Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 650 - The Joker Wild Card announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby VinTheAttendant » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:06 pm

Hi guys! Next Saturday I'm going to be making my first trip to SFFT. I'm aware that it's a Saturday and it's Fright Fest, so I'm already planning on going for Flash Pass Platinum for my visit. I'm just curious if anyone has had experience with the crowd levels on Columbus Day weekend? I'm not terribly concerned with crowds, and even arriving at the park an hour after opening I'll still have 12.5 hours to ride everything; I was just wondering if I should be anticipating a sea of people or not. Regardless, I'm looking forward to this park, I've read many great trip reports that have come out of it.
"Lazer Snake Horse On Fire looks too intense for me"

Click here to join me on my adventures around the world!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:22 pm

in my experience, crowds are really hit or miss. tho now that the Waterpark section is closed for the season, everyone will be in the rest of the park (if you go on a hot day in the summer, the waterpark pulls a lot of the crowd during the afternoon heat)

but I will note for you that Poltergeist almost never opens with the park (something to do with the launch system needing time to warm up. . or something like that). . . so keep an eye on it over there ~2 hours after park open, and if you see it going, head over. They've been operating with only 1 train, so waits can get long. (tho if you're doing Flash Pass, it does dump you right into the station to bypass the line).

Hopefully you have better luck with Iron Rattler. .it was down all last weekend, but maybe will be open for you. They seem to shut it down for any wind, due to concerns about vallying, but it's a great coaster.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby VinTheAttendant » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:51 pm

^Thanks a lot for the advice! I'll be hitting ZDT's in the morning, so rides not available at opening shouldn't be a problem. Fingers crossed that Iron Rattler pulls through.
"Lazer Snake Horse On Fire looks too intense for me"

Click here to join me on my adventures around the world!

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:36 pm

For all of you who are more familiar with SFFT... Maybe you can answer my question. We have been planning for a while to head down to the park this weekend to check out Golden Shower Coaster, and all the other great things the park has to offer! However, looking at the forecast it looks like it's going to be an AWFUL weekend to be there:

safa.png

Yeah, yuck.

So since we can't reschedule our trip... What is the parks rain policy like? Do they take more of a Cedar Point approach and shut everything down in the slightest drizzle, or do they take more of a BGW approach and still run everything in hurricane style rain?

With the forecast looking like it does, would it even be worth going to the park (assuming the rain would keep most peeps away) or would we be better off finding something else to do in town, and not waste our time??
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

Postby bert425 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:46 pm

in my experience, the only things that will shut down in light rain are Poltergeist, the log flume, and Batman (S&S freespin).

a bigger concern is any wind. . will shut down Poltergeist, Iron Rattler, Scream, and skyscreamer. . .and because Fiesta is in a quarry, sometimes it can seem not too windy, but it is windy within the park.

that said, that's just MY experiences. . I'd go regardless, and think the rain chance will keep most of the crowds away.

:)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby whiteferrett » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:52 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote:For all of you who are more familiar with SFFT... Maybe you can answer my question. We have been planning for a while to head down to the park this weekend to check out Golden Shower Coaster, and all the other great things the park has to offer! However, looking at the forecast it looks like it's going to be an AWFUL weekend to be there:

safa.png

Yeah, yuck.

So since we can't reschedule our trip... What is the parks rain policy like? Do they take more of a Cedar Point approach and shut everything down in the slightest drizzle, or do they take more of a BGW approach and still run everything in hurricane style rain?

With the forecast looking like it does, would it even be worth going to the park (assuming the rain would keep most peeps away) or would we be better off finding something else to do in town, and not waste our time??

So in my experience... 40% chance means that you will have a great day without many crowds and Manbey like a 10 to 50 min shower... Also if you look up the forecast for the fiesta texas it is showing Friday as clear for the entire afternoon

Postby coasterbill » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:58 am

Accuweather is calling for 1-2 hours of rain on Saturday and none on Sunday (though other weather sites disagree). It may not be too bad.

bert425 wrote:a bigger concern is any wind. . will shut down Poltergeist, Iron Rattler, Scream, and skyscreamer. . .and because Fiesta is in a quarry, sometimes it can seem not too windy, but it is windy within the park.

Yeah, Fiesta Texas has the most unimaginably asinine wind policy on earth. Those green, yellow and red lights in the stations are super stupid and wind shutdowns often only last 5 minutes.

When we were there they would usually get a red light, empty the train, send the empty train during the brief period of high winds giving it the best possible chance to valley (in theory, though the temperature pretty much guaranteed that nothing would valley that day), then by the time it came back the light would usually be green again and they'd load the next train.

Also, it was 105 degrees and the rides had been running for about 9 straight hours. Even the empties hauled despite the "high winds" and at that point they probably wouldn't have valleyed if they encountered a hurricane force headwind.

Fiesta Texas makes Cedar Point's wind policy seem reasonable.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:41 am

^, ^^, and ^^^

Thank you all for the feedback! Looks like we are still going to give the park a go, and just make the best of it! :)

Hopefully we can score at least one ride on Golden Shower Coaster to see if it's as amazing as everyone makes it out to be! :airtimer: :airtimer:
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

Postby bert425 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:37 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:^, ^^, and ^^^

Thank you all for the feedback! Looks like we are still going to give the park a go, and just make the best of it! :)

Hopefully we can score at least one ride on Golden Shower Coaster to see if it's as amazing as everyone makes it out to be! :airtimer: :airtimer:

Have fun. . gonna miss you by a week (we'll be back on Sat 10/13).

if you do FlashPass (which I think you always do, right?).. you'll get lots of rides on Wonder Woman. .it's great!

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:16 pm

bert425 wrote:Have fun. . gonna miss you by a week (we'll be back on Sat 10/13).

Damn! We should have timed it a bit better so we could have been there at the same time.

bert425 wrote:if you do FlashPass (which I think you always do, right?).. you'll get lots of rides on Wonder Woman. .it's great!

For as long as I can remember we have always gotten a FlashPass, and we have always bought them before we head to the park. But this time we are taking a different approach... Given that the weather is going to be pretty sketchy looking we are going to wait till we get to the park to see if we will even need them! :shockr:

So excited for Wonder Woman! I can't wait! And my partner is a HUGE fan of the freespins, so I'm looking forward to him getting to enjoy Batman! (We are also going to hit up SFOT on Monday evening, so hopefully this is going to be a great trip!)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!