Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 568 - Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby 11slataus » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:51 pm

^ Even RMC might have a hard time making that section of the ride interesting. The ride's so slow there even without the trims. Still, might be a good spot for a low-to-the-ground roll or some switchbacks!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby theonetheonlyJT » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:54 pm

^ Over banked triple helix anyone?
Signature, I don't need no stinking signature!

The playground is where I spend most of my days

Postby UrbanLegend » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:06 pm

^ Wooden launch into an overbanked triple helix?
-Did you just say you have the right to be an attorney?
-Well, everyone has the right to be an attorney, if they want to.

I make music: https://tigercastle.bandcamp.com

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby ArizonaGuy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:11 pm

^^
Thats what I was thinking with footers being left intact....maybe not a launch into another triple helix but possibly a single or double overbanked helix that will lead into a new layout. After that first drop an an overbanked fan curve, a launch wouldn't be necessary.

It's nice to see they're moving fast in removing the old structure. I'm sure aside from doing a reprofile on the first drop and fan curve, the middle part of the ride and end of the ride are going to be all new.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby texcoaster » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:41 pm

The helix didn't go 5mph in the opening season when the first drop was still all the way to the bottom...
It was never speedy, mind you, but it wasn't the snore-gasm it became after the first drop got neutered.

I always thought that it could've been really good if they kept the first drop and took the top layer of the helix off, dropping right into the middle layer.

Of course, if RMC wants to jazz it up and do something that will challenge SDC's OutRun for "most anticipated coaster", that would be OK, too!

Postby ArizonaGuy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:51 pm

texcoaster wrote:The helix didn't go 5mph in the opening season when the first drop was still all the way to the bottom...
It was never speedy, mind you, but it wasn't the snore-gasm it became after the first drop got neutered.

I always thought that it could've been really good if they kept the first drop and took the top layer of the helix off, dropping right into the middle layer.

Of course, if RMC wants to jazz it up and do something that will challenge SDC's OutRun for "most anticipated coaster", that would be OK, too!

^^
I agree. Even after the first drop was brought down a little from the top and up a little from the bottom, there was still quite a bit of speed going into the helix. We can all blame the trim brake going into the helix for the boringly slow helix experience. SFFT trimmed the entrance into the helix over the years and there were several times I rode the Rattler in the mid to late 90's and early 2000's where the trim entering the helix felt almost nonexistant and the train would fly through the helix. Although very exciting, it was quite a violent ride....especially when you hit the trim coming out of the helix right before the second drop.

I hope Six Flags is gonna go all the way with this coaster. This is a huge opportunity to gain some popularity back.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Sammy* » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Im curious, since this coaster its known for its rattling like affect, and if they are doing an iron horse steel track conversion, will that be a conflict?

Postby ArizonaGuy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:39 pm

Sammy* wrote:Im curious, since this coaster its known for its rattling like affect, and if they are doing an iron horse steel track conversion, will that be a conflict?

The Rattler is just know as the Rattler because it's the Rattler. What "rattling" like affect are you talking about??? The Rattler's name just comes from rattlesnakes being native to that area before all of that area was even developed.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby The Yeti » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm most excited to see what they're going to do with the drop. Looking at the drop from when the ride first opened, it would be awesome to see the drop extended if it is still possible. Maybe, like NTAG, they will even make the first hill taller so that it could have more speed going through the rest of the ride - but I'm sure new topper track/Iron Horse track would do enough to improve the speed.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby narkitty » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:49 am

What are some potentially crazy ideas/hopes you guys have for this coaster? My husband and I came up with the idea of having mist in the tunnel, no lights, and having some sort of speakers to play the sound of tons of rattlers. I think it would be awesome, lol. I'd also love to see an inversion, but who wouldn't? :)

Coaster Count: 60 (48 Steel, 7 Wood)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!