Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 568 - Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Coaster for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”
User avatar
 
Posts: 329
Joined: 25 May 2015
Location: Knoxville, TN
Gender: Male
Age: 35

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby mordecai-75 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:49 pm

A thought to lower capacity issues would be to just go ahead and make it another "first" by making it the only roller coaster that is an up-charge attraction for Six Flags. Alot of people can't be bothered with the thought of paying 10 to 20 bucks more for a ride after paying admission. It would keep wait times much more tolerable, and put more dough in the Six Flag pocket. It's not beneath them to try to get every dollar they can regardless how it makes them look, so why not?

Donkeys are my way of life!
User avatar
 
Posts: 517
Joined: 23 Oct 2014
Location: Vegas
Gender: Male
Age: 40

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby VegasBaby » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:55 pm

mordecai-75 wrote:A thought to lower capacity issues would be to just go ahead and make it another "first" by making it the only roller coaster that is an up-charge attraction for Six Flags. Alot of people can't be bothered with the thought of paying 10 to 20 bucks more for a ride after paying admission. It would keep wait times much more tolerable, and put more dough in the Six Flag pocket. It's not beneath them to try to get every dollar they can regardless how it makes them look, so why not?


This is a beyond terrible idea, please no.
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 20 Jul 2017
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby pauliemills4 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:43 am

mordecai-75 wrote:A thought to lower capacity issues would be to just go ahead and make it another "first" by making it the only roller coaster that is an up-charge attraction for Six Flags. Alot of people can't be bothered with the thought of paying 10 to 20 bucks more for a ride after paying admission. It would keep wait times much more tolerable, and put more dough in the Six Flag pocket. It's not beneath them to try to get every dollar they can regardless how it makes them look, so why not?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 20 Jul 2017
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby pauliemills4 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:52 am

mordecai-75 wrote:A thought to lower capacity issues would be to just go ahead and make it another "first" by making it the only roller coaster that is an up-charge attraction for Six Flags. Alot of people can't be bothered with the thought of paying 10 to 20 bucks more for a ride after paying admission. It would keep wait times much more tolerable, and put more dough in the Six Flag pocket. It's not beneath them to try to get every dollar they can regardless how it makes them look, so why not?


Actually that said first in North America or record breaker, not first in six flags, but if your talking about adding that on to the 5 okay then, but I wouldn't be proud to announce first in six flags for a roller coaster to charge you money, that will just make them lose more money a lot people are going to the park next year to ride the first raptor, which will bring admissions into park up, unless people have season passes but I'm sure more people are going to buy season passes next year for 2018 should be a great year for coasters so they still earning money and people they bring into the park will earn money from food so doesn't matter if they have a season pass anyway, also you may pull in cedar fair people in less California great America is rumor to get one but if they are closer to fiesta Texas and don't have cedar fair season pass they will probably go to fiesta texas, charging for that rollercoaster won't make them get profit, bringing in the admission and more people there buying food trying to ride this coaster will bring the money up, can t really be a first for six flags, there are attractions that charge money, so they would have to market it as first roller coaster to charge in six flags, but good point for the lowering the capacity but just any smart idea.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 214
Joined: 27 Jun 2009
Location: United Arab Emirates
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterFEV » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:01 am

pauliemills4 wrote:Actually that said first in North America or record breaker, not first in six flags, but if your talking about adding that on to the 5 okay then, but I wouldn't be proud to announce first in six flags for a roller coaster to charge you money, that will just make them lose more money a lot people are going to the park next year to ride the first raptor, which will bring admissions into park up, unless people have season passes but I'm sure more people are going to buy season passes next year for 2018 should be a great year for coasters so they still earning money and people they bring into the park will earn money from food so doesn't matter if they have a season pass anyway, also you may pull in cedar fair people in less California great America is rumor to get one but if they are closer to fiesta Texas and don't have cedar fair season pass they will probably go to fiesta texas, charging for that rollercoaster won't make them get profit, bringing in the admission and more people there buying food trying to ride this coaster will bring the money up, can t really be a first for six flags, there are attractions that charge money, so they would have to market it as first roller coaster to charge in six flags, but good point for the lowering the capacity but just any smart idea.


