Liseberg Discussion Thread

P. 244: Removal of Kanonen after this season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby Alex1337 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:52 pm

^^^^^ Så jatte cool to read about the life of an Intamin operator! :D Thanks for sharing!

And nice to hear the ride itself is sold, I'm sad to see it going outside of Europe, was hoping for a Danish park to buy it, but hey I got the credit :P Do you by any chance know how expensive this ride was to buy as a park?? And do you know if they'll make any further improvements on it?

I agree with most of you, the launch was brilliant and very forceful, the rest of the ride kinda standard twisty layout, but a nice ride. I do like Helix, even though the launches disappointed me a lot. It still has some nice moments and interacts in a beautiful way with the mountain. Is it the greatest steel coaster in Europe - No!

Can't wait to re-visit this wonderful park in the middle of Göteborg in 2018, with Loke, Valkyria, and hopefully a heavily themed new Norse area!
Alex Poulsen, danish rollercoaster fanatic, settled in Copenhagen, pretty much born and raised in BonBon-Land.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Itachi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:04 am

^^^^^^ Awesome post, thanks for sharing! =)

I also like Helix way more than Kanonen, but it's still sad to see Kanonen go. It is really a fantastic ride with its powerful launch and its compact lay-out. Great to hear that another park bought it though.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Stagwther » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:16 am

THANKS FOR SHARING! this "inside operator work" Really enjoy to reading this kind of stuff :b
When i was a kid,i was to short to go on Gröna Lunds Zierer flying carpet-but the operator let me inside to look at all the control buttons etc..i will never forget that..and i think my themepark/coasters/flatrides interest start to grow this afternoon when i was 5 years old there :roll:
Nowadays I go no further, but i can be in a park for a whole day just for the atmosphere .All technology, how it works, etc. is just as fun for me. I get very easily panic attacks just me standing in the queue to some ride unfortunately, but enjoy the view and se other have fun! Therefore, it was very funny for me to read about how the Kanonen works,

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby lond » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:09 pm

Short update: there is not much left of Kanonen to be dismantled.
Bild00001.jpg
Almost a complete rollercoaster

Bild00002.jpg
Not much left

We now have to wait for a park to announce that they will have a new attraction for next year.......

/// Marcus
On Quest for the Holy G Force
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:40 pm

Wow they've wasted no time deconstructing Kanonen. Can't wait to see where this goes, my guess is somewhere in Europe but who knows...
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Pear » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:54 pm

^
Scandinaviour wrote:So what happens with Kanonen now? Well, it is sold and the new location will be outside Europe. I will not say where, it will be revealed when the time is right...
The best coaster is Boulder Dash

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:00 pm

^ ;)
Playland-PNE01.png
:P :P :P
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:16 pm

Pear wrote:^
Scandinaviour wrote:So what happens with Kanonen now? Well, it is sold and the new location will be outside Europe. I will not say where, it will be revealed when the time is right...

Whoops haha, well this is interesting!!
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Scandinaviour » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:00 am

Thanks everyone for the positive comments about my backstory of Kanonen :) Fun to hear that you found it interesting.

Alex1337 wrote:^^^^^ Så jatte cool to read about the life of an Intamin operator! :D Thanks for sharing!

And nice to hear the ride itself is sold, I'm sad to see it going outside of Europe, was hoping for a Danish park to buy it, but hey I got the credit :P Do you by any chance know how expensive this ride was to buy as a park?? And do you know if they'll make any further improvements on it?

I think that the new park will say how much they paid for it when they reveal the building-plans for the public. But when Liseberg built Kanonen in 2005, the price was 50 000 000 kronor, (ca €5 000 000) and that is around €6 000 000 in today's value.
I do not have any information about improvements, but I think the new park has to build some new supports. Kanonen was partly built on the roof of a house. So some supports are quite short, and some are quite long. Which means that it is impossible to build it just on a flat ground.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Alex1337 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:42 pm

Thank you for the answer! :-)

I think you're right about the supports, it might be almost impossible to re-use them in a new park. I still hope they will spend some money on the new generation Intamin trains, dunno if it's even possible with that kinda launch, but just a thought :D
Alex Poulsen, danish rollercoaster fanatic, settled in Copenhagen, pretty much born and raised in BonBon-Land.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!