Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 619 - Wonder Woman Golden Lasso Official POV!
Users viewing this topic: WOFanatic and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby thedlr » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:13 pm

^ Indeed. Just didn't want to get anyone's hopes too high.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Sportsdude360 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:18 pm

Good to see this bad boy nearing it's opening!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:23 am

Well the fact that this weekend is membership holders only will accelerate how soon I get a membership.

I had previously budgeted for a flash pass but I will probably be ysing that to make sure I don't miss Wonder Woman. I think I read I can get refunded a prorated amount of Bugs Bucks for my season pass, but I reached out to the park to check.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Top 5 Parks- Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Knoebels, Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland
Most Recent Trip Report- Six Flags Fiesta Texas

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:14 am

I think the POV is coming out this morning. I’m thinking about going during the season pass preview. It’s still going to be a lot of people but I’m hoping with school still going, it won’t be as bad.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Location: Outside Six Flags Great America Waiting For Opening Day

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:32 am

bert425 wrote:
thedlr wrote:So, apparently May 12 is the official date.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh5FGI3Fx_l/

don't miss this part:

with special opportunities to ride for pass holders leading up to this date!

:)

Yep just saw on the parks FB page that April 29th is preview day for memberships(only). The season pass/memberships(again) preview day(s) seems to be the following weekend.

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:51 am

Can't wait to hear feedback from riders. Been excited about raptor since the day the concept was released.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Superbatboy wrote:Can't wait to hear feedback from riders. Been excited about raptor since the day the concept was released.

You've been excited for Raptor since September 1, 1993?! Yet you still haven't heard feedback about it?? Well, I can tell you that it's an AMAZING coaster!! Super intense... It literally makes your legs go numb!! You should totally get up to Cedar Point and check it out!! You won't regret it!
Bigger is not always better.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:40 pm

Planning a trip to the San Antonio metro for the second weekend in June. Does it make sense to do Seaworld on Saturday, then SF on Sunday? I'm just assuming the crowds could be slightly more manageable that way. Is that a correct assumption here?

I'm also planning on rolling through ZDT's on Friday night. I assume a couple hours there that evening will be enough to get a few rides on the coaster.

I'm stoked to see the park for the first time, but dreading the wait for Wonder Woman. I'm sure it will be hours long that weekend since it's one of the first major weekends of summer and not long after the ride's opening. Hopefully it takes the heat off of IRat at least.

Postby bert425 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:50 pm

Shavethewhales wrote:Planning a trip to the San Antonio metro for the second weekend in June. Does it make sense to do Seaworld on Saturday, then SF on Sunday? I'm just assuming the crowds could be slightly more manageable that way. Is that a correct assumption here?

I'm also planning on rolling through ZDT's on Friday night. I assume a couple hours there that evening will be enough to get a few rides on the coaster.

I'm stoked to see the park for the first time, but dreading the wait for Wonder Woman. I'm sure it will be hours long that weekend since it's one of the first major weekends of summer and not long after the ride's opening. Hopefully it takes the heat off of IRat at least.

from my experiences, Sea World in SA never really has much waits for the rides. . . folks go there for the Waterpark portion (used to be included, but I think Aquatica is separate admission charge now), and to see the animals (the San Antonio park is also HUGE. . so expect a lot of walking to get from exhibit to exhibit).
So in my opinion, Sat or Sun won't make any difference for Sea World.

But I'd trust someone who goes there regularly over me, as i only go every couple of years.

as for Fiesta, Tx. . on Sundays, the crowds seem to come in the afternoon, so mornings always seem to be less crowded. In June, the waterpark (which is also a HUGE draw in the park, and is free - as it is an included land), is open daily, so you might be surprised on the lack of crowd elsewhere in the park (unless waterpark hits capacity, which does happen, and then they go to 1 out, 1 in).

Summer in Texas :).

So although Wonder Woman is a big unknown (I agree, it's gonna have long lines tho), the only rides at Fiesta that consistently seem to have long waits? the Log Flume, Gully Washer (rapids), Iron Rattler, and Poltergeist (due to 1 train operations usually).
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:42 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
Superbatboy wrote:Can't wait to hear feedback from riders. Been excited about raptor since the day the concept was released.

You've been excited for Raptor since September 1, 1993?! Yet you still haven't heard feedback about it?? Well, I can tell you that it's an AMAZING coaster!! Super intense... It literally makes your legs go numb!! You should totally get up to Cedar Point and check it out!! You won't regret it!

You try so hard, 'A' for effort. Execution though...
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!