Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

P. 74: Huge expansion! New castle, Frozen, Marvel & more!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue May 02, 2017 1:15 am

Great day today! All the expansions was approved by the HK government! Also the Frozen ride at the new Frozen area will utilize the same system as Shanghai's Pirates of the Caribbean according to a Hong Kong website.

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:22 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Also the Frozen ride at the new Frozen area will utilize the same system as Shanghai's Pirates of the Caribbean according to a Hong Kong website.

| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri May 05, 2017 11:48 am

EDIT: Oops. Wrong thread. :oops: (See: Shanghai DL)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:42 pm

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/05/frozen-marvel-and-more-coming-to-hong-kong-disneyland/

We’re excited to share that our plans for a major expansion of Hong Kong Disneyland have officially been approved by the Legislative Council of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. Starting next year through 2023, we’ll be adding world-class attractions, entertainment and themed areas to bring to life some of the very best characters and stories of the Disney brand.

Included in our expansion plans are a “Frozen“-themed area transporting guests to the kingdom of Arendelle, a new Marvel-themed area with thrilling attractions and entertainment celebrating your favorite Super Heroes, and a new entertainment venue called Moana’s Village Festival with a lively stage show.

On top of all that, we’ll be transforming Sleeping Beauty Castle to showcase new daytime and nighttime spectaculars and entertainment experiences. There’s so much to do and see, and we can’t wait to bring you along on this journey with us.

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more expansion updates from Hong Kong Disneyland.
dfn8103.png
ksjdfq8301.png
sdkjnfb3u89.png
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri May 05, 2017 5:26 pm

^ Yay they got the $$$ approved! :mickey:

tdrexplorer wrote:When it was announced, the funding was pending approval. So, it was not clear if the plans would go through. But, we now know the HK$10.9 billion expansion will move forward as the HK$5.45 billion funding proposal has been approved by the Legislative Council.

I am super impressed and looking forward to how this all turns out....eventually. :smile:
NewStuff.jpg
Planning to get back here in....2024. After a few years' shakedown of...everything! With a return to Tokyo Disney. And Universal Japan. And Bullet Train. (o:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat May 06, 2017 4:49 am

This is great news! Hong Kong Disneyland is a good park that now has the potential to become a great one.
Last edited by cfc on Sat May 06, 2017 4:50 am.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby TBpony414 » Sat May 06, 2017 12:06 pm

All of this looks great, especially Frozenland.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat May 06, 2017 6:55 pm

With HKDL and TDLR doing spectacular expansions with attractions and stuff during the next several years,
it makes me wonder what ShanghaiDLR might come up with, after Toy Story Land is built and open?

Not trying to rush things, but I am still curious. :?r

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue May 09, 2017 8:03 pm

And, I am also curious as to whether Tokyo Disney will eventually announce a timeline
of some kind, for their version of Arendelle/Frozen in Tokyo Disney Sea? Now that HKDL
...has taken the lead in the same E-themed project?

:shockr:

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby cymonster-rex » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:19 am

I am planning to go on the 25th of march next year which is a saturday. It's the only day it looks like i'll be able to make it. How busy is the park on weekends or is it worth looking maybe trying to go on a friday instead of a tour of hong kong that comes with the trip.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!