Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

P. 74: Huge expansion! New castle, Frozen, Marvel & more!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby JordyC » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:48 am

peptoabysmal wrote:
thumb_castle1_2.jpg

:lover: :lover: :lover: :lover:
That looks so damn beautiful!
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:45 am

It's good to see Disney doing more with this park. I enjoyed myself there back in 2012.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby vfire » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:27 pm

I wonder if there are other things yet to be announced. If they're taking two years to rebuild and modify the castle, maybe there will be a walkthrough or restaurant inside. Fantasyland could still use another dark ride. Adventureland needs a good ride unless they're planning to get rid of Lion King when Moana opens. From the Marvel land concept art, it looks like Jedi Training Academy will have to be moved as it's right smack dab in front of the land. Hopefully Toy Story land gets some kind of marquee attraction. But all in all, the expansion looks good. It's best to get this first gate right before starting on the second gate.

Disneyland's castle is untouchable. People have been taking pictures in front of it for over 60 years so the framing of shots for comparison over time would be completely thrown off. A major redesign of the hub would be a huge costly mess for years pushing back the entrances of the surrounding lands and attempting to widen the walkways. It would be little gain for the mess and expense. The one that does makes sense to change and would relieve congestion is Tomorrowland's awful entrance. Get ride of the rocks and push Astro Orbiter back on top of the Astro Jets platform.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby xstech25 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:38 pm

There would be no point in redoing Disneyland's castle. The hub area though, I agree that improvements definitely should be made for crowd control.

It makes sense for Hong Kong to re-do the castle because while it is a nice park, it doesn't really have an identity, and in the age of the internet it comes across as a cheap imitation. You can say Tokyo does as well but the Japanese love Disney and Americana so much that getting a clone was a viewed as a huge success for them at the time.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:47 pm

^ This also disproves the (then) notion, that ALL of the Disney castles are un-touchable.*

But there was that uh....pink thing(overlay)...back on WDW's 25th? Mmmm tasty.

And now, interestingly, another iconic building is being redone at DCA - their Tower of Terror.

Hmmm. It makes me wonder if any Space Mountain from a park, might be eventually getting a more... "futuristic" look? :wink:

*Except The Original. No deal. Ever. :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:53 pm

Given its popularity in the other parks, I'm surprised they haven't announced a Midway Mania clone as part of this expansion. Seems strange that the two parks with dedicated Toy Story lands miss out on this ride, and have a collection of mediocre flats instead.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:56 pm

^ Agreed. And there is definitely space within both parks (this and Shanghai) to do it.

Maybe this is their way of keeping us anxious about such an obvious add-in, lol.

I speak from personal feelings about this. :)

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Masquerade » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:04 pm

So when can it be officially declared we're in another Disney theme park renaissance?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:06 pm

^ When 99.9% of all of this is actually going ahead and being built. ;)

But with everything else happening around the Disney World, you may be right.

Except for poor, poor Paris. :( They're late for a new attraction. Since Ratatouille.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Masquerade » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:10 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Except for poor, poor Paris.

I feel their pain and it's hilarious.

Is EuroCOT still off the table?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!