TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I love how quickly this thing is getting constructed!! It looks amazing so far, can't wait to see more!!

You know, I forgot that Wonder Woman Golden Shower Coaster was going to be mostly positioned over water... and I can't help but wonder how many cell phones, and other loose articles are going to find themselves in a watery grave because of how much people (mainly the GP) underestimate the forces on this ride!!

This truly flabbergasts me that people take their $700+ phones on roller coasters. I had a friend that took his cell phone on Kingda Ka. Came off the ride pissed that his phone fell out of his pocket then made our whole group spend about 45 minutes in the guest services office trying to get somebody to go search for his (likely) shattered, destroyed, useless phone that went flying off a train going 128 mph.

Wow! It seems like Six Flags Fiesta Texas is putting in some major effort for the coaster. SFOT/SFFT posted a video from the construction tour, and he said that during the tour, the guide said that the Parthenon looking queue line will be made from real stone and they will have fire effects throughout the queue! I'm always impressed by how much Six Flags Fiesta Texas works to make their new rides look amazing!

Hey! I already posted in the SFOT thread, but was wondering if you guys could offer any additional advice. I'm going to SFOT on the 26th and SFFT the 27th (of December). Any advice on how to avoid the inevitable crowds? I've already been to Fiesta Texas, but it was a few years ago & the place was practically empty. I plan on getting the flash pass this time if necessary, but I'm not sure how crowded parks such as the Texas ones get, given that they are open all year, versus my home park, which is barely open half the year. Can anyone offer advice as to how to navigate through the parks? Do you think a flash pass would be necessary?

Personally, what's really making the look of it all work for me, is that cliff background.

Not many parks have that "natural theming" to use with any of their rides or coasters.

This is still, one of the Six Flags parks, I would love to visit!

I don't think it should be legal to have this in the same park as Iron Rattler.

What's even crazier is that, technically speaking, this park will have 3 RMC-built coasters, since Batman's track is RMC track.

But even if you don't count that, two RMCs is still awesome, and the only park that can "kinda" compare is Kentucky Kingdom since Lightning Run is so much like an RMC in itself. I really hope these rides start popping up around both Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks, assuming Railblazer and WW are both successful.

• 2 weeks later...

A local station is reporting that the park will be removing the Scooby Doo dark ride. The article mentions a different dark ride will be coming in the future to replace it.

Link

I did really like the Scooby Doo ride during my visit, so it's a shame to see it go. I'm guessing a Justice League ride may be on the way instead based on the chain's recent history.

A local station is reporting that the park will be removing the Scooby Doo dark ride. The article mentions a different dark ride will be coming in the future to replace it.

Link

I did really like the Scooby Doo ride during my visit, so it's a shame to see it go. I'm guessing a Justice League ride may be on the way instead based on the chain's recent history.

hmm. .considering the location on the boardwalk, it doesn't make sense for JL (tho I COULD see them converting Rockville High, into Hall of Justice, and putting it there, since it's right next to Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman.. . so all that would need a retheme is Hustler (into something Harley Quinn) and Scream (into Scarecrow's terror tower) and you have a Gotham City layover.

just thinking outloud, don't know anything.

I'm not sure I believe Scooby is going anywhere tho. . I mean, we just rode it yesterday, and pretty much ALL the targets and gags are working well (why upkeep a ride that's going away?). . and it seems to be a popular ride on the boardwalk.

guess we'll see.

Feels weird having two identical dark rides in the same state if that's the route they go, but maybe we'll be surprised. Yes, I know they're a few hours apart (even with the 85 mph speed limit) and even with the folks it probably shares from the Waco/Temple/Kileen/Austin areas not many people would notice. But the lack of anything substantive (sorry ZDT) between makes me think it would be more apparent there than even the Chicago/St. Louis crossovers.

Feels weird having two identical dark rides in the same state if that's the route they go, but maybe we'll be surprised. Yes, I know they're a few hours apart (even with the 85 mph speed limit) and even with the folks it probably shares from the Waco/Temple/Kileen/Austin areas not many people would notice. But the lack of anything substantive (sorry ZDT) between makes me think it would be more apparent there than even the Chicago/St. Louis crossovers.

This is also the park that added a Batman the Ride clone despite SeaWorld having one 15 minutes down the road. I don't think adding a second Justice League four hours away is an issue if that's the route they go.

This is also the park that added a Batman the Ride clone despite SeaWorld having one 15 minutes down the road. I don't think adding a second Justice League four hours away is an issue if that's the route they go.

other than them being parks in different company's chains, to be fair:

1) they ride very differently

2) Fiesta Texas did not have a suspended coaster, so it's unique to the park, regardless if there's one close by in another park

3) if you use this comparison, why not knock Fiesta having a waterpark in it, when SW does as well?

