TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I'm really intrigued to see how good this overlay is. This seemed to be a very under the radar addition. But considering the park already got Wonder Woman this year, anything else is just gravy.

they still haven't opened up the Carousel in it's new location yet either (at least I don't think so). . I'd assume it's not going to be called "Americagoround" now that's it in the German section, next to Sangerfest Hall. . but who knows.

when we were there on 5/5, they still had not yet even poured the slab yet.

I'm really intrigued to see how good this overlay is. This seemed to be a very under the radar addition. But considering the park already got Wonder Woman this year, anything else is just gravy.

they still haven't opened up the Carousel in it's new location yet either (at least I don't think so). . I'd assume it's not going to be called "Americagoround" now that's it in the German section, next to Sangerfest Hall. . but who knows.

It's already on the map as Grand Carousel. Neither the carousel nor the new dark ride are going to be open for Memorial Day Weekend.

Here are some recent photos of construction. I think they will have both rides open by June.

E6C674A6-6A97-4A25-9C4A-2894E0A25896.thumb.jpeg.da98cabf4ab8dcd75c928c858c5a68ab.jpeg

Making the old dark ride pretty

F43EEE16-2880-4871-87ED-4367970529F3.jpeg.ce5254a2339dc05d791877c3214a33e7.jpeg

Where the carousel is going.

Edited by Mrlittle

^ it's a shame it's taking so long, since I'd think it only takes pouring the slab, and plopping it down (it's been in 2 other locations within the park, so it's not like they've never relocated it).

in late Feb, they had already blocked off the outdoor seating and had started prepping the site, so I'm sad it's taking so long to reopen it.

yes, "I am bert, and I love Carousels"

This weekend they have been digging trenches for the slab and they ran electric over there last weekend

Here are some recent photos of construction. I think they will have both rides open by June.

I took a peek in the door for the pirates and they still have all the Scooby Doo theming on the inside and they have a bunch of the carousel animals in the old cue lines

123_1.thumb.jpeg.c5c4b6ce077c8d637e8387ce6452607e.jpeg

I was working this week near San Antonio. So after work I drove a little over an hour to got to SFFT for the purpose of riding Wonder Woman. They have 3 trains (8 passengers per train), but only using one at 5pm. That train had 2 inop seats, so a maximum of 6 people per train not 8. I waited 1 1/4 hours to get on. It was after 6 (closing time), so that was my only ride. I don't like it! I find the OTSR's uncomfortable, and the ride tries to do too much in a small space. I should've ridden Supe or I.R. which I love and no lines at all.

Personally, I'm not impressed with this RMC monorail coaster. If I get another chance tomorrow to go back I won't ride WWLOT. It's not for me.

Edited by coasternut

I was working this week near San Antonio. So after work I drove a little over an hour to got to SFFT for the purpose of riding Wonder Woman. They have 3 trains (8 passengers per train), but only using one at 5pm. That train had 2 inop seats, so a maximum of 6 people per train not 8. I waited 1 1/4 hours to get on. It was after 6 (closing time), so that was my only ride. I don't like it! I find the OTSR's uncomfortable, and the ride tries to do too much in a small space. I should've ridden Supe or I.R. which I love and no lines at all.

Personally, I'm not impressed with this RMC monorail coaster. If I get another change tomorrow to go back I won't ride WWLOT. It's not for me.

They have been having alot of trouble with the trains for wwglc, they had it shut down from park open untill about 1 today (Tuesday)... My advice for anyone wanting to ride it is ethier flash pass it or get there right when the park opens because if you wait in line for it there is a very good chance for a delay

Personally, I'm not impressed with this RMC monorail coaster. If I get another change tomorrow to go back I won't ride WWLOT. It's not for me.

to each their own, I suppose, but I think it is absolutely phenomenal (despite the odd seating style).

prefer it in back seat, but loved it in front and middle too.

I'm being stupid and visiting the park tomorrow on Memorial Day Weekend. I'm doing a quick business trip, and Saturday is my only free day. Oh well, I reserved my Flash Pass, so that should help.

