Liseberg Discussion Thread

Pg 272: Valkyria Construction Tour
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Books are dumb

Re: The Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby Loefet » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:21 am

Went into Gothenburg yesterday, and hanged out on the roof of a parking garage for half an hour today to see if I could grab some shots/vids of some testing action...

But they were only doing some slow clearance checks :( on the brakes or something during the time I was there.

Still it's going to be awesome!!!

New video from above, dropping from the top this time.

Looks like it slows down quite a bit before it enters the building below, but then again it's an empty drop car at the moment, with some additional weight it will take a bit longer to slow down...

Can't wait for them to release the date for the Pressday :)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby _Joel_ » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:01 am

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:22 am

Glad to see they're using the I305/Tornado straps on some more projects!

I wonder if it brakes higher up than Drop Zone because they don't want that giant air cushion to come blasting into the building underneath?
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Norway Smells Like Farts

Postby vekoma_fan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:07 am

Does anybody know if it will be rotating like scream and the other droptowers? I hope it will

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Olov » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:09 pm

vekoma_fan wrote:Does anybody know if it will be rotating like scream and the other droptowers? I hope it will

Sorry to say that it'll not rotate on the way up.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby _Joel_ » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:13 am

I Love Donkeys!

Postby stuff2break » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:53 am

hi guys - i am going to be going to stockholm in the next few months.. I will want to visit liseberg whilst in sweden. How would i get there, i'd prefer to use public transport if possible!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:58 am

stuff2break wrote:hi guys - i am going to be going to stockholm in the next few months.. I will want to visit liseberg whilst in sweden. How would i get there, i'd prefer to use public transport if possible!

Here's a good starting point:
http://goscandinavia.about.com/od/gettingfromcitytocity/qt/stockholmgoteborg.htm
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:14 am

I will be going to the press launch for Atmosfear this Wednesday, so if anyone have any intelligent questions for the Liseberg management then post them here before Wednesday morning and I will try to get them answered!!

stuff2break wrote:hi guys - i am going to be going to stockholm in the next few months.. I will want to visit liseberg whilst in sweden. How would i get there, i'd prefer to use public transport if possible!

Easiest would be to take the train from Stockholm and Gothenburg. Go to www.sj.se to book a ticket, prices range from 95 SEK for the slow trains 4-5 hours or from 150-300 SEK for the fast trains about 3 hours. The cheap tickets are non refundable and are available 90 days before the day of travel, there is a limited amount of cheap tickets so prices will rise depending on demand and time. From the central station you could walk to Liseberg if you have the time, or take a bus, tram or taxi...

This donkey is a Know-it-All

Postby andyuk200523 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:33 am

Loefet wrote:I will be going to the press launch for Atmosfear this Wednesday, so if anyone have any intelligent questions for the Liseberg management then post them here before Wednesday morning and I will try to get them answered!!

Hi Loefet, I will be taking my first trip to Liseberg in June with the ECC, just a few questions for the management

1) Is there a reason why Atmosfear was not planned to Rotate on the way up?

2) Are there plans to remove one of the S&S Drop towers due to there now being 3 tower attractions in the park?

3) What is the official Height of the drop on Atmosfear (ie. from the maximum height of the ride car to the station) as all of the figures which have appeared online appear to be above sea level...

Hopefully these can get asked, been wondering them for a while!

Thanks!
Andrew

Not sure when next trip is, however May/June 2013 - Canada Baby!!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!