TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I was at the park this past Friday. A worker was in the last car doing test rides all the other seats were filled with water dummies. . .

I don't know who the person is that actually got to ride in the back row of this coaster already, but I am SUPER jealous of them!!

Welp, it's looking less and less likely the ride will be open when I visit on Saturday. Oh well, I figured it was a long shot anyway.

Side note, Goliath doesn't have big people seats, right?

Welp, it's looking less and less likely the ride will be open when I visit on Saturday. Oh well, I figured it was a long shot anyway.

Side note, Goliath doesn't have big people seats, right?

hmm. . not sure, but I can note I've never seen someone walked from Goliath.

(Poltergeist?. . yeah, almost every train there's a walk, but taht's because the restraints are very weird and there's no test seat -- some large belly folks I thought would never fit, were able to ride, but slimmer tall folks weren't. . . the rows as "snug").

have a wonderful time regardless. . .

Poltergeist?. . yeah, almost every train there's a walk, but taht's because the restraints are very weird and there's no test seat -- some large belly folks I thought would never fit, were able to ride, but slimmer tall folks weren't. . . the rows as "snug".

Really? I've been on SFA's Joker's Jinx quite a few times and I've never seen any walks of shame. I wonder it it's just a coincidence you saw many walks of shame while I've seen none, or if there's some other factor.

Poltergeist?. . yeah, almost every train there's a walk, but taht's because the restraints are very weird and there's no test seat -- some large belly folks I thought would never fit, were able to ride, but slimmer tall folks weren't. . . the rows as "snug".

Really? I've been on SFA's Joker's Jinx quite a few times and I've never seen any walks of shame. I wonder it it's just a coincidence you saw many walks of shame while I've seen none, or if there's some other factor.

Does Joker's Jinx also have the short seatbelt on the side that's supposed to attach to the lapbar? That was very nearly a factor for me but I managed to suck the belly in enough to make it happen.

For what it's worth, I had a fantastic time at the park even though I wasn't able to ride Wonder Woman that day (but that lucky bastard in the videos above was... damn!). I'm gonna have to write up a full trip report at some point, but overall, a really good collection of rides with some excellent standouts, and the park itself was beautiful in both its location and area theming, not something I typically expect from an average SF park! Definitely looking forward to a return visit sometime in the future.

Does Joker's Jinx also have the short seatbelt on the side that's supposed to attach to the lapbar? That was very nearly a factor for me but I managed to suck the belly in enough to make it happen.

I wonder if that's it? that little seat belt that clicks into the lap bar from the side of the train is something unique that I've never seen on any other coaster.

I have never been on Poltergeist where there has NOT been a walk of shame. (usually more than 1).

the fact they don't have a test seat is a big factor, but as noted, the restraints are weird.

at least the Ops, whenever I visit, are willing to help try to get them clicked closed.

I just saw on the parks FB page that the Wonder Woman commercial shoot is next week.

if they scheduled the commercial shoot, that's great news. . as it implies they expect the State Inspection went/will go well

I just saw on the parks FB page that the Wonder Woman commercial shoot is next week.

Here's a link for folks here. April 24th - Less than a week!

LOL. . I'm too old to even apply to be in the commercial!

I guess they want the young thill seekers

Does SFFT keep all the coasters open for Holiday in the Park? I am looking at going in December. I figure they do since they're in Texas but figured I'd check. Would very much like to ride Iron Rattler.

Does SFFT keep all the coasters open for Holiday in the Park? I am looking at going in December. I figure they do since they're in Texas but figured I'd check. Would very much like to ride Iron Rattler.

For the most part, yes! Superman and Poltergeist are open depending on the weather. IRat is a thing of beauty during HIP.