Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 568 - Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!
 
Posts: 190
Joined: 12 Dec 2015
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby WolfBobs » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:03 pm

I'm about to be one of THOSE enthusiasts! :) Tomorrow is going to be my first ever visit to the park. Only have Friday as it's a pit
stop on the way to a wedding. So that said, how are the typical Friday night crowds this time of year? Any helpful tips? I'll be at the park solo and should be there open to close. Also, do they have limited ride availability similar to Point? Thanks in advance!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2059
Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Location: Houston, Texas
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:09 pm

WolfBobs wrote:I'm about to be one of THOSE enthusiasts! :) Tomorrow is going to be my first ever visit to the park. Only have Friday as it's a pit
stop on the way to a wedding. So that said, how are the typical Friday night crowds this time of year? Any helpful tips? I'll be at the park solo and should be there open to close. Also, do they have limited ride availability similar to Point? Thanks in advance!


Try to get there right at opening if you can. I think they open at 5 tomorrow. Ever since SFFT has gone FREE with the houses during Fright Fest, there extremely busy. Maybe you will get lucky. All rides are open at this time of the year.
Image

This B&M donkey is so smooth!
 
Posts: 137
Joined: 13 May 2015
Location: Toronto
Gender: Male
Age: 42

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Married a Canadian » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:48 am

We have a trip to Texas planned for December (San-Antonio, Galveston ((cruise) and Houston).

Part of the attraction of going to San Antonio obviously is going to Six Flags Fiesta. Given that I am one of those Northern types that isn't used to a park being open year round, I have a couple of questions and also looking for any good advice for the time of year.

I am looking at the first weekend of December, and the first thing that struck me was the park hours....opening in the afternoon. I was curious as to the reason why they don't open in the morning....is it a temperature thing, amount of daylight, festivals in December?
Anyway...whatever the reason, is the park considered "busy" at this time of year. I normally always include Flash pass as part of my budgeting, but would this be a time of year to wait and see on arrival or would it be best to be buy in advance? I am hoping that it is not a downtime for a ton of ride maintenance (especially as I would like to try the Rattler, Batman and Superman), but what will be will be.

I won't be renting a car whilst in San Antonio, I have checked online and it seems that public transport is reliable out to the park, but I would appreciate if anyone on this forum could confirm that.

Apart from that, if anyone could tell me where they think the best BBQ is in San Antonio.

Thanking you.
Top 10 1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Apollo's Chariot 4 Skyrush 5 Maverick 6 Leviathan (front row) 7 Millenium Force
8 YOLOcoaster 9 Manta 10 Saw The ride 11 Mako

I think Intamin should make a donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 161
Joined: 17 Apr 2017
Location: Somewhere in the world
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby fiestatexasfan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:59 am

Married a Canadian wrote:We have a trip to Texas planned for December (San-Antonio, Galveston ((cruise) and Houston).

Part of the attraction of going to San Antonio obviously is going to Six Flags Fiesta. Given that I am one of those Northern types that isn't used to a park being open year round, I have a couple of questions and also looking for any good advice for the time of year.

I am looking at the first weekend of December, and the first thing that struck me was the park hours....opening in the afternoon. I was curious as to the reason why they don't open in the morning....is it a temperature thing, amount of daylight, festivals in December?
Anyway...whatever the reason, is the park considered "busy" at this time of year. I normally always include Flash pass as part of my budgeting, but would this be a time of year to wait and see on arrival or would it be best to be buy in advance? I am hoping that it is not a downtime for a ton of ride maintenance (especially as I would like to try the Rattler, Batman and Superman), but what will be will be.

I won't be renting a car whilst in San Antonio, I have checked online and it seems that public transport is reliable out to the park, but I would appreciate if anyone on this forum could confirm that.

Apart from that, if anyone could tell me where they think the best BBQ is in San Antonio.

Thanking you.

Wait and see on flash pass. Also check the wind before you go.
1. New Texas Giant 2.Iron Rattler
Last park visited- Six Flags Fiesta Texas (7-18-17)
-Last roller coaster ridden- Roadrunner Express (7-18-17)
-Last flat ride ridden- Spinsanity (7-18-17)
-Last water park ride ridden- Thunder rapids (7-18-17)

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4901
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Location: Western NY
Gender: Male
Age: 46

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:27 am

^^ It looks like there have been some restaurants around the SA area posted in our Good Eating Near Theme Parks thread. I also seem to recall some of our TPR members mentioning good BBQ around that area. I believe Larry (aka larrygator) has a trip report out there with regards to BBQ joints in the South and Midwest.

Have fun!

Link
Image

I just swallowed a whole donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 728
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Location: Queens, NY
Gender: Male
Age: 37

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:17 am

Married a Canadian wrote:We have a trip to Texas planned for December (San-Antonio, Galveston ((cruise) and Houston).

Part of the attraction of going to San Antonio obviously is going to Six Flags Fiesta. Given that I am one of those Northern types that isn't used to a park being open year round, I have a couple of questions and also looking for any good advice for the time of year.

I am looking at the first weekend of December, and the first thing that struck me was the park hours....opening in the afternoon. I was curious as to the reason why they don't open in the morning....is it a temperature thing, amount of daylight, festivals in December?

I believe all of the Six Flags parks that run a Holiday In The Park schedule all do the afternoon to evening schedule only. Up here at Great Adventure it's 1 to 9 PM every day of the HITP season. Most likely for staffing issues.
That coaster dad [273] and that coaster kiddo [154]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: El Toro. Lightning Rod. Goliath (SFGAm). Wicked Cyclone. Thunderbolt (LP).

I teach at the school of donkey!
 
Posts: 314
Joined: 20 Jun 2014
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby ALT2870 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:22 pm

Anyone know why the park is open November 4th? (A Saturday.) Will be in the area and was thinking of going for the day.
Image

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"
User avatar
 
Posts: 478
Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Location: Florida
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby bgtlover » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:26 pm

ALT2870 wrote:Anyone know why the park is open November 4th? (A Saturday.) Will be in the area and was thinking of going for the day.

Because they're scheduled to be?
I believe they are closed that Sunday because of a private event. They are open the following weekend and they begin Holiday In The Park on the 18th.
Current Coaster Count: 87
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

This B&M donkey is so smooth!
 
Posts: 137
Joined: 13 May 2015
Location: Toronto
Gender: Male
Age: 42

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Married a Canadian » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:25 am

I appreciate the advice from people. Thank you.

We are looking forward to the trip, hoping to take in SeaWorld also (my son is intrigued by the new jet ski rescue coaster), and then when we get to Galveston, have a look at the pier.

Also check the wind before you go


I will assume this is because that some rides don't open if the winds are too strong?? If so, that is fair enough. I'll decide on Flash pass on the day we arrive.
Top 10 1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Apollo's Chariot 4 Skyrush 5 Maverick 6 Leviathan (front row) 7 Millenium Force
8 YOLOcoaster 9 Manta 10 Saw The ride 11 Mako

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?
User avatar
 
Posts: 147
Joined: 19 Feb 2005
Location: Bedford, TX
Gender: Male
Age: 41

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby bigboy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:11 am

bgtlover wrote:
ALT2870 wrote:Anyone know why the park is open November 4th? (A Saturday.) Will be in the area and was thinking of going for the day.

Because they're scheduled to be?
I believe they are closed that Sunday because of a private event. They are open the following weekend and they begin Holiday In The Park on the 18th.


When Jim Reid Anderson returned as CEO, he challenged all of the parks to find ways to increase revenue. That's why the Texas parks added days that weren't occupied by buy outs in November and whey they extended the season until January 7th.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron