Liseberg Discussion Thread

Pg 272: Valkyria Construction Tour
Users viewing this topic: jonlocke and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:13 am

Glad to hear it's back open!

Banned

Postby Satoshi » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:41 am

glad to know it's back open too! yay! hope it never happens nasty
accident coz it's sort of good old ride ever i see on your 'lisebergs' pov; i love that speed! thanks Robb & Elissa. hope you'll have got more povs yeah and this site gets more fun for all thrill seekers.

Can I park my donkey here?

Liseberg announces a Screamin' Swing for 2007

Postby Casper » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:45 am

There's a short press release here (in swedish) with a rendered picture in it.

The press release doesn't say much except that it will be located in "the middle of Lisebergbanan" and it will open when the park opens on 28th april 2007. Judging from the picture it will be located on the mountain side in the middle of Lisebergbanans three helixes. The green thingies in foreground and in the background represents Lisbergbanans track.

I was hoping for another coaster, but I guess they don't have the space for that yet

EDIT: It's the 32-person model

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby mister myagi » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:53 am

I hope it's like the big swing on the point. I think it's called the skyhawk

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby TexTitan01 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:02 am

well, looks like another reason for R&E to goto liseberg again next year! :lol: I was wondering when this park would get a new little toy. It looks like it'll be a new type of screamin swing that doesnt have floors for the seats, instead it'll be more like an inverted coaster. On all the previous ones there were platforms for peoples feet.

-Tex
if life gives you lemons, squeeze them in lifes eyes and make it beg for mercy :devil:

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby exmouse » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:58 am

During a recent visit to the park I had a tour by the technical director and he said that to get another coaster they would have to remove one as they don't have the space. :cry: I like all their coasters so don't know what I'd sacrifice.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Leaf » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:25 am

Wow, that was expensive. But i wonder, i heard that the Screaming Swings make alot of noise, so won't that be a problem for Liseberg?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FLIPDUDE » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:47 am

Leaf wrote:Wow, that was expensive. But i wonder, i heard that the Screaming Swings make alot of noise, so won't that be a problem for Liseberg?

The one I was on at Knott's didn't make alot of noise if I remember correctly.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby RCfanatic » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:01 am

exmouse wrote:During a recent visit to the park I had a tour by the technical director and he said that to get another coaster they would have to remove one as they don't have the space. :cry: I like all their coasters so don't know what I'd sacrifice.

Maybe a "Mountain Glider" like the one their building in Walibi Belgium is a good idea? They just need a few places to put up the giant supports and the station, the track can fly over the rest of the park. But then again i don't know if these coasters are any good becouse they still have to get the one at WBB working. Just an idea...

(100th post yay!)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:11 am

Leaf wrote:Wow, that was expensive. But i wonder, i heard that the Screaming Swings make alot of noise, so won't that be a problem for Liseberg?

The one at Thorpe Park is really noisy...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!