TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT), this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

December 6th, 2006 - SFFT to get Tony Hawk Big Spin in 2007 (SEE BELOW!)

March 10th, 2007 - Tony Hawk Big Spin opens

September 27th, 2007 - Batman: The Ride from SFNO to become Goliath at SFFT

September 15th, 2008 - Wiggles World announced for 2009

February 8th, 2010 - Park announced new shows for 2010

March, 2011 - Rocky Mountain treatment unveiled for Rattler

March 6th, 2011 - Wiggles World rethemed as Kidzopolis

June 30th, 2011 - Fireworks ban affects Lone Star Nights show

September 1st, 2011 - Skyscreamer coming to the park in 2012!

July 9th, 2012 - Word spreading that August 5th will be the last day to ride Rattler in its current state before getting Rocky Mountain Corporation's "Iron Horse" makeover

August 23rd, 2012 - Possibly a Barrel Roll for the "IRON" Rattler

August 30th, 2012 - Iron Rattler Officially Announced!

October 25th, 2012 - Iron Rattler construction photos

December 28th, 2012 - Construction update from inside the park

February 1st, 2014 - Awesome Iron Rattler Construction update!

Feb 28th, 2014 - Iron Rattler Trains!

March 2nd, 2013 - Iron Rattler back stage tour photos

August 29th, 2013 - Bahama Blaster waterslides announced

June 5th, 2014 - Bahama Blaster opens

July 18th, 2014 - Park starts dropping hints about 2015

August 28th, 2014 - Batman The Ride (S&S 4D Free Spin) coming to SFFT in 2015

November 18, 2014 - Batman the Ride (S&S 4D Free Spin) Ride Vehicle unveiled!

December 22nd, 2014 - Batman 4D Construction Tour

February 22nd, 2015 - SFFT to add Soaring Eagle zipline running over Superman: Krypton Coaster

March 1st, 2015 - Batman construction tour

May 14th, 2015 - Batman Media Day Coverage

September 3rd, 2015 - 3 new rides in Boardwalk area for 2016: Fireball, Spinsanity (Tilt-a-Whirl) and Hurricane Force5 (Disk-o)

September 1st, 2016 - Thunder Rapids, a watercoaster for Hurricane Harbor, is announced

August 3rd, 2017 - Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster coming in 2018

August 30th, 2018 - The Joker's Wild Card (swinging pendulum)announced for 2019

August 29th, 2019 - Dare Devil Flying Machines announced for 2020

January 18th, 2021 - Mardi Gras Festival 2021 details announced!

TONY HAWK’S BIG SPIN’ IS COMING TO SIX FLAGS FIESTA TEXAS! PARK’ S NEW FAMILY COASTER WILL HAVE RIDERS WHIRLING IN ‘07!

Dec. 6, 2006 – Six Flags Fiesta Texas announced today a new family-style attraction planned for 2007 that will leave riders spinning with delight. The new addition, Tony Hawk’s Big Spin, defies gravity just like Tony Hawk does with acrobatic spins on his skateboard; this coaster takes the spin to a whole new level as it takes the traditional roller coaster experience of lifts, drops and turns, and throws in a whole new twist.

Available to park guests when Fiesta Texas re-opens in March of 2007, Tony Hawk’s Big Spin will be visually impressive, designed to appear as a giant red-and-black skatepark. The ride offers a full extreme sports experience, with monitors in the queue lines displaying highlights of the history of action sports; a large spinning Tony Hawk figure crowning the ride; and Tony Hawk’s Big Spin merchandise available at the ride exit.

“When Tony Hawk appeared here at Six Flags Fiesta Texas last July, his amazing talents made quite an impression on our guests,” said Martin Bozer, vice-president/general manager of Six Flags Fiesta Texas. “We’re delighted that soon we’ll be able to offer a sampling of those thrills everyday with a new family inclusive coaster, Tony Hawk’s Big Spin.”

“After receiving such a great response to our Boom Boom HuckJam Tour at several Six Flags parks earlier this year, I’m honored and excited to be part of this opportunity. On the Big Spin, riders will be able to experience their own spinning aerial moves whenever they choose,” added skateboarding legend Tony Hawk.

Riding Tony Hawk’s Big Spin, four people will sit facing each other in the coaster car as it travels up, down, and around the breathtaking curves of the quarter-mile track – all while spinning its riders round and round! The spinning coaster cars allow each ride to take on a totally different experience depending on the weight distribution of the passengers in the car.

Families with younger children will find the ride’s height requirement especially enticing. Tony Hawk’s Big Spin is suitable for kids who are at least 42” tall to ride with an accompanying adult, while kids 47” and taller can ride by themselves.

With an exciting theme inspired by skateboarding’s most dynamic star and standing at about 53-feet high, Tony Hawk’s Big Spin is a sight to see with a black base that contrasts dramatically with the dynamic red coaster tracks.

Tony Hawk’s Big Spin will sit at the far end of the Fiesta Bay Boardwalk area, a portion of which is currently closed off in anticipation for this thrilling ride.

