TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I love the minimal theming in the station... At least they are trying. Also, the trains look awesome!!

But let's be honest... If it were any other coaster everyone would be b!tching about the "Over The Shoulder Harness" or the "Unnecessary Straps."

But let's be honest... If it were any other coaster everyone would be b!tching about the "Over The Shoulder Harness" or the "Unnecessary Straps."

This is the correct take.

I'm reserving judgement on the straps until I experience them myself. But to tell you the truth, I haven't had great experiences with the B&M or S&S vests so I'm not exactly excited for these.

Hey, at least there's no shin guards on these!

So no conveyor-belt moving floor thing, then?

I'm wondering if we aren't seeing it in the pic?

as of a couple of weeks ago, they were talking about "testing out the conveyor system" in the load station. . . so, like y'all, I took that to mean a conveyor belt type load. . .

so either we were all mistaken, or it's just not visible in that picture?

I'm reserving judgement on the straps until I experience them myself. But to tell you the truth, I haven't had great experiences with the B&M or S&S vests so I'm not exactly excited for these.

Hey, at least there's no shin guards on these!

Honestly if this thing runs as fast as it looks, those straps may even be necessary a la Intimidator 305 or Maverick.

I definitely have to consider planning a Texas Parks Tour in the future (2020; 2021?) - before I can't ride

(or not allowed to ride, See: My Doctor) them anymore, LOL!

So no conveyor-belt moving floor thing, then?

Not the floor, just the train. There's been videos of the installers testing the conveyor system, it looks cool!

For some reason I envisioned the conveyor belt floor like on the Ultra Twisters/Cobras Curse/etc.

Well the fact that this weekend is membership holders only will accelerate how soon I get a membership.

I had previously budgeted for a flash pass but I will probably be ysing that to make sure I don't miss Wonder Woman. I think I read I can get refunded a prorated amount of Bugs Bucks for my season pass, but I reached out to the park to check.

I think the POV is coming out this morning. I’m thinking about going during the season pass preview. It’s still going to be a lot of people but I’m hoping with school still going, it won’t be as bad.

So, apparently May 12 is the official date.

don't miss this part:

with special opportunities to ride for pass holders leading up to this date!

Yep just saw on the parks FB page that April 29th is preview day for memberships(only). The season pass/memberships(again) preview day(s) seems to be the following weekend.

Can't wait to hear feedback from riders. Been excited about raptor since the day the concept was released.

You've been excited for Raptor since September 1, 1993?! Yet you still haven't heard feedback about it?? Well, I can tell you that it's an AMAZING coaster!! Super intense... It literally makes your legs go numb!! You should totally get up to Cedar Point and check it out!! You won't regret it!

Planning a trip to the San Antonio metro for the second weekend in June. Does it make sense to do Seaworld on Saturday, then SF on Sunday? I'm just assuming the crowds could be slightly more manageable that way. Is that a correct assumption here?

I'm also planning on rolling through ZDT's on Friday night. I assume a couple hours there that evening will be enough to get a few rides on the coaster.

I'm stoked to see the park for the first time, but dreading the wait for Wonder Woman. I'm sure it will be hours long that weekend since it's one of the first major weekends of summer and not long after the ride's opening. Hopefully it takes the heat off of IRat at least.

Planning a trip to the San Antonio metro for the second weekend in June. Does it make sense to do Seaworld on Saturday, then SF on Sunday? I'm just assuming the crowds could be slightly more manageable that way. Is that a correct assumption here?

I'm also planning on rolling through ZDT's on Friday night. I assume a couple hours there that evening will be enough to get a few rides on the coaster.

I'm stoked to see the park for the first time, but dreading the wait for Wonder Woman. I'm sure it will be hours long that weekend since it's one of the first major weekends of summer and not long after the ride's opening. Hopefully it takes the heat off of IRat at least.

from my experiences, Sea World in SA never really has much waits for the rides. . . folks go there for the Waterpark portion (used to be included, but I think Aquatica is separate admission charge now), and to see the animals (the San Antonio park is also HUGE. . so expect a lot of walking to get from exhibit to exhibit).

So in my opinion, Sat or Sun won't make any difference for Sea World.

But I'd trust someone who goes there regularly over me, as i only go every couple of years.

as for Fiesta, Tx. . on Sundays, the crowds seem to come in the afternoon, so mornings always seem to be less crowded. In June, the waterpark (which is also a HUGE draw in the park, and is free - as it is an included land), is open daily, so you might be surprised on the lack of crowd elsewhere in the park (unless waterpark hits capacity, which does happen, and then they go to 1 out, 1 in).

Summer in Texas .

So although Wonder Woman is a big unknown (I agree, it's gonna have long lines tho), the only rides at Fiesta that consistently seem to have long waits? the Log Flume, Gully Washer (rapids), Iron Rattler, and Poltergeist (due to 1 train operations usually).

Can't wait to hear feedback from riders. Been excited about raptor since the day the concept was released.

You've been excited for Raptor since September 1, 1993?! Yet you still haven't heard feedback about it?? Well, I can tell you that it's an AMAZING coaster!! Super intense... It literally makes your legs go numb!! You should totally get up to Cedar Point and check it out!! You won't regret it!

You try so hard, 'A' for effort. Execution though...