TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

hmm. . .ok, got an offer via email (claiming it's a one time offer just for me), for a basic dining pass for $29.99

so it includes the lunch and the snack (during specific times, but seem reasonable enough).

the list of items seems rather decent, and they claim the basic dining pass is usually $59

is this a good deal? should we go for it? (we tend not to eat much at Fiesta, since we always stop and eat dinner on way home from San Antonio. . but since this is a lunch/snack, it might be worth it).

what do y'all think?

hmm. . .ok, got an offer via email (claiming it's a one time offer just for me), for a basic dining pass for $29.99

so it includes the lunch and the snack (during specific times, but seem reasonable enough).

the list of items seems rather decent, and they claim the basic dining pass is usually $59

is this a good deal? should we go for it? (we tend not to eat much at Fiesta, since we always stop and eat dinner on way home from San Antonio. . but since this is a lunch/snack, it might be worth it).

what do y'all think?

Obviously I have no experience with SFFT but the Six Flags dining passes are totally worth it. How often do you go in a season? How easy it for you to stop in for a bite and a ride or five? If you can do that more than 6-7 times a season its absolutely worth it. I have Great Adventures Premium Dining Plan and while the food is average to subpar I love not having to worry about eating when I'm there. People (@Great Adventure) complain about the lines at the locations that accept the dining pass but I never seem to have that issue, I guess I just happen to eat when everyone else isn't, I dunno. Bottom line: its Six Flags food, its not great. But after the first 2-3 visits, its free food. And if you go a lot, its a lot of free food. GreatAdv has a few places like GoFresh cafe where you can get salads and whatnot if you don't want fried crap. And the desserts are usually good imo. I am definitely renewing it for 2018. Also, I may or may not know a few people who basically feed their families using it.

what do y'all think?

Obviously I have no experience with SFFT but the Six Flags dining passes are totally worth it. How often do you go in a season? How easy it for you to stop in for a bite and a ride or five? If you can do that more than 6-7 times a season its absolutely worth it. I have Great Adventures Premium Dining Plan and while the food is average to subpar I love not having to worry about eating when I'm there. People (@Great Adventure) complain about the lines at the locations that accept the dining pass but I never seem to have that issue, I guess I just happen to eat when everyone else isn't, I dunno. Bottom line: its Six Flags food, its not great. But after the first 2-3 visits, its free food. And if you go a lot, its a lot of free food. GreatAdv has a few places like GoFresh cafe where you can get salads and whatnot if you don't want fried crap. And the desserts are usually good imo. I am definitely renewing it for 2018. Also, I may or may not know a few people who basically feed their families using it.

we're about an 1 1/2 hours from Fiesta, Tx (and about 4 hours from SFoT).

so I'd expect at least 2-3 visits to Fiesta, and at least 1 weekend visit to SFoT. . so the passes were absolutely worth it.

but I'm really wondering about Fiesta. .I'll likely go a few times without Nick. .. hmmm. . maybe just buy 1 dining pass).

EDIT:

gave in and pulled the trigger, and bought two.

just too good to pass up at only $30 each for the basic plan.

Edited by bert425

what do y'all think?

I have no experience with SF dining as I don't live close enough to a SF park to justify adding it to my membership. However, I do buy the CF dining plan at $120/yr and think it's worth the investment when you look at each meal averaging $15/ea. Heck there have been times my brother and I have gone to Point just to eat cause we knew it would be too busy to do much riding.

I would most likely jump on this deal if I was you, even 1 meal a trip inside the park will most likely hold you over till you leave and can grab something on your way home.

Went to Fiesta Tx today for 4 hours to pick up our 2018 Season Passes (and dining), and wow did we pick an amazing day to go.

light crowds, and almost everything was walk on (the longest we waited was Scooby Doo for 15 minutes).

popped my cherry all over the park

-- 1st RMC on Iron Rattler (walk on to back row) - AMAZING (was planning to ride it again later, but my spouse wanted to move to something he could ride too, and didn't make it back over before we decided to head back home)

-- 1st Skyscreamer (again, walk on to share a seat with someone).. really, really liked it. That thing really whips around in the wind near the top, and being right alongside the canyon and seeing hawks soaring beneath you? really has me looking forward to the 400 ft one at SFoT when we go next year.

