Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 650 - The Joker Wild Card announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:06 am

^ I know you can only take so much from artwork, but it looks exactly like the giant discoveries they've already opened. Maybe it was because the "giant discovery" like New England's is only 140 ft tall so this counts as a different model name technically?
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:15 am

Well, both this one, and the new one going into SFGAdv, are marketed as being "17 stories high", which means in the 170 foot range, I believe. I'm just curious if the one at GAdv is actually a little higher, or if they're basically the exact same thing.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:33 am

Looks great and a perfect replacement for the Frisbee that was removed a couple of years ago. One bit of curiosity... I see a wave swinger, still... is that being rethemed or slightly moved?

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Suspence1127 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:20 am

LiftThrill wrote:YES! I love these things and am really excited to be getting one.

I wonder if it's a different model than a Giant Discovery since Jeffrey said it wouldn't be a Giant Discovery? Or was he just trolling?

The model going to this park and Great Adventure, as well as the one at Magic Mountain are technically called Giga Discoveries, since they are all 170ft tall instead of 140. That may be what he was saying.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby JRice92 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:29 am

Six Flags is killing it with the additions this year! I wasn’t following the rumors of Fiesta Texas very closely but a Giant Discovery is an awesome addition to any park! This in a back to back year with Wonder Woman plus the announcement of year-round operation here just keeps on improving this park!
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn
2018 Ride Supervisor - Top Thrill Dragster

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:31 am

Damn, they are going all in on the Giant/Giga Discoveries this year. Not a bad thing! They're my favorite flats and I'd be happy if there was one of these at every park everywhere. An excellent addition to an already excellent park!
That coaster dad [316] and that coaster kiddo [175]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Twisted Timbers.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby fiestatexasfan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:38 am

The press release mentions a new DC universe will be coming also.
1. New Texas Giant 2.Iron Rattler

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Loco » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:50 am

Honestly I’m pumped! I love these things and they’re an impressive flat ride. I was hoping we would get one after riding the one at SFDK.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:03 am

Any ideas as to where this ride will be placed?
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby whiteferrett » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:05 am

DILinator wrote:Well, both this one, and the new one going into SFGAdv, are marketed as being "17 stories high", which means in the 170 foot range, I believe. I'm just curious if the one at GAdv is actually a little higher, or if they're basically the exact same thing.

In the press release they said ours is the tallest and fastest

Six Flags Fiesta Texas, the Thrill Capital of South Texas, will debut the tallest and fastest spinning pendulum ride in the world. Named after the world’s most iconic Super Villain, The Joker Wild Card delivers a unique brand of chaotic, dizzying fun for extreme thrill-
seekers. Towering a record-breaking 17-stories tall, this impressive giant disk will reach speeds up to 80 miles per hour as it whips back and forth, and higher and higher, to give riders a spectacular view of the world below them. The Joker Wild Card will become the centerpiece of a newly themed DC Universe area. The park is also announcing year-round operation, adding winter weekends and holidays to its regular operating season.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!