TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

That thing is still FLYING through the course!! (Which of course is amazing!) Can't wait to give this thing a go this summer. It looks better and better with each new video!!

I keep thinking... There is no way they would let a coaster go this fast through the course... Then I realize this is RMC we are talking about!

Here's hoping that they don't slow it down!

Jeez, I haven't been online here in forever...

Anyways, I'm going down to San Antonio in about 3 weeks. I'm hitting up SWSA on the 7th, SFFT on the 8th, and possibly ZDTs on the 9th. What are some general tips for the parks? Also, will WWGLC probably be open by the time I go? Thanks!

Anyways, I'm going down to San Antonio in about 3 weeks. I'm hitting up SWSA on the 7th, SFFT on the 8th, and possibly ZDTs on the 9th. What are some general tips for the parks? Also, will WWGLC probably be open by the time I go? Thanks!

My 2cents:

I'd say "yes" WW will be open by then. .they really seem to be doing their damnedest to get it open in March.

Fiesta Texas coasters affected by wind gusts (ie: they will shut them down): Iron Rattler, and Poltergeist.

often, if they are closed in the morning, they *will* eventually open up by end of day. . since Fiesta is in a Quarry, it does sometimes get really windy in the park, even if it's not too windy a day. When we were there 2 weeks ago, both IR and Poltergeist were shut down, while Scream (drop tower) and Skyscreamer were both operating. . . .so if those are running? keep fingers crossed the two coasters will open.

When you enter park, go to right after main plaza (*MANY* folks will go immediately to the left for Goliath at opening.. and it's a good coaster (Batman clone). . but we always save that for end of day). By going right, you'll pass the waterpark (which won't be open yet) and come to back-to-back Roadrunner Express and Iron Rattler. I've found that many folks mistake the entrance for Roadrunner as the entrance to IR .. no, I can't explain it. . it clearly says "Roadrunner Express" over the entrance.. but once you see that, Iron Rattler entrance is literally 20 steps further ahead on the right.

the two water rides in the park will get you wet. Gully Washer (the rapids) will get you soaked. and on a hot day, the line will be long for it, but it moves rather quickly most times.

Bugs Bunny Rapids (the flume) will get you wet not from splashing (tho you'll get spritzed), but from the water that sloshes over the sides of the log several times thruout the ride. . so keep your phone out of your back pocket!

Don't Miss rides (in my opinion): Superman Krypton Coaster (Floorless with unique setting), Bugs Bunny Rapids (flume with unique layout), Iron Rattler (of course), Poltergeist (my favorite coaster in the park), and Wonder Woman.

very good and worth a ride: Pandemonium (Spinning coaster with a good setting and some airtime last time we rode it), Hustler (pool ball themed spinning teacups like ride), Goliath (Batman clone), Batman (S&S Freespin), Roadrunner Express (unique setting, and pretty fast terrain coaster), Skyscreamer (the setting right up against the canyon wall makes it feel much higher than it is).

but really, most everything at Fiesta is decent, and even stuff like the Scream drop tower, while not "exciting" is still fun.

tho I'd skip "Boomerang: Coast to Coaster". . LOL

hope this helps!

(oh, and as to food?. . it's typical Six Flags food, but in Sangerfest Hall, at least there are a lot of options, and we DO like "Kickin Chicken" (strips/waffle fries), that's over by Roadrunner Express. Not big BarbQue fans, but the place by the Waterpark entrance always does seem busy.. so there's that.

Bert has SFFT covered.

I visited the other two parks on Saturdays in the peak of summer. ZDT's was a one train wait for Switchback. SeaWorld was busy, but people seemed more interested in the shows. Steel Eel and Great White were walk-ons. Journey to Atlantis had about a half hour wait on a 100 degree day. And the new Wave Breaker was posting a 45 minute wait.

• 2 weeks later...
Check the ZDT calendar. It shows they are closed on April 9.

Thanks for noticing that! I guess then no switchback for me

My 2cents:

I'd say "yes" WW will be open by then. .they really seem to be doing their damnedest to get it open in March.

Fiesta Texas coasters affected by wind gusts (ie: they will shut them down): Iron Rattler, and Poltergeist.

often, if they are closed in the morning, they *will* eventually open up by end of day. . since Fiesta is in a Quarry, it does sometimes get really windy in the park, even if it's not too windy a day. When we were there 2 weeks ago, both IR and Poltergeist were shut down, while Scream (drop tower) and Skyscreamer were both operating. . . .so if those are running? keep fingers crossed the two coasters will open.

When you enter park, go to right after main plaza (*MANY* folks will go immediately to the left for Goliath at opening.. and it's a good coaster (Batman clone). . but we always save that for end of day). By going right, you'll pass the waterpark (which won't be open yet) and come to back-to-back Roadrunner Express and Iron Rattler. I've found that many folks mistake the entrance for Roadrunner as the entrance to IR .. no, I can't explain it. . it clearly says "Roadrunner Express" over the entrance.. but once you see that, Iron Rattler entrance is literally 20 steps further ahead on the right.

the two water rides in the park will get you wet. Gully Washer (the rapids) will get you soaked. and on a hot day, the line will be long for it, but it moves rather quickly most times.