-- 1st S&S Freespin. (walk on to left side, and they were only running 3 cars!). Not sure how I feel. Yeah, it was trying to kill me. It really felt that way. but man, did I laugh the whole time, ass over elbows. another ride is needed in the future to decide if I liked it or not.

these were all solo's (as was Superman:Krypton Coaster (also walk on to back row), but we did ride together: Roadrunner Express (still good tho a bit rougher than I recalled), Whirlygig (the low swings that he would ride with me), Hustler, Pandemonium, Scooby Doo, and then we rode Spinsanity, which pretty much did us in. . wow, never have I been on a Tilt-a-whirl type ride that spun THAT much. we actually had to take a seat over by Fireball to rest, as it made us a bit dizzy.

Nick wasn't feeling Poltergeist (from the spinning, I suspect), and I didn't wan't to ride alone on something I know he'll ride, so we saved that for next time.

we made use of the dining plan to have chicken strips/waffle fries for lunch (and bonus, the place we were at still had the red 2017 tumblers, that they were selling for only $5 with free refills all day.. so considering that a single drink/water was $4.50, we bought one and shared that all day). While resting we used the "snack" option on the dining plan to get shakes from Johnny Rockets.

then I took a bunch of pics of Wonder Woman construction, and we headed out (with a stop at Goliath (walk on) for me on the way out).

there were a ton of folks headed INTO the park, as we were leaving, and I'm sure it was beautiful as it got darker, but we did see many of the lights on already as dusk came on.

perfect day to go, and even tho there for only ~4 hours, we did pretty much the whole park (no shows) and rode everything we/I wanted to.

pictures coming shortly.

Geez, will they be done with vertical construction this week??

as I noted elsewhere, they will likely be done by end of Holiday in the Park.

they have "Opening March 2018" banners thruout the park. .they will hit that date.

So we are halfway through our first visit to Texas, and were able to visit the park at the weekend (same day as Bert425 actually). You can count me in the official "colour me impressed" category. We had a great day, and were VERY pleasantly surprised at the low crowd level (it was walk on everywhere!!), and the general feel of the park. The quarry makes for a nice backdrop. The Christmas theming was excellent, but "unfortunately" we had been to Seaworld and their "8 million lights" the day before, so Fiesta "almost" felt underwhelming in comparison. Funny really...as their displays were just as good......just not as many of them!

Anyway....the rides?

Iron Rattler. LOVED it....really fun coaster (and my first RMC). I would put it in my top 6 for sure. Rode it 4 times...and managed to go round the barrel roll once with my hands up!! The smoothness was great...and the tunnel was pitch black at night (no lights!). We loved it. This had been on my bucket list, so happy that expectation was met.

Superman Krypton Coaster. Pleasantly surprised, I thought it would be "meh"...but got off it realising that there were afew more forces than expected! Plus the quarry wall is an awesome backdrop. The first loop is great!

Batman. Good fun. Comfortable.....was ready to have the crown jewels squashed in ways they shouldn't be (which is what happened on the Green lantern at Magic Mountain) but this did not come to pass. The restraints were well designed. Short ride cycle though!!

Goliath. "Standard" B and M invert stuff. Good fun, but I had been on Great White the day before at Seaworld, and preferred that one instead. Sorry!

Pandemonium. This was WAY more fun than I thought it would be and also super smooth. Outside of the Rattler, I think I had the biggest smile on my face after getting off of this, as I really wasn't expecting much. GREAT family ride.

Road Runner Express. Hurt the old back a little bit more than it probably should have.....pretty rough!!

My son enjoyed the family areas and we did some old favourites like "Scooby Doo" (I suck at these blaster games!!), Bumper cars and "Spinsanity". Never got around to doing "Poltergeist" due to timing issues, will save it for another trip.

As has already been stated on this thread, Wonderwoman is being built pretty quickly, and looks like it will be a solid FUN ride. It adds to an already impressive collection.

