Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

P. 74: Huge expansion! New castle, Frozen, Marvel & more!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!
User avatar
 
Posts: 19005
Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Gender: Male
Age: 64

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:54 am

kenban wrote:...Also looks like there will still be two easy expansion locations left after this work is done. There will still be a gap between Toy Story Land and Frozen, plus an area next to Grizzly Gulch.


I'd always been thinking, there was still the possibility of adding a Toy Story Midway Mania ride, there in that gap.

Anyway... :shockr: :shockr: :shockr: :omg: :omg: :omg: :lover: :lover: :lover:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Image

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!
User avatar
 
Posts: 5799
Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Gender: Male
Age: 20

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:40 pm

coasternate wrote:I wish Disneyland in California would get a nicer castle too, but I can't imagine how much that would anger the purists.... :mickey:

Disneyland is the most authentic Magic Kingdom park, it would be smart to keep it that way I think. As for other Magic Kingdom parks, get as modern and innovative as they possibly can!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"
User avatar
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Location: Northridge, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:01 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:
coasternate wrote:I wish Disneyland in California would get a nicer castle too, but I can't imagine how much that would anger the purists.... :mickey:

Disneyland is the most authentic Magic Kingdom park, it would be smart to keep it that way I think. As for other Magic Kingdom parks, get as modern and innovative as they possibly can!


I hate that argument. I would be THRILLED if Disneyland re-did the castle and hub to not make a giant clusterf*ck for fireworks and parades....

Disneyland is currently my least favorite park because it's packed way beyond it's designed capacity. Shoehorning in extra attractions doesn't help when the main walkways were never expanded.
Image

2 + 2 = donkey!
 
Posts: 471
Joined: 21 Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Age: 22

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby cookiex » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Dang that looks insane. I kinda thought Disney would leave Hong Kong by the wayside after Shanghai opened but they're really doubling down on this park. This is going to be a bucket list park if it wasn't already.

Dat new castle :lover:
| Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken | Battlestar Galactica (Cylon) |

Coaster count: 81

Nothing beats Cali coasters
User avatar
 
Posts: 2172
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Location: Ocean Beach, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 24

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby chickenbowl » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Jew wrote:
gerstlaueringvar wrote:
coasternate wrote:I wish Disneyland in California would get a nicer castle too, but I can't imagine how much that would anger the purists.... :mickey:

Disneyland is the most authentic Magic Kingdom park, it would be smart to keep it that way I think. As for other Magic Kingdom parks, get as modern and innovative as they possibly can!


I hate that argument. I would be THRILLED if Disneyland re-did the castle and hub to not make a giant clusterf*ck for fireworks and parades....

Disneyland is currently my least favorite park because it's packed way beyond it's designed capacity. Shoehorning in extra attractions doesn't help when the main walkways were never expanded.


I agree, but it's really hard when the park is centered around nostalgia. People would flip their shit if the park re-built the castle.
Image
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!
 
Posts: 615
Joined: 05 Jun 2007
Gender: Male

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby DBJ » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:02 pm

That is some very impressive concept art! The redesign of their Castle is quite impressive. Like the concept art for the Frozen section. I am not a Disneyland purist, the hub does a redesign for the crowd flow.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Location: Valencia, CA
Gender: Male

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:06 pm

chickenbowl wrote:I agree, but it's really hard when the park is centered around nostalgia. People would flip their poo-poo if the park re-built the castle.


So expand the walkways without drastically altering the castle. Start with getting rid of that monstrosity clogging up Tomorrowland's entrance.
Image

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"
User avatar
 
Posts: 10145
Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Location: Northridge, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:36 pm

People would go nuts and still gladly buy their $1000 premium pass... :lol:

Back to the topic of HKDL...glad to see this park growing into its own instead of a distant cousin of Disneyland. I can't wait to get back between all this expansion and being so close to Macau!
Image

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!
User avatar
 
Posts: 119
Joined: 10 Oct 2016
Gender: Male
Age: 29

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby wmay » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:11 pm

The Frozen area looks amazing! I've never been excited enough by what I've seen of HKDL to plan a trip there but that could definitely change once all this is done!

I for one would not be completely against doing something similar with Disneyland's castle. I get that it's a Walt original and all, but still. As it is now it doesn't look anything like the Sleeping Beauty castle in the movie anyway.
Top Parks: DisneySea. The end.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!
User avatar
 
Posts: 5799
Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Gender: Male
Age: 20

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:40 pm

I mean for Hong Kong's castle, doesn't look like they are completely rebuilding it anyway. So I guess for Disneyland's castle, they can probably add layers around the existing structure to make Walt'a original design a part of the new castle.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron