Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

P. 74: Huge expansion! New castle, Frozen, Marvel & more!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby cymonster-rex » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:23 am

I am planning to go on the 25th of march next year which is a saturday. It's the only day it looks like i'll be able to make it. How busy is the park on weekends or is it worth looking maybe trying to go on a friday instead of a tour of hong kong that comes with the trip.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:46 am

The park isn't too crowded any day. A Saturday in March would be totally fine. But if you go on Friday you can probably marathon almost everything without waiting more than 10 minutes. Where else in the world can you ride Space Mountain 7 times in an hour? ;)

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:40 am

Tomorrow will be the last day for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. Honestly, I enjoy the ride but I won't miss it too much. I hear Shanghai's version is better and what with it at all the other parks it's not like it'll be missing from the region. Hopefully, all the Hong Kong exclusives replacing it and in the future will give the park a boost after the attendance dropped. As much as I love the park for its quiet lines, it can be scarily quiet on times we've been and were shocked to find walk-ons on days we thought would be busier.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:29 am

Already said goodbye to the ride two weeks ago. Yes it is a clone and pretty much nothing is unique about it. But it would always have a special place in my heart as Buzz is the first animatronic, even the first robot I have ever seen back in 2005 and I was so amazed that I stood there for 10+ mins watching it (despite the ride being a walk-on)

Look forward to the Agents of Shield re-theme! My memories of Buzz would always be there plus Disney will most likely put a cameo of it somewhere inside of the new ride.
IMG_3586.JPG
I have never waited more than 5 mins for Buzz my entire life besides two weeks ago when the line was 35 mins long!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:47 am

A new photo of recent "ground breaking" for the next six years of new attractions, etc. has been posted on the net.
Looks like they are definitely going ahead with FrozenLAND judging from those crates, lol.

:mickey:
frozenGroundBreaking2017.jpg
That's a really nice (Really Big) flat surface to work with, there. And Toy Story Land in the background, to the right.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

The Marco Polo of Roller Coasters

Postby The Angry Darren Mullins » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:28 am

I have been to Shanghai Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo Disneysea and Hong Kong Disneyland. It may surprise many people to know that HK Disney is my favorite of the four parks. All four are nice parks, but HK Disney is nice because I can spend all day there and marathon the whole time-even on weekends. Operations are efficient-even when the park is not busy.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:12 pm

As far as a Magic Kingdom-type Disney park goes, I believe that HKDL will eventually outshine the other Magic Kingdoms.
Based on what I see of their future plans, etc. But that's why I put it as a MK, instead of all the Disney theme parks.

DisneySea still has an cinematic beauty to me, where you can still find small beautiful touches, where and when you least expect it.
And you don't have to really ride anything, to still enjoy a total experience all around you. Not that I'm not going to, ha ha.

But back to Hong Kong. Their future plans just floors me still, considering it was a small MK park in the Hong Kong mountains.
I am definitely looking forward to revisiting this one, hopefully when (most of) everything is finished and operating. :mickey:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Double Post <here> but after looking and looking at that above photo, it occurred to me that they have cleared A LOT of land there, right up to where Toy Story Land's border, is. And then I looked back at the proposed expansion "map" of the park (I put it up again, here) and there is a Big Space, between FrozenLAND and Toy Story Land...

Things that make you go hmmm... So I am playing a hunch that Toy Story Midway Mania will show up in (part of?) that "extra flat space" right between TSL and FrozenLAND. It's a too perfect location, for it not to happen, lol. And it's literally opposite (park wise) the Antman Shooter attraction taking over Buzz. But the long shot of my speculation is, we may never know of any project in that space, until everything already planned for, finishes up in....2023?

AND ~ that Marvel Attraction space for 2023 is So F-ing HUGE, it makes me wonder if they're planning to build as big an attraction (with all the same tech, incl. trackless vehicles, and Gi-normous building!) as they're building with the StarWars:GE major attraction? And totally re-theme it to Marvel? They did it with ToT, Dinosaur was done over Indy, they're doing it with Buzz, Soarin' is getting re-done everywhere, so why not another Big E-ticket attraction? From another Disney park?...

:mickey: EDIT: #BlueSkyThoughts
NewStuff09.jpg
That's a Big Space there, I'd say. (o: (o: (o: ...And, about the SIZE of that Marvel Attraction... (o;
HKDL-NewStuff06.jpg
And that IS a f-ing Big Show Building! <drool> Concept art, Marvel Attraction, 2023. (o:
(And right edge of it is Iron Man Exp. with the new AntMan right beside that,)
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:57 am.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:38 am

The Angry Darren Mullins wrote:I have been to Shanghai Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo Disneysea and Hong Kong Disneyland. It may surprise many people to know that HK Disney is my favorite of the four parks. All four are nice parks, but HK Disney is nice because I can spend all day there and marathon the whole time-even on weekends. Operations are efficient-even when the park is not busy.

I've mentioned this before, but my wife is the same. Even though she things Tokyo is the best, Hong Kong is her favorite and the one she likes to visit, especially now we have a young child. She likes that we can stroll up to a parade 10 mins before and still find a spot only a row or two back, get a photo with characters in under 15 mins, jump on 90% of the rides and grab a show, fireworks, or eat at the Corner Cafe without needing a lot of planning beforehand.

She just thinks for our son being able to walk straight up to Chip&Dale or Stitch right away and go where he wants is a great introduction to Disney before he's older for the lines and crowds of the nearby Tokyo parks.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:13 pm

I'm glad that they're continuing to improves the park. It is definitely getting a lot better then when it first opened!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!