Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

P. 74: Huge expansion! New castle, Frozen, Marvel & more!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:13 pm

^ Probably, lol. But there's still that luscious BIG section of the park, in Adventureland, right beside Indy Coaster.

There was talk of an actual Jungle Cruise in that spot. Then, an extension of this Indy into a clone of the Indy at Disneyland.

And still the land sits. Usually it's easy to see from the train, before you head into the Pirates tunnel.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:35 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ Agreed. And there is definitely space within both parks (this and Shanghai) to do it.

Maybe this is their way of keeping us anxious about such an obvious add-in, lol.

I speak from personal feelings about this. :)

Since both HK and Shanghai have extra space for another park or two on property, opening a midway mania at the other park would be a better choice because the existing rides are enough to sell toy story merchandise and a midway mania clone at the other park can sell toy story merchandise as well so that means more money for Disney.
Last edited by gerstlaueringvar on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:58 pm.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby cookiex » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:19 am

Nrthwnd wrote:Except for poor, poor Paris. :( They're late for a new attraction. Since Ratatouille.

DLP needed a fixer-upper before anything else. We should be glad for all the refurbishments they're doing.

Plus Star Tours II is coming in March.
| Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken | Battlestar Galactica (Cylon) |

Coaster count: 81

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:33 am

Masquerade wrote:So when can it be officially declared we're in another Disney theme park renaissance?

In 7 years when most of this stuff is actually done. I do look forward to "Actually, I love screens and screen based attractions now" talk though.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:34 pm

cookiex wrote:...DLP needed a fixer-upper before anything else. We should be glad for all the refurbishments they're doing.

Plus Star Tours II is coming in March.

I totally agree with this about all the refurbishments in the park going on. The whole area around (and in) Big Thunder Mountain was definitely
in need of this. And I know a make over for Star Tours is good, too. Still. I am hoping that by next year, the 25th Anniversary, they
might have a Major Announcement to make.

And now, back to our regular Hong Kong Disneyland thread... :mickey:
NewStuff05.jpg
I love it! But.....where will Sven be?

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:56 pm

azza29 wrote:Given its popularity in the other parks, I'm surprised they haven't announced a Midway Mania clone as part of this expansion. Seems strange that the two parks with dedicated Toy Story lands miss out on this ride, and have a collection of mediocre flats instead.

It's an extremely expensive ride - IIRC, the original cost Disney something in the ballpark of $80 million to develop. I'm sure each clone costs much less than that now that all the R&D is done, but it's still an investment that 1) the Studios haven't earned, and probably won't until Disney is ready to massively renovate them and b) would've been crazy to add to Hong Kong's budget when they were already developing Mystic Manor and Grizzly.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:26 pm

^ In HKDL, they've still left space for a possible TSM to be installed. But with their current schedule,
I'm sure they won't be bothering too much about it until well after all the Tomorrowland stuff is done.
And the Frozen land, too. :lover:

And at WDS in Paris, Ratatouille is only a few years old. So I didn't expect them to do anything of TSM
until all the renovations, and re-routing of the renovated tram route, etc. are finished with.

That said, it has been a while since Disney Paris got something D-E Ticket wise. Maybe in the 25th
next year, a Major Future Announcement could be made, hmm?

:mickey:

(Sorry if I seem to be repeating an earlier post. I am. (o; )

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby cookiex » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:46 pm

coasterfreak101 wrote:It's an extremely expensive ride - IIRC, the original cost Disney something in the ballpark of $80 million to develop.

That's not that high by Disney standards. Ratatouille in Paris cost twice as much IIRC.
| Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken | Battlestar Galactica (Cylon) |

Coaster count: 81

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:53 pm

^ And that was trackless technology, too. Still iffy in the cost evaluation, I'm thinking.

(Still waiting for a BIG A$$ version of the ORIGINAL "Alice In Wonderland" attraction. Trackless.)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:20 pm

The newest HKDL hotel is ready to open soon!

tdrexplorer.com wrote:Disney Explorers Lodge at Hong Kong Disneyland Opens April 30

http://tdrexplorer.com/disney-explorers-lodge-at-hong-kong-disneyland-opens-april-30/
disney-explorers-lodge-400x225@2x.jpg
With four different garden areas, too! Photo from tdrexplorer.com Thanks!
disney-explorers-lodge-lobby-400x225@2x.jpg
The Lobby. <drool>

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!