TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

And RMC posts new Raptor track the day after boomerang closes...thats whats going there

Just saw this, honestly I'm leaning more towards wanting and expecting to see a RMC in there then a dive machine.

Edit: Has there been any mystery dive machine track spotted at the B&M plant lately?

And RMC posts new Raptor track the day after boomerang closes...thats whats going there

I'm all for Knott's getting the first RMC Raptor coaster, however the trains would have to be a lot different than the concept video. The video shows 4-car trains with each car containing 2 people in single file seating, for a total capacity of 8 people per train. At a minimum, the trains would have to be 5-car trains with 2 rows of 2 across seating, for a total capacity of 20 people per train (similar to Lightning Run). My preference would be 6-car trains with a capacity of 24 people per train (the typical RMC train setup). The last thing Knott's needs is another low capacity coaster, so that would be my major concern with the Raptor concept.

Edited by VegasBaby

I'm all for Knott's getting the first RMC Raptor coaster, however the trains would have to be a lot different than the concept video. The video shows 4-car trains with each car containing 2 people in single file seating, for a total capacity of 8 people per train. At a minimum, the trains would have to be 5-car trains with 2 rows of 2 across seating, for a total capacity of 20 people per train (similar to Lightning Run). My preference would be 6-car trains with a capacity of 24 people per train (the typical RMC train setup). The last thing Knott's needs is another low capacity coaster, so that would be my major concern with a Raptor coaster.

Could be TRex track. They look the same, Raptor is just narrower.

I doubt this will be an RMC Raptor. I think the park knows they need "another Silver Bullet" in terms of capacity and reliability. A B&M Dive fits that criteria, along with being able to fit comfortably in that space. It's unique to the region, very marketable, and with the employee saying it's a "drop coaster" (as unreliable as that source is...), and with the success of Valravn and the Cedar Fair-B&M relationship, a B&M Dive just makes sense from all angles.

If it is a Dive, for the love of all that is holy, I hope they don't add those stupid vests! Obviously this is going to be a small/medium scale Dive, so maybe they will go with the 18-passenger trains like Baron, Oblivion, and Krake, but this is Cedar Fair, so who knows. Those look like they completely ruin the concept of a Dive Coaster IMO.

Wouldn't be surprised Knott's has a history of prototypes like Xcelerator and Pony Express.

That was under the leadership of Jack Falfas and old Cedar Fair corporate management. Different leadership now.

Just curious, because I can't seem to find it online, how tall is Sky Cabin? Both to the top of the 'K' and to the max height the actual cabin goes. I ask because if it's over 200 feet then it would an awesome spot to put a dive coaster first turn around. People on the Sky Cabin could watch as the train goes around, stops then drops.

Sorry, but I have to say here...

Adios Knott's Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival!

It all looked great (thanks to those of you who attended and did a TR),

and I hope one year I will be able to go myself... and then another WCB!

IMG_1890.JPG.8ec6b673a1c5f78f480c9b3e2c755e95.JPG

Good point on the capacity issue.. does 6 Flags and Cedar Fair communicate about things like this...6 flags said they are watching the success of Valraven closely which leads to the rumors of MM getting a dive next year, even tho they should get a damn Giga already but thats a whole other topic for a different thread..would be funny if MM and KBF both got dives seeing how they're all pretty similar anyway, borderline clones

Just curious, because I can't seem to find it online, how tall is Sky Cabin? Both to the top of the 'K' and to the max height the actual cabin goes. I ask because if it's over 200 feet then it would an awesome spot to put a dive coaster first turn around. People on the Sky Cabin could watch as the train goes around, stops then drops.

From what I can recall, the cabin reaches about 175 feet. I'm not sure about the top of the K. My guess is around 210-ish feet. Cool idea, although that would be pretty ugly looking, honestly.

Thanks for the heads-up on them already working on Boomerang, pretty cool to watch. I'm seeing some guy working in the station like gathering wire or something right now. Also noticing how the water lagoon is drained. Do they do that after closing every day, or is that unusual and having to do with boomerang closing now. Since they have no off days to do the big crane work will most of the work come after closing hours and real early mornings?

yeah I just looked at the webcam after not looking at it for a few hours and 1:35 am an employee just was walking along the fence. They are working a graveyard shift? I wouldn't think they would do that, for 2 reasons : 1 to make the crew work at these hours and 2 to make noise in the city when people are sleeping. I guess no crane work at these hours because that would be too loud i'm guessing?

Rode Sol Spin twice today. Yes it's a short cycle, but the ride's only been open for two days. If a short cycle keeps it more reliable, I'm for it. It makes the line move faster as well. Great ride and great addition regardless!

I understand the short ride cycle for capacity, but COME ON, if you're waiting for a ride I'd rather wait longer for it to be better. Not saying it will run that way forever, but watching the video even the GP person recording said "Why isn't it rotating?" which means even guests are wondering why the ride is being so lame. I hope this is just a beginning cycle but give me a break we're in a theme park not at a carnival the thing should be much more thrilling than that.

There were also lots of enthusiasts in line. My goodness... I thought I was nerdy... they're annoying.

I am nerdy about roller coasters, but yes, in person, enthusiasts can be annoying and I would not recommend bringing a girlfriend to an event to impress her. The last event I brought my girlfriend and kept her as far as possible from them, enjoying the advantages of my know-how while keeping a safe distance. I have met a couple people I could stand through the years but in person most of them were just...not my kind of people.

Also just rode my last ride on Boomerang. Employee mentioned the new ride will be a "drop coaster" which I presume is a B&M Dive, but of course that is coming from an employee, so who knows. Sounds plausible though.

2) I hope hope hope it's not a B&M dive coaster. I know why these things have been picking up slack these past couple of years, but I am SICK AND TIRED of B&M's in America. PLEASE, bring Intamin back! B&M is mostly capacity and marketing (breaking records) generated, but they are just so mundayne and watered down and overdesigned and I don't even have a desire to get on another one. And even Valverononenomen was just so...ugh...overhyped and unimpressive, like Gatekeeper. I hope CF reaches out to Intamin or another company on this one at Knott's for a magnetic launcher, which will save a butt-ton of space, and can be awesome like Taron or Cheetah Hunt.

saw a white van drive towards the front of the park at 2:02 am then at 2:12 am this golf cart stopped at the entrance of the the bridge and one guy walked across the bridge with a bag.