Were there any complaints as an "outsider"? Not really...minor theme park stuff . I thought the food was expensive even for a theme park, and the ride ops, even for walk on, were "amusing" to say the least. The Rattler started backing up a couple of times because the ops attendants were more interested in talking to each other about "stuff" than sending the trains....which is fine in light traffic, but hopefully not a habit they do in busy season?

All in all we had a great day, and thankyou to people for their tips and suggestions earlier in this thread. We very much enjoyed San Antonio (Seaworld was great, which I shall post in that thread) and the Texas BBQ has been spot on so far.

Can I also ask that you send BUC EEES up north please!!! That place is AWESOME!!

^^ we ended up there on a Perfect day, right?

too funny we both ended up skipping Poltergeist.

I didn't notice the expense of the food, since we went ahead and bought the season dining pass for 2018 (which was usable for the rest of 2017 as well) and that ended up being a very good deal.

lemme know went you make it back..I'll drive down and meet up!

we ended up there on a Perfect day, right?

For sure, I couldn't believe how quiet it was to start with. It was definitely filling up though when we left (which was around 730pm).

There were a few points around the park where they were trying to sell the 2018 Seasons Pass...not sure if that also included the dining that you spoke of? At present it isn't worth it for me to have a Six Flags Season ticket..as the closest one to me is "La Ronde", and I fall into the category of "would rather go to Montreal because it is Montreal", not to visit Coasterbill's favourite park in North America.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we will be down again, so will let you know.

we ended up there on a Perfect day, right?

For sure, I couldn't believe how quiet it was to start with. It was definitely filling up though when we left (which was around 730pm).

There were a few points around the park where they were trying to sell the 2018 Seasons Pass...not sure if that also included the dining that you spoke of? At present it isn't worth it for me to have a Six Flags Season ticket..as the closest one to me is "La Ronde", and I fall into the category of "would rather go to Montreal because it is Montreal", not to visit Coasterbill's favourite park in North America.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we will be down again, so will let you know.

we were there because of 2018 season pass. . when you buy it, you get the rest of 2017 for free.

they were offering free gold upgrade, which might make it worth it to you, as it gives free parking at all Six Flags parks. . .but the regular pass gives entry to all the parks (non water-parks) for all of 2018. .so it's good to have when traveling. . just in Texas you can hit two parks: Six Flags Over Texas, and Fiesta. and there are a lot of Six Flags parks in N. America. So might be worth it for you to buy (the 4 pack pass drops the price down to, I think, $65 each. . not a bad deal)

the dining thing is a separate option.. I got an email offering when I didn't buy it with the pass, which was ~$30 cheaper than what was being offered in the parks. But if we go 2 more times, we've gotten our money's worth.

what do y'all think?

You should also look at the restrictions. It would not pay for me to get the basic dining plan at SFA because I have yet to go there this year, haven't been there during the lunch hours this decade, and often arrive little over 2 hours from close (which is often ridiculously early, leaving no time for it anyway). So I might get 0 uses. I do get the KD dining plan, I live nearby and it is less restrictive. Even then, I've got the 2 meals (4 hours apart) ONCE in 3 years of having it, and took the sandwich home because I was still half full from the first meal. I went 4 or 5 times this last year without using it because having only enough time for riding. I wouldn't get it to save a little over their usual prices either. The likelihood needs to be it will be less per meal than comparable meals outside the park (it's ended up about $2.50 each). I rarely ever ate anything in theme parks before getting it, and it is sometimes nice to be able to eat there. The roast chicken at actual lunchtime that last day was amazing, so much better than getting it an hour before closing, but still kudos to KD for rarely closing restaurants early this year.

I love how quickly this thing is getting constructed!! It looks amazing so far, can't wait to see more!!

You know, I forgot that Wonder Woman Golden Shower Coaster was going to be mostly positioned over water... and I can't help but wonder how many cell phones, and other loose articles are going to find themselves in a watery grave because of how much people (mainly the GP) underestimate the forces on this ride!!