I will go on record and predict that if Scooby is going away (and it might not be. . they might just be redoing the ride system and making it trackless, right?. . .get it off those rails). . . but if Scooby Doo IS leaving? what goes *in that space* will not be Justice League.

Fiesta Texas is VERY immersive in their theming (just look at Crackaxle Canyon, Kidzopolis, or the Sagerfest Hall area). They went to a LOT of trouble on that boardwalk theme. they are NOT gonna plop in a superhero ride that doesn't fit the theme of the area.

(not that Scooby "fits the theme". .but that was there before they made the huge effort to reinvigorate the boardwalk area. Hell, the building that Scooby is in used to be a roller-rink. . wouldn't surprise me at all if they convert that back, and then, as I was thiking, convert Rockville to Gotham (easy enough to overlay), and put JL in the theater there).

but yeah.. . they will not put JL in the current Scooby location. that's my take on it

I agree with you on the notion that it will not be Justice League but I do think it will be something of similar nature. Maybe a Full-blown Batman dark ride like the one in Spain. I could also see a flying theater attraction possibly themed to Superman going there.

Fiesta Texas is VERY immersive in their theming (just look at Crackaxle Canyon, Kidzopolis, or the Sagerfest Hall area). They went to a LOT of trouble on that boardwalk theme. they are NOT gonna plop in a superhero ride that doesn't fit the theme of the area.

(not that Scooby "fits the theme". .but that was there before they made the huge effort to reinvigorate the boardwalk area. Hell, the building that Scooby is in used to be a roller-rink. . wouldn't surprise me at all if they convert that back, and then, as I was thiking, convert Rockville to Gotham (easy enough to overlay), and put JL in the theater there).

but yeah.. . they will not put JL in the current Scooby location. that's my take on it

I agree 100% on their theming. It was easily the nicest looking Six Flags park that I've visited. At many points, it didn't feel like a Six Flags park and I mean that as a compliment.

Off your point of theming, if the Scooby building did get a new dark ride/retheme, that made me think of Toy Story Mania's theme. Midway games would fit in well with the boardwalk section of the park.

Due to the quick turnover, I predict a rehashed attraction, not a tear it all down and build something new inside the building style dark ride. I'm predicting a rethemed Scooby Doo dark ride under the name of something like Suicide Squad: Battle for Fiesta Bay Boardwalk. Due to the fact that the park closed it down just this past spring to give it a constantly loading platform, I would infer that it'll use the same ride vehicles and will follow along the same track. You'll essentially drive around the Fiesta Bay Boardwalk with the Justice League shooting the Lexbots and Suicide Squad characters trying to destroy the themed area. This way it'll fit in, it'll have a popular IP worked in (Hey! They made Batman work flawlessly in the 50s section) and it will bring them a new attraction. All I can definitively say is that it'll use the same cars, on the same track, will somehow work an IP into the section, and will probably be lots of screens with some connecting sets to lower the build time, as they only have about 5 months. I could be all wrong, and I'm expecting I will be, but that's just my take

Due to the quick turnover, I predict a rehashed attraction, not a tear it all down and build something new inside the building style dark ride. I'm predicting a rethemed Scooby Doo dark ride under the name of something like Suicide Squad: Battle for Fiesta Bay Boardwalk. Due to the fact that the park closed it down just this past spring to give it a constantly loading platform, I would infer that it'll use the same ride vehicles and will follow along the same track. You'll essentially drive around the Fiesta Bay Boardwalk with the Justice League shooting the Lexbots and Suicide Squad characters trying to destroy the themed area. This way it'll fit in, it'll have a popular IP worked in (Hey! They made Batman work flawlessly in the 50s section) and it will bring them a new attraction. All I can definitively say is that it'll use the same cars, on the same track, will somehow work an IP into the section, and will probably be lots of screens with some connecting sets to lower the build time, as they only have about 5 months. I could be all wrong, and I'm expecting I will be, but that's just my take

I don't think you read the post above you. The guy above literally just said that Jeffery Siebert confirmed that it would not be Justice League and will instead be something themed to the Boardwalk area.

I don't think you read the post above you. The guy above literally just said that Jeffery Siebert confirmed that it would not be Justice League and will instead be something themed to the Boardwalk area.

1- That isn't Justice League: Battle for Metropolis

2- It is themed around the boardwalk

I don't think you read my post