Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 568 - Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Vonni » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Superbatboy wrote:They're gettin her done mighty quickly

Man, that is so pretty!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Airboss » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Hey! I already posted in the SFOT thread, but was wondering if you guys could offer any additional advice. I'm going to SFOT on the 26th and SFFT the 27th (of December). Any advice on how to avoid the inevitable crowds? I've already been to Fiesta Texas, but it was a few years ago & the place was practically empty. I plan on getting the flash pass this time if necessary, but I'm not sure how crowded parks such as the Texas ones get, given that they are open all year, versus my home park, which is barely open half the year. Can anyone offer advice as to how to navigate through the parks? Do you think a flash pass would be necessary?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dombot » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:40 pm

I don't think it should be legal to have this in the same park as Iron Rattler. :lmao:
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Personally, what's really making the look of it all work for me, is that cliff background.

Not many parks have that "natural theming" to use with any of their rides or coasters.

:)

This is still, one of the Six Flags parks, I would love to visit!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:48 pm

Dombot wrote:I don't think it should be legal to have this in the same park as Iron Rattler. :lmao:

What's even crazier is that, technically speaking, this park will have 3 RMC-built coasters, since Batman's track is RMC track.

But even if you don't count that, two RMCs is still awesome, and the only park that can "kinda" compare is Kentucky Kingdom since Lightning Run is so much like an RMC in itself. I really hope these rides start popping up around both Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks, assuming Railblazer and WW are both successful.
Credits: 170
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @west.coast.thrills

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:26 pm

A local station is reporting that the park will be removing the Scooby Doo dark ride. The article mentions a different dark ride will be coming in the future to replace it.

Link

I did really like the Scooby Doo ride during my visit, so it's a shame to see it go. I'm guessing a Justice League ride may be on the way instead based on the chain's recent history.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Top 5 Parks- Knoebels, Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Dollywood

Postby bert425 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:33 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:A local station is reporting that the park will be removing the Scooby Doo dark ride. The article mentions a different dark ride will be coming in the future to replace it.

Link

I did really like the Scooby Doo ride during my visit, so it's a shame to see it go. I'm guessing a Justice League ride may be on the way instead based on the chain's recent history.

hmm. .considering the location on the boardwalk, it doesn't make sense for JL (tho I COULD see them converting Rockville High, into Hall of Justice, and putting it there, since it's right next to Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman.. . so all that would need a retheme is Hustler (into something Harley Quinn) and Scream (into Scarecrow's terror tower) and you have a Gotham City layover.

just thinking outloud, don't know anything.

I'm not sure I believe Scooby is going anywhere tho. . I mean, we just rode it yesterday, and pretty much ALL the targets and gags are working well (why upkeep a ride that's going away?). . and it seems to be a popular ride on the boardwalk.

guess we'll see.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:41 pm

I'll take a Scooby ride any day--I'm not a "fan" of the characters, but the rides are right up my alley.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:44 pm

“The current location will become the future home to the latest dark ride innovation later in 2018.”

Sounds a lot like the marketing verbiage used for Justice League dark rides.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

I love donkeys more than me.

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:38 pm

Feels weird having two identical dark rides in the same state if that's the route they go, but maybe we'll be surprised. Yes, I know they're a few hours apart (even with the 85 mph speed limit) and even with the folks it probably shares from the Waco/Temple/Kileen/Austin areas not many people would notice. But the lack of anything substantive (sorry ZDT) between makes me think it would be more apparent there than even the Chicago/St. Louis crossovers.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!