Bugs Bunny Rapids (the flume) will get you wet not from splashing (tho you'll get spritzed), but from the water that sloshes over the sides of the log several times thruout the ride. . so keep your phone out of your back pocket!

Don't Miss rides (in my opinion): Superman Krypton Coaster (Floorless with unique setting), Bugs Bunny Rapids (flume with unique layout), Iron Rattler (of course), Poltergeist (my favorite coaster in the park), and Wonder Woman.

very good and worth a ride: Pandemonium (Spinning coaster with a good setting and some airtime last time we rode it), Hustler (pool ball themed spinning teacups like ride), Goliath (Batman clone), Batman (S&S Freespin), Roadrunner Express (unique setting, and pretty fast terrain coaster), Skyscreamer (the setting right up against the canyon wall makes it feel much higher than it is).

but really, most everything at Fiesta is decent, and even stuff like the Scream drop tower, while not "exciting" is still fun.

tho I'd skip "Boomerang: Coast to Coaster". . LOL

hope this helps!

(oh, and as to food?. . it's typical Six Flags food, but in Sangerfest Hall, at least there are a lot of options, and we DO like "Kickin Chicken" (strips/waffle fries), that's over by Roadrunner Express. Not big BarbQue fans, but the place by the Waterpark entrance always does seem busy.. so there's that.

Thanks for all the info! One thing that I do have are 5 one-time use flashpasses courtesy of ACE for use on WWGLC, IRat, Superman, Batman, and Poltergeist. That will hopefully help with the lines.

Bert has SFFT covered.

I visited the other two parks on Saturdays in the peak of summer. ZDT's was a one train wait for Switchback. SeaWorld was busy, but people seemed more interested in the shows. Steel Eel and Great White were walk-ons. Journey to Atlantis had about a half hour wait on a 100 degree day. And the new Wave Breaker was posting a 45 minute wait.

It's the beginning of april when I go, so I don't think the lines will be horrible. I'm also doing aquatica the same day, so I definitely won't run out of stuff to do!

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Thanks for all the info! One thing that I do have are 5 one-time use flashpasses courtesy of ACE for use on WWGLC, IRat, Superman, Batman, and Poltergeist. That will hopefully help with the lines.

you *won't* need it for Batman..that never has a line. People are terrified of it, and after it made news for getting stuck the other week? I'd expect lines to be even shorter for it.

Hopefully WW will be open. . . but they aren't making any firm Opening date now. . just saying "soon".. I do hope it's open when you visit, but might not be

I'm tentatively planning on going down to Fiesta on the 8th. . so might be in the park. . . keeping fingers crossed WW might be open.

Poltergeist has only been running 1 train operations, so yeah, you'll need it for that, and likely IRat. Superman - depends on day, one trip will have no line, and the next trip they will be slammed.. . just depends what day.

surprised not to see this thread updated, since Wonder Woman has been testing on Sat with Water Dummies!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I'll very likely be at the park this Sunday (4/8), would be a pleasant surprise if they do a soft opening but going to enjoy the park and not expecting it to be open.

*(hearing the gift shop is supposed to officially open this weekend tho. . so the black gates should be removed at least)

Edited by bert425

Nice!! My work trip is on for 4/19-4/20, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this'll be up and running by that weekend!

I'll be there the weekend after for work as well. Seems like we may just luck out. If not, I'll be riding the other RMC a ton to compensate. Heck I'll be riding Iron Rattler a ton regardless. That coaster is amazing.

*(hearing the gift shop is supposed to officially open this weekend tho. . so the black gates should be removed at least)

The gift shop actually opened this past weekend, though they still have some work left to be done inside. There are a couple of pictures here.

the back grate, must be where the exit from the coaster dumps out into the gift shop.

weird they opened it looking so . . . unfinished. (had heard official opening was supposed to be 4/7 for the gift shop).. LOL.. so a soft opening for the gift shop?

Coaster 1 looks too intense for me.

Seriously though, that thing looks like it's pulling some blackout G-forces. It will probably be awesome, but I'm curious if it will get a little of the Skyrush/I305 split opinions. Maybe not since the WW is so short. From the videos it kind of sounds like a Premier roller coaster.

I'm totally ok with it being comparable in style to skyrush and i305, because I haven't ridden either

The closest thing to those I've ridden is probably Maverick, at least from what I hear, and Maverick can make a strong case for being my favorite coaster on any given day. So lucky to be having a new major coaster at my home park this season (and damn, it's a good season for coasters in general, makes 2017's off year that much more worth the wait)

as of now, still planning on going tomorrow.. lemme know if anyone wants to meet up!

most likely will be wearing this shirt: (Storm troopers on a roller coaster)

IMG_2097.thumb.JPG.33b918d9f102ed2d0a671258dbf49a6c.JPG