In addition to this brand new spinning coaster, a fresh new look is in the works for the Fiesta Bay Boardwalk including all new planks for the boardwalk’s deck and a convenient and tasty new dining option.

SFFT_TonyHawk_04.jpg.7a693d08e478b5763b2315b7dec43b06.jpg

SFFT_TonyHawk_02.jpg.90ee58b188e85c00bcc9badc023256ca.jpg

SFFT_TonyHawk_01.jpg.e5d9bb848de5520a52217e171f00a738.jpg

^^^^Hooray, I'm going to travel to a SFFT just to wait 2 hours for a new clone I can ride in my homestate, yay :rolleyes:! The funny thing is that I was supossed to ride MSP, but it broke down, and I went in 2005, its opening year. All I can say is that Sharpio sucks.

All I can say is that Sharpio sucks.

Umm, yeah why? He added a family ride for a family oriented park. Just cause it's a clone means nothing, it's a great addition for this park. Granted the name and theme is quite retarded since it'll be dated once Tony Hawk's resurgence is done .. oh wait ... it already is.

Hell I'll be a whore too if someone wants to pay me millions of dollars to use my name, i'm the whore you want I don't care if it's on a tampoon box endorsement slut i will be.

I see nothing wrong with Tony Hawk i've always wanted to ride him anyways lol j/k he's a cool dude and a good role model to kids this is a family ride so it's works IMO. Now if they would of named it Lindsay Lohan's 4am drunken party whore The ride, or Kevin Federlines spend Brits money till your head spin The Ride then I'd have a few problems lol.

Also about this being a clone or almost a clone give me a break it's a family ride, it's cheap, fun, and comming from a company 2+ billion in debt and looking to sell parks. Just be glad any park in the SF chain is getting anything even if it's a simi clone/or clone family coaster.

Talking about hypers lol that's funny, there probably won't be anything MAJOR in the SF chain for a long time. There is people out there that want their 2+ billion dollars back.....like now! The era of building major coasters likes those wonderful B&Ms and Intamins on borrowed money is over for SF

ok back to the Tony Hawk coaster, now that I think of it, why didn't they put in atleast one of those half pipe elements? That's one of the best elements on these coasters and they left it out. Also I hope those Tony Hawks that's in the layout pic above is not going to be actual cardboard cut outs on the ride like it shows in that picture, IMO that looks cheap and horrible lol.

It looks very cool. When i heard this announced on Screamscape, i thought it would be one of those Vekoma Big Air thingos. But, no, its one of these.

Its going to look pretty cool. Themed and all, but its going to be cloned, at parctically every other smaller Six Flags park.

^That's okay, at least it's supporting Robb!

I was about to say. You shouldn't bash Tony too much, his games are pretty much the main reason Activision is still a big player IMO. 8 straight games that have sold at least 500,000 right?

Anyway I think it is better than Mr 6. Mr. Hawk is a bigger hero than Batman to most teenagers nowadays. so it makes sense.

JEFF

wow new ride for 2007 at SFFT it's kinda we're gonna be skateboard

guys 'n it's gotta make you happy! too bad SFFT does not have

got lotsa themeings 'round every rides than SFMM does though.....

seriously are you retarded?

SFFT is most likely the best themed Six Flags park, granted much was USAA/Gaylord and not Six Flags, but Six Flags has actually kept the themeing somewhat superb.

• Like 1

A few thoughts here.

First, regarding the coaster, who were the design wizards that thought this one up? Seriously. Were they not allowed to watch any skateboarding footage at all? I don't consider myself an extreme sports expert by any means, but I think they missed a golden opportunity with this one. This may only make sense to some of you, but shouldn't the coaster have been dropping in to a massive half pipe off the lift hill? And considering Tony's signature 900 move, wouldn't a huge vertical 90 degree moment, a la Dragon's Fury, have made more sense?

Don't get me wrong, I love the thought behind the theming, and this will definitely be a winner for the park, but man, what a missed opportunity to make it really kick arse.

Now onto Mr. Hawk. A whore? If so, then every professional athlete and everyone in Hollywood fits that description as well. Heck, I wish my name alone paid my bills. And as someone else eluded to earlier, I can think of much worse "role models" to endorse stuff...*cough* T.O. cough* Barry Bonds *cough* Britney Spears*cough*. Believe me, Tony Hawk should go after every advertising dollar he can. If he and his manager were really smart, he'd start looking into sponsoring pain killer meds. It may seem grand to be Tony Hawk now, but ask him how it feels in 10-20 years. The abuse he's put on that body is gonna start catching up real soon.

Scott "I need some of that Tony Hawk cough syrup now" B.

• Like 1

^I don't know what to call my favorite part of Dragon's Fury, I call it a Big Horseshoe. (I think it might be the same as the "90 degree" moment you reference)

It should be mandatory on all spinning coasters even if aren't the same height as Dragon's Fury. It is such a fun element.