Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 650 - The Joker Wild Card announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby fiestatexasfan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:00 pm

Sven20 wrote:Thinking of doing a relatively last minute trip possibly to SFFT next week. Any idea what it's normally like? Should expect the park to be jammed with last thrill of the summer park goers before schools start back or is it very light?

From my experience last year around that time on a Tuesday, it was the slowest I’ve seen it. I’ll be going this week and I’ll try to report back to you on the crowds.
1. New Texas Giant 2.Iron Rattler

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Houston Thrills » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Sven20 wrote:Dark Ride with a space theme. They were one of the upper tier SF parks that never got a Justice League.

There's a pirate themed dark ride opening this year (Scooby Doo retheme).

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:40 am

Sven20 wrote:Thinking of doing a relatively last minute trip possibly to SFFT next week. Any idea what it's normally like? Should expect the park to be jammed with last thrill of the summer park goers before schools start back or is it very light?

Which day are you going? You should be fine, especially if you can go during the week. The weekend right before school starts was very busy last year but I think there are still a few weeks before.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby whiteferrett » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:05 am

fiestatexasfan wrote:

From my experience last year around that time on a Tuesday, it was the slowest I’ve seen it. I’ll be going this week and I’ll try to report back to you on the crowds.

Went yesterday and the park was not bad but more busy than some of the days I've been this summer... Do not go on a Saturday... I repeat... Do not go on a Saturday

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:27 am

Mondays all summer have been BAFF, avoid Mondays. Saturdays have your typical weekend crowds.

To maximize fun, go on any day that's not Monday or Saturday.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ChemFan589 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 am

I was wondering about crowds as well. I'm taking my fiance on a trip to Texas for her birthday and we're going to do SFFT for a day. I'm planning on the Wednesday the week following schools going back. Should I still anticipate purchasing the Flash Pass? I have never used one before and am not entirely clear on the different levels (gold, platinum, etc.). I'm so excited to take her since neither of us have ever been to the park before! I'm sure it goes without saying that we should be also bring a bathing suit, too? ;)

Postby LiftThrill » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:58 pm

If it's a Wednesday and there's no BAFF, then don't worry about Flash Pass unless you get there and it's slammed for some reason. It'll be dead enough to do whatever, unless you want to marathon Wonder Woman. The waterpark is quite fun and there's a good amount of things to do there, so if you like water parks then that's definitely something to check out.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ChemFan589 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:46 pm

Thanks for the tip! By the way, it took me a little too long to figure out what BAFF stood for :lmao: I double checked and it shouldn’t be going on during my visit. I’m so stoked to check out Iron Rattler, Wonder Woman, and Batman!

Postby LiftThrill » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:45 am

If you're in the area and want to check out another fun place, ZDT's is an hour away from SFFT and their "last 3 hours" unlimited wristband is only $15. Switchback is a seriously solid coaster, the go karts are pretty fun, and generally the whole little place is a really fun way to kill a few hours. (Last 3 hours arcade is probably one of the best deals I've ever seen on any arcade ever)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:49 am

I should also mention that if going late in the day doesn't fit your schedule, they gladly sold us $5 tickets just to ride Switchback even though that wasn't advertised on their website. Your mileage may vary on that though.

LiftThrill wrote:If it's a Wednesday and there's no BAFF, then don't worry about Flash Pass unless you get there and it's slammed for some reason. It'll be dead enough to do whatever, unless you want to marathon Wonder Woman. The waterpark is quite fun and there's a good amount of things to do there, so if you like water parks then that's definitely something to check out.

Is Wonder Woman off of single use now? When we were there in June you could only reserve it one time on all levels with a Flash Pass.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!