Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

P. 82: New Marvel expansion rendering released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:05 pm

^ I can't wait for 2023, when it's all (supposedly) finished with the renovations and the new Attractions / Lands.

Woo Hoo! :mickey: (We're combining HKDL Resort, with TDL Resort Tour, in 2024!)

P.S. I also believe with the way they are colour-combining attractions (see artwork) literally beside each other
(AntMan, IronMan, and eventually, Marvel), they have got to change the colouring of Space Mountain
to work with everything else beside it.... Don't they? Which might bring it back to the freeky copperish thing they
did to it in Disneyland back in 1998! Who knows? Possible? Hmmm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:49 am

Starting in January, the castle starts going through it's "transformation," as posted by http://www.tdrexplorer.com :

Hong Kong Disneyland is in the middle of its multi-year development from now until 2023. Which includes the beginning of the transformation (or refurbishment if you want to call it that) of Sleeping Beauty Castle in January 2018 and completed by sometime in 2019 (no date is set yet).

The official website has a message indicating when the transformation of the castle begins:

"Hong Kong Disneyland will kick off the castle’s transformation following the finale of the “Disney in the Stars” Fireworks on January 1, 2018."

There are no other details other than what’s stated above. Meaning, it’s not clear how visible the castle and hub area are starting January 2, 2018. Once we know more information, we’ll keep you updated.

Between now and January 1, 2018, guests are able to collect a commemorative sticker celebrating the Disney in the Stars fireworks show. There’s also commemorative merchandise available at the park.

:mickey:
A Magical Finale(“Disney in the Stars” Fireworks)merchDec.2017.jpg
Some of the stuff available till January 1, 2018.
NewStuff01.jpg
A reminder of what the castle should/could look like, after all the "transformation" is done. (o:

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:20 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/12/12-days-of-disney-parks-christmas-hong-kong-disneyland-castle-will-reach-new-heights-with-upcoming-transformation/

We have more 12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas news to share today! As part of Hong Kong Disneyland’s multi-year expansion plan, the icon of the park will soon be reimagined and undergo a transformation, the first-of-its-kind at any Disney park. Today, we have a new rendering to show you what a magical centerpiece the new castle will be for our guests in Hong Kong!

The classic castle will draw inspiration from a variety of storybook influences and styles, with new thematic spires, domes and a design that reaches ever skyward. Features will be inspired by many of the Disney princesses, including special finial decorations on the spires such as Snow White’s apple, Cinderella’s coach and Belle’s rose. Original artwork and unique sculptures will add even more magic and fantasy.

Guests will be able to visit the all-new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for transformations of their own and meet Disney princesses at the castle. The changes will also take the park’s entertainment to new heights with the premiere of a new daytime show and nighttime spectacular against the impressive backdrop.

Work on the castle will begin after the finale of the “Disney in the Stars” fireworks on January 1, and the expansion plan will continue to bring new entertainment to the park almost every year through 2023. Local and international guests alike won’t want to miss the exciting new offerings coming soon to Hong Kong Disneyland
khc029348029482309fi-624x352.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:56 pm

From the "I'm So Bored During Winter" Dept. ....

Looked back at this great attraction design for Sven's Sleigh "Ride", using trackless vehicles
like those great "cars" in Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters at DCA.... hmmm.

Then I thought of the vehicles in Mystic Manor, also at HKDL, turning them into sleighs, instead....

Hmmm. Possible? Wait and see, I guess. :mickey:
NewStuff05.jpg
The artist conception. Free dancing sleighs, right? Awesome!
MysticManor12.jpg
Ta daaah! Possible sleigh design? With the base more 'streamlined' like Roadsters? I like it! (o:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:29 pm

Recent castle construction photo published by a fellow Explorer at http://www.tdrexplorer.com
The castle is supposed to be "transformed" by 2019.
Castle01.jpg
Fences all around it, front and back. Photo by DMK_Blog, thanks!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:22 pm

https://d23.com/breaking-news-about-disney-parks-and-resorts-from-d23-expo-japan-2018/

Since its January 2017 opening, Iron Man Experience has become the most popular attraction at Hong Kong Disneyland, and an entire Marvel-themed area is underway at the resort. But that’s not all that’s planned for Marvel fans: Chapek shared details about a second Marvel attraction that is set for Hong Kong Disneyland, where you’ll be able to team up with Ant-Man and The Wasp to fight Arnim Zola and his army of Hydra swarm bots.
Image_HKDL_Marvel Attraction 1.jpg
Image_HKDL_Marvel Attraction 2.jpg
Image_HKDL_Marvel Attraction 3.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Is it safe to assume Tomorrowland will be no more when the un-announced MARVEL attraction opens in 2023? Easy to overlay space mountain and orbitron

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:26 pm

^ Probably gone for (almost) good. And I'm wondering if the train that circles the park
will end up going through some long tunnel through all the show buildings? Or will the
track be in the open, and become an "interesting looking" photo op, when a train passes by?
The map shows only a small part as a tunnel for it now, but I wonder if they'll make it longer?

:mickey:

Also, I know that it hasn't been announced yet, but every time I look at the size
of the "footprint" of the Marvel Attraction for 2023 (on the map on the previous page)...
....it sure looks like the same sized print that the new
Galaxy's Edge trackless ride attraction is contained in.

Could Disney have created a third version of this with all the tech, but totally
re-themed it for Marvel purposes, precisely for Hong Kong?

Hmmm. (Pardon my repetition of these thoughts.)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:50 am

Jew wrote:Is it safe to assume Tomorrowland will be no more when the un-announced MARVEL attraction opens in 2023? Easy to overlay space mountain and orbitron

This wouldn't be a bad thing.

As much as I like Buzz Lightyear, I'm all for a new shooting dark ride for Disney--they have enough Toy Story stuff now.
Last edited by cfc on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:45 am.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:16 am

No problem with Tomorrowland being gone at all. I grew up with the park and I honestly would have no issue if any of the opening day attraction is gone. That Tomorrowland is sad and I’m so glad Disney is working to change it. Now please get rid of that stupid Hyperspace Mountain overlay. If they do a survey I’m fairly confident that most guests would want the Michael Giacchino soundtrack back.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!