TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I got a survey from them yesterday all about the games.. and they asked about a couple of specific games, with options to answer such as "I've never seen something like this in a park before"

so maybe they are talking games, rather than rides?

Me too, including an obstacle course, Discovery Zone-style. If SF started putting those things in, I'd go through them in a heartbeat!

What's up guys?

Heading to San Antonio from the Bay Area next week on a work trip. Obviously I can't travel cross country without hitting up at least one park. So, I'm taking an extra day on Saturday April 1st to hit up SFFT for the full day (weather permitting).

I'm flying solo and know literally nobody in the state of Texas. I think it will be nice to do some solo touring, but might get a bit boring. Thought I'd reach out here to see if there are any season passholders that might be around on the 1st and would want to meet up for lunch/drinks and a few rides?

Also, if anyone has recommendations for restaurants, breweries, or other attractions in the area, I'd love to hear them. I'm staying near Riverwalk for the week, then moving to a hotel closer to the park.

^ if you're staying near Riverwalk. . be sure to check out "County Line" bar-b-que. . .

one of the best BBQ joints in S.A.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-county-line-san-antonio-2?hrid=vbHybGHjda01eqPNO476HQ&osq=county+line+riverwalk

ignore the one-off "bad" reviews. . they are known for the Brisket, Ribeye, and homemade bread w/ honey butter.

The Alamo will be MUCH smaller than you are expecting it to be (but you'll be right there if on the Riverwalk). . so recommended, and you *can* spend a few hours there, if you read all the placards and history.

the San Antonio Museum of Art is decent, tho I'm more a fan of the Witte Museum - they tend to have really interesting exhibits, and we've done several trips from Austin just to visit the Witte.

http://www.wittemuseum.org/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

"RMC owner, Fred Grubb, testing out our prototype Raptor train on our single rail test track."

Rumblings among the coaster grape vine are that SFFT is getting the New Raptor Coaster, not Knott's. I hope its true. Jeffrey has a way of working his magic.

18485407_1326813564022427_3495290349162199565_n.thumb.jpg.7b3266826c8086cb43bba4d5c096a09c.jpg

PC Rocky Mountain Construction

"RMC owner, Fred Grubb, testing out our prototype Raptor train on our single rail test track."

Rumblings among the coaster grape vine are that SFFT is getting the New Raptor Coaster, not Knott's. I hope its true. Jeffrey has a way of working his magic.

I hope that is true. They need to remove Boomerang and use some of that space.

Remember the article where Jeffery mentioned America's first? More evidence to back it up.

I hope not. The capacity for the Raptor would be terrible for a crowded Fiesta Texas. I'm all for the T-Rex version though.

This would certainly be interesting if true, SFFT would yet again be the first to install a prototype which will inevitably be duplicated chain-wide.

I hope not. The capacity for the Raptor would be terrible for a crowded Fiesta Texas. I'm all for the T-Rex version though.

To add to this speculation, you may be right. But I thought they were a lot further in testing the Raptor track than they are now.

I wonder:

1. How long does testing take?

2. When will TREX testing start?

3. How long was the Free Fly testing before Six Flags bought it?

4. How long is the track production time?

5. What park is getting WHAT???

To add to this speculation, you may be right. But I thought they were a lot further in testing the Raptor track than they are now.

I wonder:

Well this prototype existed for more than a year before Batman was built

I wonder:

That's the one I'm talking about.

I wonder:

That's the one I'm talking about.

1. However long RMC feels it necessary.

2. I think it just started around this week.

3. Around a year (that's from when testing started to Batman's Opening).

4. I honestly don't know. If track starts being produced pretty soon I bet it would be done by the end of this year.

5. Wish I knew but sadly I don't.

Has there been a released capacity for the Raptor?

^ 600 an hour according to their video they released a while ago. Although, I was worried about Batman low capacity but it helps to load two trains at once. Perhaps they could do the same for the Raptor. I'm not saying I don't want another RMC here but I like to see the larger version. Honestly, I think Fiesta needs an airtime machine like a hyper or megalite.

^ 600 an hour according to their video they released a while ago. Although, I was worried about Batman low capacity but it helps to load two trains at once. Perhaps they could do the same for the Raptor. I'm not saying I don't want another RMC here but I like to see the larger version. Honestly, I think Fiesta needs an airtime machine like a hyper or megalite.

A T-rex hyper would be awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The First two teasers have been released for SFFT 2018 Project.

1. Are you ready for the next adventure? #SFFT2018

2. Wow..... time sure flys around here! #SFFT2018

19642718_10213886270615471_4984384842835387453_n.jpg.cc7831ffe973e716b96b204c9213f936.jpg

Are you ready for the next adventure? #SFFT2018

19665662_10213897517256630_8244012183605047524_n.jpg.a67f7142a638d24be4b672e515e60baf.jpg

Wow..... time sure flys around here! #SFFT2018