Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

P. 74: Huge expansion! New castle, Frozen, Marvel & more!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

Postby Hermanus » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:35 am

Wow, what a cool castle. With the whole expention I can only say one thing as a European: When is it finnaly Disneyland Paris's turn to get a huge expension??? Jealous!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:23 am

Frozen Marvel Frozen Marvel Frozen Marvel.

I realize Hong Kong got original attractions recently with Big Grizzly Mountain and Mystic Manor, but still. The areas and castle all look very nice though.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:22 am

Two thoughts.....
1. Moana doesn't open until tomorrow but it must be REALLY good if they're already planning a show/attraction.
2. I wonder if the the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction rumored for Epcot will be similar to what is shown in the concept art here. I know Disney likes to develop attractions to be used at more than one park when possible so there's a chance.

This all looks amazing, especially the Frozen section. I love what they did with Norway in Epcot but man this looks like it's on another level. The aquatopia looking sleigh ride looks so cool, maybe they can find a way to squeeze that into the pavillion in the future.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:29 am

Didn't another article mention that Buzz would also be going for the Marvel area? Maybe i'm reading too much into the last concept art with the shooting ant man ride but I wonder if they would just retheme Buzz for a Marvel ride than remove it. Would mean an easy conversion for some of the other parks down the line if the reaction goes well.

^ The concept art does give off a Aquatopia vibe almost but I wouldn't be too surprised if it was artistic liberties and turned out to be similar to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, but it could go either way.

Edit: It was in the article linked under the concept art:

Starting in 2018, a new Marvel-themed ride (taking the spot of a Buzz Lightyear attraction)
Last edited by Garet on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:38 am.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:59 am

Future is looking good for HK Disneyland! And it will be so funny when you're sweating you a$$ off in the insane Hong Kong summer heat while walking around Arendelle.

Oh and castle's name is "Started from the bottom now we're here"
Last edited by gerstlaueringvar on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:30 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:06 am

Garet wrote: Maybe i'm reading too much into the last concept art with the shooting ant man ride

Oh that's Antman, I totally thought it was Starlord from Guardians of the Galaxy, shows how much I know about Marvel.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:28 am

Wow, every part of this looks amazing. Between Grizzly Mountain, Mystic Manor, and all of this, I'd say HKDL is about to go from one of the worst of the Disney parks to one of the best!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:34 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Future is looking good for HK Disneyland! And it will be so funny when you're sweating you a$$ off in the insane Hong Kong summer heat while walking around Arendelle.

Yea, I always wondered why HKDL didn't have a water ride like Splash Mountain or a rapids clone when it first opened.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby kenban » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:27 am

Ant man is a replacement for Buzz. This is one of the few Marvel properties which should be able to appear at Disney World. We might end up seeing it at Disneyland or Disney World.

Also looks like there will still be two easy expansion locations left after this work is done. There will still be a gap between Toy Story Land and Frozen, plus an area next to Grizzly Gulch.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby coasternate » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:24 am

I wish Disneyland in California would get a nicer castle too, but I can't imagine how much that would anger the purists.... :mickey:
I love Disney parks and RMCs. Bay Area

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!