The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1501 - Bigfoot Rapids to become Calico River Rapids
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroG001 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:14 pm

I was at Knott's today for my school's senior trip and was surprised because the park opened Xcelerator today! I was under the impression that if it even drizzles, they shut it down all day. The rides that were scheduled to be down were down, but as soon as the rain cleared up, all the coasters were operational! So on behalf of everyone at the park today, I want to thank you, Knott's. I know a lot of kids were mad when we went in while it was raining and rides were closed. Everything ended up being walk-ons through out the day and the majority of the people I saw in the park today were from my school, so it seems like the combo of weekday/rainy weather did keep people away. Xcelerator was great, as always. Same with Silver Bullet, which I got to ride while it was still drizzling a little. Ghostrider was smooth for our first ride on it, but went back to being it's rough self for the last two rides. I'm kind of disappointed that they trimmed the turn over the station, too. We played some Boardwalk games today and checked out some of the shops in Ghost Town, so that was a lot of fun, doing stuff other than rides. Overall, it was a pretty fun and relaxed day at the park.

Got on these rides:
Log Ride: x1
Silver Bullet: x3
Xcelerator: x4
Ghostrider: x3
Supreme Scream: x2
Bigfoot Rapids: x1
Pony Express: x1
Montezooma's Revenge: x1
Jaguar: x1
La Revolucion: x1

On Windseeker, it didn't look like anything new has happened since the recent photo updates I've seen on this and other sites. No tower up yet, but there were people on the construction site doing work on the ground.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu May 19, 2011 9:29 am

Windseeker is going up!

wINDSEEKER BASE.jpg

Photo from Knotts Twitter Page

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby G-Force! » Thu May 19, 2011 12:15 pm

Yup, vertical construction has finally started. Knott's skyline is about to be changed.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu May 19, 2011 12:23 pm

I think Windseeker will be another great addition to Knott's lineup. I'm excited to see vertical construction.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Blatch » Thu May 19, 2011 1:03 pm

Wow, it took them until just now to start vertical construction on this ride? I know about them trying to move the ride so that it didn't interfere with Skycabin, but did it really take that long?

Well, I live on the opposite side of the country from them, so my answer may not be correct. Should be a good ride for the park, however!
Half of my posts on here are of me talking about roller coasters, but without me actually having rode them. I hate this.

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Thu May 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Blatch wrote:Wow, it took them until just now to start vertical construction on this ride? I know about them trying to move the ride so that it didn't interfere with Skycabin, but did it really take that long?

Well, I live on the opposite side of the country from them, so my answer may not be correct. Should be a good ride for the park, however!

In my video of the Windseeker Construction Tour from WCB, they mentioned that the additional delay besides moving the ride from the old location was encountered.

After the earthquake in Japan, the earthquake standards were in limbo for CA. With a structure as large as Windseeker's, they had to review the plans for the ride, and how deep the foundations would be. After the plans were reviewed, the ride went back to being built, but it caused about a month of lost time I believe.

Glad to see the ride going vertical! I hope they can indeed get it open by the 4th Of July Weekend!
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Knott's Berry Farm has sent us a press release regarding the upcoming summer season.

Knott’s Berry Farm will celebrate the summer season with new shows and a breathtaking new attraction, WindSeeker.

Making its debut high above Orange County this summer is WindSeeker. Rising over 300 feet in the air, WindSeeker will take 64 passengers to new heights as it ascends above the theme park and then spins riders for a 60 second ride at a speed of 30 miles per hour. WindSeeker is slated to open in July.

Starting May 28, “Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular” returns for its second season and is bigger and brighter than ever. When darkness falls over Knott’s Berry Farm, Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular brings Camp Snoopy to life with a continuous light show filled with Peanuts’ figures, themed music, sound effects, and colorful projections. In “Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular” guests will see their favorite characters in scenes that personify them – Lucy’s dream of being a Hollywood starlet, Schroeder’s musical genius, even Woodstock gets into the act as he and Snoopy go on a camping adventure. “Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular” will run every evening the park is open after 8:00 p.m.

Over at the Charles M. Schulz Theatre, Knott’s Berry Farm is proud to present “Happiness is….Snoopy” (dark Wednesdays) an exciting ice show debuting June 18. In this musical extravaganza you will fall in love with Snoopy and the Peanuts Gang as they share the simple joys of life with the help of world-class ice skaters in a show that will delight the entire family. Catchy tunes, elaborate costumes, special effects and show-stopping choreography make this production a not-to-miss experience.

Back by popular demand, Knott’s “All Wheels Extreme” returns to the Calico Stage on June 18. Guests will be amazed by the skills of gravity defying BMX bikers, in-line skaters, a trials rider, gymnasts and even a skateboarding canine in a fast paced, action packed production.

For the younger set, “Hooray for Hollywood” tells the story of the Peanuts® Gang as they try to make it big in Tinseltown. Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, and their friend JT pay homage to the golden days of Hollywood in a show that’s sure to delight kids of all ages.

At twilight the Calico Square Stage becomes the place to learn the latest dances at “Country Dancin’ U.S.A.” (selected dates) with Knott’s line dancing aficionados, J.T. and Dusty.

The summer really heats up with “Fiesta Folklorico.” Guests in Fiesta Village will be treated to beautifully costumed dancers as they present culturally-rich performances filled with intricate choreography.

Weekends were made for BBQs and Knott’s is firing up the grill May 21-22, 28-30, June 4-5 then daily through September 5. For just $43.99 for Regular, $32.99 for Juniors and Seniors (62+), guests receive admission into Knott’s Berry Farm as well as an All-You-Can-Eat BBQ served from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm.

One of the best reasons to visit Knott’s Berry Farm during the summer is that Knott’s is open late, and guests can get in after 4 p.m. for only $28.50 for Regular admission and $24.99 for Juniors (3-11) and Seniors (62 years and older). All-day tickets to Knott’s Berry Farm are $56.99 for Regular admission and $24.99 for Juniors (ages 3-11) and Seniors (62+). Children under three are free. Discount tickets to Knott’s will be available at Ralphs stores starting June 8 through September 6 and are valid through October 31 (excludes Knott’s Halloween Haunt).

Just across the street from Knott’s Berry Farm, Knott’s Soak City is ready for another fun-filled season. Cool off in Tidal Wave Bay or take a ride on Pacific Spin, Soak City’s newest ride. Pacific Spin riders are blasted down into a 132-foot long tunnel, then drop a stomach-churning 63 feet into the mouth of a six story funnel. This thrilling escapade culminates in a waterfall splash that deposits riders into a cool catch pool. Tickets to Knott’s Soak City Regular admission is $31.99, Juniors (3-11) and Seniors are just $21.99. Discount tickets are available at knotts.com.

Knott’s Soak City Orange County will be open May 21 and 22, then daily May 28 through September 5, then weekends only September 10 through 18.
Knott’s Soak City San Diego will be open May 21 and 22, then daily May 25 through September 5, then weekends only September 10 through 25.
Knott’s Soak City Palm Springs is open weekends now until May 27 when it will be open daily through September 5 and then weekends through October 2.
SchroederStarlight.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu May 19, 2011 3:58 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Tue May 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Was there today and was IMO a mixed bag. Best: Xcelerator and Montezooma's Revenge: Moderate (Xcelerator) to Short waits. So-So: Silver-Bullet: Only one train- that was bad! Bad: Goldrusher: Loooong line and mostly malfunctioning.

Sad to say: Next to Goldrusher also the Giant-Flume was mostly down- Euro-Engineering is more reliaable...

I'm 39 and can't find the Shift Key

Postby fatdaddy » Tue May 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Bud Hurlbut says euro engineering can kiss his legendary A$$! :evil:
WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Tue May 24, 2011 7:32 pm

LOL

But 30+ years Schwarzkopf Looper running like clockwork...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!