My head hurts just reading that post. Holy crap!

Speaking of record breakers, I think we have a new winner for "longest run-on sentence"
Image

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey
User avatar
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Location: San Jose
Gender: Male
Age: 38

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby laqueefa » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:21 am

pauliemills4 wrote:Actually that said first in North America or record breaker, not first in six flags, but if your talking about adding that on to the 5 okay then, but I wouldn't be proud to announce first in six flags for a roller coaster to charge you money, that will just make them lose more money a lot people are going to the park next year to ride the first raptor, which will bring admissions into park up, unless people have season passes but I'm sure more people are going to buy season passes next year for 2018 should be a great year for coasters so they still earning money and people they bring into the park will earn money from food so doesn't matter if they have a season pass anyway, also you may pull in cedar fair people in less California great America is rumor to get one but if they are closer to fiesta Texas and don't have cedar fair season pass they will probably go to fiesta texas, charging for that rollercoaster won't make them get profit, bringing in the admission and more people there buying food trying to ride this coaster will bring the money up, can t really be a first for six flags, there are attractions that charge money, so they would have to market it as first roller coaster to charge in six flags, but good point for the lowering the capacity but just any smart idea.


Image
Tigga, please!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
 
Posts: 212
Joined: 18 Jan 2017
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby EliHorton » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:11 am

CoasterFEV wrote:
pauliemills4 wrote:Actually that said first in North America or record breaker, not first in six flags, but if your talking about adding that on to the 5 okay then, but I wouldn't be proud to announce first in six flags for a roller coaster to charge you money, that will just make them lose more money a lot people are going to the park next year to ride the first raptor, which will bring admissions into park up, unless people have season passes but I'm sure more people are going to buy season passes next year for 2018 should be a great year for coasters so they still earning money and people they bring into the park will earn money from food so doesn't matter if they have a season pass anyway, also you may pull in cedar fair people in less California great America is rumor to get one but if they are closer to fiesta Texas and don't have cedar fair season pass they will probably go to fiesta texas, charging for that rollercoaster won't make them get profit, bringing in the admission and more people there buying food trying to ride this coaster will bring the money up, can t really be a first for six flags, there are attractions that charge money, so they would have to market it as first roller coaster to charge in six flags, but good point for the lowering the capacity but just any smart idea.


My head hurts just reading that post. Holy crap!

Speaking of record breakers, I think we have a new winner for "longest run-on sentence"

:nina: :nina: :nina:

I think Intamin should make a donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 159
Joined: 17 Apr 2017
Location: Somewhere in the world
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby fiestatexasfan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:36 am

pauliemills4 wrote:Its a terrible idea and they will lose money.

I fixed it for everyone.
1. New Texas Giant 2.Iron Rattler
Last park visited- Six Flags Fiesta Texas (7-18-17)
-Last roller coaster ridden- Roadrunner Express (7-18-17)
-Last flat ride ridden- Spinsanity (7-18-17)
-Last water park ride ridden- Thunder rapids (7-18-17)

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3649
Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Shelby Twp, Mi
Gender: Male
Age: 44

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillrider » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:00 pm

So it looks like this hurricane will impact six flags(and seaworld). Weather channel says lots of flooding in the area, and power outages. Have not seen an update from either park, so I assume they are in a standby mode to see what this storm does.
Image
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2354
Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Location: Austin, Tx
Gender: Male
Age: 50

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:25 pm

thrillrider wrote:So it looks like this hurricane will impact six flags(and seaworld). Weather channel says lots of flooding in the area, and power outages. Have not seen an update from either park, so I assume they are in a standby mode to see what this storm does.


as I mentioned in other threads, San Antonio often floods.

so yeah, they are gonna get flooded this weekend.

but no sustained heavy rain yet. . it's supposed to hit overnight and start pouring for a few days straight.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron