Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 650 - The Joker Wild Card announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:57 am

Taylor Finn wrote:Well, I didn’t know where to throw this. Looking at the memberships and have a few questions.

1. The Gold Plus membership would include admission to all the Six Flags parks with parking at all of them?

2. Do I need to activate it at the park I buy it for first/by a certain date? We don’t know for sure where we will be first next year.

3. Why would it be $5/year cheaper for Fiesta Texas Gold Plus vs. Over Texas if they’re including all the parks?

Thanks for the help! I tried to read some fine print and was most interested about Q #2.

1. Yes, that's correct.

2. Yes, must be activated at the park you buy it for, and your benefits (other than parking and admission) will be only at that park. Normally there aren't time restrictions, but there may be if you're buying at a special price. If it's not listed in the fine print, likely just activate it within 1 year of purchase (the contract duration)

3. The benefits are only at the park you buy it for, like bring a friend tickets and discount coupons and such. Also, most people only buy a pass to their local park, so they're priced to be competitive in that market. Small market parks like St. Louis and America tend to be cheaper than big market parks like Magic Mountain.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:42 am

Cool addition.
I went to this park for the first time last year, and was surprised at how nicely themed it was (and it was clean), and the ride selection was surprisingly good.
Really liked the Roadrunner Express (before I even knew that it was one of Alan Schilke's early designs), LOVED iron Rattler, really, really enjoyed Superman and others.

(Sadly Poltergeist was closed, but I heard it's fun.)

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:44 am

Great addition for SFFT, I like that SF is going all in on these Giant Discoveries. I just rode Crazanity at SFMM and it really lived up to the hype. I've been on similar swinging pendulum rides before, but nothing that has come close to the size and speed of these 170ft models. There is some great airtime at the apex of the swing and then you get a freefall sensation on the downswing--and the downswing is crazy fast! Seriously, you guys will love this ride.
Coaster Count: 209 Last Coaster: Hangtime
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

Postby bert425 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:02 pm

well. . they sucked me back in. . . LOL

I'm $270 poorer, but we now have 2019 Gold Passes (including parking at all parks), both have dining plan, and I added Picture Plan (it was only $20 more!). Grrrrr for "service fee" on top of taxes, since printing the dang things out myself. . but yep, the ride announcement was all the impetus I needed to pull the trigger on Season Pass renewal.

I wish we went often enough, or nick was thrill-seeker enough that we would benefit from Memberships. . but honestly? Season Passes work just fine for what we do at the park. so happy they are still offering them for 2019.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Houston Thrills » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:35 pm

Houston Thrills wrote:
John Peck wrote:Looks great and a perfect replacement for the Frisbee that was removed a couple of years ago. One bit of curiosity... I see a wave swinger, still... is that being rethemed or slightly moved?

It's probably getting a retheme to fit in with the new DC Universe area.

Just as a follow up, the park confirmed tonight that it's getting a retheme to Crime Wave.

Postby bert425 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Houston Thrills wrote:
Houston Thrills wrote:
John Peck wrote:Looks great and a perfect replacement for the Frisbee that was removed a couple of years ago. One bit of curiosity... I see a wave swinger, still... is that being rethemed or slightly moved?

It's probably getting a retheme to fit in with the new DC Universe area.

Just as a follow up, the park confirmed tonight that it's getting a retheme to Crime Wave.

that's WONDERFUL. . as I loved the one at SFoG. . such a great theming
IMG_4476.JPG
Gotham City Crime Wave at SFoG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby bert425 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:30 pm

and so they are being very careful with words, to tease. (Whirligig: GONE!)

so I wonder if Rockville really IS staying as they said?

I mean, they announced an update of Hustler (tho not necessarily a re-theme).

and both Batman and Wonder Woman have entrances on the main street in Rockville.. . so I gotta wonder if they are going to retheme the majority of Current Rockville (the main street) as either Gotham or Metropolis, and tie it into the new DC section.

maybe just keep Scream, Huslter and Rockville High theater and keep calling that small section Rockville?

hmmmm

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Houston Thrills » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:37 pm

bert425 wrote:and so they are being very careful with words, to tease. (Whirligig: GONE!)

and both Batman and Wonder Woman have entrances on the main street in Rockville.. . so I gotta wonder if they are going to retheme the majority of Current Rockville (the main street) as either Gotham or Metropolis, and tie it into the new DC section.

maybe just keep Scream, Huslter and Rockville High theater and keep calling that small section Rockville?

hmmmm

Everything from Rockville High to SKC will be part of DC Universe. Rockville will go from the train tracks to Hustler.

Postby bert425 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:53 pm

Houston Thrills wrote:
bert425 wrote:and so they are being very careful with words, to tease. (Whirligig: GONE!)

hmmmm

Everything from Rockville High to SKC will be part of DC Universe. Rockville will go from the train tracks to Hustler.

so pretty much what I guessed then. :)

weird that it means Poltergeist is gonna remain odd thing out then. . . haunted plantation in Rockville.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby whiteferrett » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:40 pm

bert425 wrote:
Houston Thrills wrote:

hmmmm

so pretty much what I guessed then. :)

weird that it means Poltergeist is gonna remain odd thing out then. . . haunted plantation in Rockville.
IMG_20180830_190628.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!