relocation.

Though my money is on either MiA or a junkyard. I wonder what Vegas thinks...

I don't think we would be seeing the surgical removal that we are if it was going to the scrapyard. Seems like its being unbolted and not cut from the photos posted yesterday.

Wow. There was literally and link to pictures of a piece of the cobra roll missing at the top of the page where this post was made and yet you couldn't be bothered enough to read it before posting?

I guess I need to post it below again so that it can be at the top of this page also.

Other than for this post rcdb posted on Facebook, I can't see any track removed yet.

Check out this latest video from AttractionSpot. Rumored Boomerang replacement is possibly a Gerstaluer high thrill coaster and the boomerang will be scrapped. That answers our question about relocation.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I didn't see anything in that video that rumors anything. It's just a video of the last ride.

Check out this latest video from AttractionSpot. Rumored Boomerang replacement is possibly a Gerstaluer high thrill coaster and the boomerang will be scrapped. That answers our question about relocation.

Surgical removal for the scrap yard. Makes no sense. And I read somewhere yesterday that C.F. ordered a new Vekoma train. No, Boom is getting moved.

You guys heard of posting your source or do you want everyone to just assume you are talking out your asses?

It looks like Knott's has just used their own maintenance staff so far to remove the one piece of the track adjacent to the station so that they can remove the train. There is no transfer track so they have to take out the small section of track adjacent to the station, decouple train in the station, and lift each car off the open track with a small crane.

You don't have to do it that way though. You can just remove the upstops to take the train off. The park I use to work at did that. When ours valleyed between the loop and boomerang they did that and removed the cars, put them back on between the loop and second lift, put the upstops back on, hoisted it up with the winch on top of that lift, and then restarted the ride.

Check out this latest video from AttractionSpot. In the video description, the rumored Boomerang replacement is possibly a Gerstaluer high thrill coaster and the boomerang will be scrapped. That answers our question about relocation.

I would be surprised if they just scrapped it when you have parks like MiA or VF that could benefit from a relocated coaster. Also, I hope they don't go with Gerstlauer as their coasters are typically not high capacity. Maybe something like Gold Rush could work if they had a Mr. Freeze-like dual loading platform, but the park already has 3 short launched coasters. They really need another high capacity ride and something unique to the region like a B&M dive or hyper coaster would fit that need perfectly.

Edited by VegasBaby