Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 753 - Cyborg Ride Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: xVicesAndVirtues and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Sluggo77 wrote:As an FYI I’ve gotten to know the SFNE Online crew and they wanted to have the pics shared so that the TPR forum members could see what’s going on. Don’t really appreciate your assumption that I was trying to hide that fact. I’m not that type of person. I also really appreciate my relationship with Robb and TPR so in an instance like this I don’t look to add outside names when it’s already been approved to share. Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

Don't worry about it, thanks for sharing them (and also thanks, everybody from SFNE Online)!

For everyone's benefit - you don't have to go through the usual "used with permission, yadda yadda" disclaimer but you definitely need to say where the photos came from regardless. We're one big sappy family of an enthusiast community, after all. What we do ask is that if you take photos of something yourself, you upload them as attachments to the forum as opposed to another site so we can link back to them in our Park Index.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby thesman » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:29 pm

Is the maintenance building next to mind eraser painted for the riddler? can't tell.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby bobbie68 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:07 am

The teens are already asking when we can start the park again. We are there almost every weekend and then at least twice a week in the summer. We enjoyed Holidays in the Park this year and so glad they are bringing it back. It's nice to live so close to one of their parks.

I love the idea of the early entry but if the dining plan lines are any indication of day tickets verses pass holders early entry might not have that big effect. Although it is a nice trial and if it works then they can implement at other parks.

Thanks to everyone who posted information and pics! :)

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby thefed29 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Has there been any update to the idea of the Mind Eraser retheme to the Riddler? Or any sort of announcement date?

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Sluggo77 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:42 pm

thefed29 wrote:Has there been any update to the idea of the Mind Eraser retheme to the Riddler? Or any sort of announcement date?

I haven’t seen any new updates or info about it yet.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Blind Idiot God » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:20 pm

Any ETAs on when Spinsanity will open? I'd like to think that it'll be up and running before the end of May.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Lately the park's new attractions have been opening the weekend before Memorial Day. Last year Joker opened that weekend as a season pass preview only.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah & Alabama Splash Adventure

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Sluggo77 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:30 pm

Here’s some construction shots of Harley Quinn courtesy of SF New England. Making great progress!

9D44B10A-0C5F-4C15-96B5-04602243D05D.jpeg

37D67A2B-A424-43AB-BBC1-DF3F14725344.jpeg

3128E0E9-5B6A-4074-97AA-E3A19317959F.jpeg

0ED7AF61-0EAD-46CF-B72B-7AB608CEEE62.jpeg

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Quick question for anyone who has been on a giant discovery. I absolutely love the Huss giant frisbees , the only downside for me is that they are extremely tight due to my chest dimensions. For example, I was turned away from KI’s drop zone because of the restraint (well, because of me) but I have no problem with ride restraints some people have trouble with , like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Are the restraints a little more giving than the Huss model ? I’m very much looking forward to Harley Quinn. I feel the park is on a great winning streak, and I feel a bit spoiled but extremely gracious to have a B&M , an Intamin, an RMC and a solid handful of flat rides so close by.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sportsdude360 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:21 pm

^ The Zamperla Giant Discoveries have far less cumbersome restraints than the Huss models. I've ridden both types and Zamperla comes out on top in this department. I've never seen anyone turned away from Riddler Revenge here at SFOT because they were too big.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!