I'm being stupid and visiting the park tomorrow on Memorial Day Weekend. I'm doing a quick business trip, and Saturday is my only free day. Oh well, I reserved my Flash Pass, so that should help.

if you must visit on a weekend (and cant make it a Sunday.. seriously, Sunday mornings are gloriously light). . . I'd recommend getting there at opening.

the park will stay fairly light until ~11:30, then get absolutely PACKED.

in the heat of the afternoon, the waterpark will draw away a lot of folks (supposed to be in the high 90's this weekend. . almost 100 on Sat). . but you should get a bit of time of light waits for rides in the morning, and then after 5pm.

have fun.

Went yesterday from 7 until closing. Everything except WW was a walk-on, with a 3 train wait for the front of IRat. WW was about an hour line, but it broke down for ten minutes, which emptied a good chunk of the queue, so the wait ended up being around 45 minutes (2 train ops). The back row of WW is mindblowingly insane. The ride in that seat is absolutely more intense than Maverick with some ridiculous sustained ejector air over the predrop, first drop, the dive loop, and pretty much every element that wasn't a banked turn. It took a while afterwards to process what had just happened.

Rode Superman in the front in pitch black, as well as IRat near the back. Poltergeist had no line for any row. Fun times.

WW is up there, y'all.

^The way you described Wonder Woman makes me so excited to ride Railblazer this July. I hope Six Flags (and even Cedar Fair tbh) clone the crap outta these things. PLEASE become the new Boomerang! lol

yep.

here's how I described it back on May 6th:

it's absolutely freaking insane, they are promoting it as the fastest ride in the park, and I believe it. No trims at all. Absolutely bonkers in the best way possible.

the back seat is attempting to kill you, whipping you over the 1st drop and the midcourse drop, with violent air-time that pushed me up (hard) against the shoulder belts. LOVED it.

the front seat is also attempting to kill you, with a free-fall that about 1/2 way down feels like someone slammed a large anvil on your back to force you down faster.

the middle seats (row 5), shook me around more than the front or back did, but was still a very good ride.

Looks like I'm headed to SA for work in a few weeks and I am going to extend my trip so I can visit SFFT. I've never been to the park before, so I'm pumped to check out WW and finally ride IRat. I plan on getting a Flash Pass but I just want to make sure that WW is on the Flash Pass. Has anyone gone recently with a Flash Pass that can answer if WW is on it and if there are any restrictions? I plan on doing all the coasters plus the drop tower and Sky Screamer. If there's any other worthwhile flats, please let me know. I'd also appreciate any tips on food and anything else to have a great visit to the park.

During the membership preview weekend, they had the signage for Flash Pass and a separate queue set up. So unless something changed, they had every intention of putting Flash Pass on it. That being said, I could see them restricting it to one ride or Platinum only if they copy what some of their other parks have done.

Looks like I'm headed to SA for work in a few weeks and I am going to extend my trip so I can visit SFFT. I've never been to the park before, so I'm pumped to check out WW and finally ride IRat. I plan on getting a Flash Pass but I just want to make sure that WW is on the Flash Pass. Has anyone gone recently with a Flash Pass that can answer if WW is on it and if there are any restrictions? I plan on doing all the coasters plus the drop tower and Sky Screamer. If there's any other worthwhile flats, please let me know. I'd also appreciate any tips on food and anything else to have a great visit to the park.

Yes wwglc is on the flashpass but I think they are limiting it to one ride only per day

Sounds like not only did the horses for the carousel get repainted but they may have fixed up the bang organ too. And we still got the Pirate dark ride coming. This has been a great year for Fiesta Texas. (seeing this carousel go up reminds me of my old job in the industry)

423D086D-CEB9-43F8-A531-0F7DAD48A63F.thumb.jpeg.9959b56c0b6adaf2771bb649e56d6474.jpeg

Concrete for a carousel

2C439E13-A361-4835-ABE8-C9E0DE1AB824.thumb.jpeg.8cb92884edb2c2560aabae2e95d47b2a.jpeg

B950A323-E2D0-4F85-934E-0B667703AF70.thumb.jpeg.4982c16d5e78878c45b6b5761308feab.jpeg

BFC2C0C7-0842-4801-9436-EC9E1817526A.thumb.jpeg.abb5377a6788a08ba122fbc0bd6722d6.jpeg

^^ ditto.

glad to see them moving on getting the install in, and the repainting looks great.

as wiped as I am from my trip to Niagara Falls (we just got back an hour or so ago), there's a chance I might be headed to Fiesta tomorrow. . have to see how I'm feeling.

very interested in taking a look myself too