Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 650 - The Joker Wild Card announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:59 pm

Another question for you guys; does anybody have experience and/or insight into how the park handles rain? Getting a little nervous about my weekend trip here because of flash flood warnings through tomorrow night, then Friday night is forecasting a 50% chance and Saturday an 80% chance. Does the park close entire park/major attractions in a sprinkle a la Great Adventure, or do they try and keep ops going?

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby ALT2870 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:46 pm

xVicesAndVirtues wrote:Another question for you guys; does anybody have experience and/or insight into how the park handles rain? Getting a little nervous about my weekend trip here because of flash flood warnings through tomorrow night, then Friday night is forecasting a 50% chance and Saturday an 80% chance. Does the park close entire park/major attractions in a sprinkle a la Great Adventure, or do they try and keep ops going?

See middle of page 655. ;)

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:13 am

^Thank you!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:44 am

Does Fiesta Texas have a tendency to rehab coasters in the early months? Google searching "Fiesta Texas rehab schedule" just brought up a bunch of addiction centers. I may be down in San Antonio in early February and was curious.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Postby coasterbill » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:09 am

This is their first year-round season so this is going to be our first glimpse into how they do that as they previously just did it during their brief offseason. Hopefully they actually post a rehab schedule but generally Six Flags just rehabs things with no warning whatsoever.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:27 am

Oh I thought they had been yearround longer than that. I'm also keeping wind and low temperatures in mind that time of year. I know they don't get New England levels of cold, but I've seen TRs mention Superman needs to be in the 50s.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325

Postby bert425 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:15 am

^ nope. . year round starts "officially" after FrightFest.

mostly just Sat/Sun, but there seem to be quite a few weekends where Friday is included as well. So they do have 4-5 days between weekends on what used to be the "off season" to work on stuff.

as Bill notes? Six Flags tends to just pull things down for rehab without any notice.

that said: Roadrunner was down most of 2018, so doubt that will come down again for rehab for a while.
Iron Rattler has been down several times (for days long issues) multiple times, as has Wonder Woman. . so those likely will be fine (ie: no rehab in early 2019)

if anything was gonna get shut down for rehab? I'd guess likely Goliath - since it's right at the front of the park, and gets pretty good ridership.

and it's Texas. . rare that it will get cold enough to shut anything down. Wind is another story, but cold? very rare.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:29 am

Thanks! The two RMCs are the two I'm most interested in reriding, so that's good to know. I guess we'll see what Six Flags does.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby shoesfather » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:16 pm

Do all the rides run during Holiday in the park? Really hoping for at the very least Iron Rattler and Wonder Woman.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Meangreen16 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:52 pm

shoesfather wrote:Do all the rides run during Holiday in the park? Really hoping for at the very least Iron Rattler and Wonder Woman.

For the most part, all the rides seem to stay open during HiP. Poltergeist and Superman are weather depending. Iron Rattler turns into another kind of beast during HiP!
Enjoy the shows

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!