TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Six Flags New England, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

February 23rd, 2005 - Park adding new coaster themed to chain's dancing mascot

November 13th, 2005 - Info on SWAT and Diablo Falls moving from Astroworld

February 23rd, 2006 - SWAT and Diablo Falls moves officially announced

January 17th, 2007 - Wiggles World coming to SFNE

April 17th, 2007 - major flooding at SFNE

September 27th, 2007 - Dark Knight coaster coming to SFNE

September 29th, 2007 - S:ROS closed for the season, chain lift problems

March 16th, 2008 - Dark Knight construction halted

April 9th, 2008 - Dark Knight offically removed from park website

April 11th, 2008 - DK Back on National and SFNE Website

April 15th, 2008 - Dark Knight officially canceled

April 15th, 2008 - Red Tape Derails ride at Six Flags

Sept. 15th. 2008 - Superman to recieve transformation

Feb. 18th, 2010 - Mr. Six's Splash Island Announcement

March 11th, 2010 - New Mr. Six's Splash Island concept art released

September 1st, 2010 - SFNE to get 10th coaster (Wild Mouse from SFKK)

October 9th, 2010 - Houndini's Great Escape catches fire

December 8th, 2010 - Wild Mouse to be themed as Gotham City Gauntlet: Escape from Arkham Asylum

April 11th, 2011 - First pictures of Gotham City Gauntlet

August 16th, 2011 - Deja Vu moving from SFMM to SFNE

September 1st, 2011 - Deja Vu to be renamed Goliath

October 2nd, 2011 - Goliath to get new Premier trains

May 23rd, 2012 - Goliath Media Day

July 6th, 2012 - SFNE seeking approval to build a Star Flyer

July 30th, 2012 - Park gets zoning approval for 385ft tall StarFlyer!

August 30th, 2012 - Bonzai Pipelines Announced!

October 7th, 2012 - Bonzai Pipelines seeks approval from planning board

October 22nd, 2012 - SFNE gets approval to move ahead with Bonzai Pipelines

February 28th, 2013 - SFNE has confirmed via Twitter that Catapult is being removed

August 29th, 2013 - New England Sky Screamer announced

March 18th, 2014 - Sky Screamer construction

May 15th, 2014 - SkyScreamer opens

June 24th, 2014 - Cyclone to close on July 23rd

August 28th, 2014 - Wicked Cyclone announced

November 24th, 2015 - Wicked Cyclone construction tour!

September 3rd, 2015 - Fireball announced for 2016, Bizarro to be rethemed back to Superman

September 1st, 2016 - Joker announced for 2017

June 1st, 2017 - Joker Media Day

August 31st, 2017 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity (Giant Discovery) announced for 2018

August 30th, 2018 - Cyborg, an indoor thrill ride announced for 2019

June 2nd, 2019 - Cyborg Hyper Drive Media Day

August 29th, 2019 - Supergirl Sky Flyer announced for 2020, a Zamperla Endeavour

Rides announced for 2006

Well, three if you want to count the slingshot but it's no where mentioned in the article. But I did see a picture of what is supposedly the slingshot...

anyway, the two new rides which we all pretty much knew were the spinning coaster in the north end and the typhoon water coaster slide.

Dancing five stories above the ground, Mr. Six’s Pandemonium will take park Guests on an all-new ride experience creating a new spin on the typical roller coaster. Face-to-face in individual 4-person cars, Guests will enjoy more than a quarter mile of totally unique fun, shared with family and friends. This roller coaster spins like a top while moving up and down through hairpin turns and plummeting spirals. Each ride that Guests take on Mr. Six’s Pandemonium will be different, just like the master of playtime himself. No other coaster will leave you dizzy with laughter like Mr. Six’s Pandemonium!

Mr. Six's Pandemonium will be the first coaster inspired by the character.

Making a huge splash at Hurricane Harbor, Typhoon will offer park goers a unique thrill only to be experienced at Hurricane Harbor. Typhoon offers an extreme 3-person rafting experience. The water coaster’s rocket propelled water and conveyer belts blast riders though a serpentine series of high bank turns, enclosed tunnels and up hill climbs at racing speeds. Typhoon’s technology includes higher and faster uphill sections than any existing water coaster in the country. The thrill of a traditional coaster gets “all wet” with the 2005 debut of Typhoon!

Photos...

from prnewswire.com

IMO, I think these will be some good additions to the park since our last one was in 2003 with the waterpark expansion.

For more information and videos you can go here

http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/sixflags/21289/

Article quotes were from the link above

Edited by larrygator

^^ Thanks for posting that! You beat me to it! Something new to ride during our SFNE visit this year! Glad they are getting a new coaster, but the water ride looks WAY cool!

Is the water slide one of the new ProSlide "Rocket's?"

http://www.proslide.com/whatsnew/ProSlideROCKET2-3-and4-ManUphillRide.pdf

We just might have to try and hit SFNE earlier than PPP weekend if it is!

--Robb "Who would have thought I'd be more excited about the water park ride than the coaster?" Alvey

^ Yeah, I believe it is. Also, If you watch the video they announce that it's new technology so it's not like the regular waterslides where water pushes you up, it's like this high speed conveyer belt that brings you up. And those are some big hills the slide has!

[Edit] Ignore what I said here earlier, I read further into what I found and someone corrected the person who claimed it was a White Water manufactured slide. Supposedly they said that Pro Slides will also be using the same technology when it comes to the acceleration belts when going up hill. So I apologize, looks like it will be a Pro Slides slide[/Edit]

I think its awesome that SFNE is adding a Gerstlauer spinning coaster. I rode Timberland Twister at Camp Snoopy last summer and that thing, believe it or not, is awesome. Its just a really fun and thrilling coaster. I was quite impressed. I have plans to visit SFNE this summer so that makes the visit even better! That water ride looks pretty sweet too. I need to start visiting Six Flags' water parks. I might have to give SFNE's a try.

Bet they'll drop the Mr. Six portion of the coaster name by 2007. Either the character will be totally played out by then and we'll just have Pandemonium, or Six Flags will once again be selling off some properties to Cedar Fair, in which case we'll get Wicked Twister.

Please, Jebus, please, don't let them be playing that Venga Boys song in the queue at all times!

I agree with Derek! This is a bad idea...how can you theme the ride to a character who's only been around one season and everyone is tired of already?!? Have you seen this years commercials yet? They're awful!!

Elissa "Say it ain't so" Alvey

^ Breath Elissa, Breath....If you noticed by the artist rendering, the Mr. Six statues are pretty close to the track...so all you have to do is smuggle a bat onto the right and just whack him down. Also, what do you think about the new water coaster?

I think that it's cool that SFNE is the first to have a Mr. Six themed right, the track looks like a mess and it's going to be boat loads of fun. Can you imagine just in the car when you get near Time Warp when it's running.... But I do agree the Mr. Six theme is a bit tacky, but I'll still ride the coaster.

Eh, the water ride will be fun...but from what I discovered at Schlitterbahn...I like Waterslides that go down, a lot more than the ones that go up! The uphill stuff just didn't do it for me...seemed slow, boring, and pointless.

Elissa "maybe these new generation ones will be better" Alvey

Man... Sometimes I really start to think that Six Flags doesn't care about Elitch Gardens...

Why can't we get a real coaster once in a while? I mean hell I would love a X-Car...

Getting the first Half Pipe in the US didn't do it for you?

At least SFEG is getting something new this year (new water slides)...some parks aren't even that lucky.

Then again it's easy for me to talk since my home park is SFGAdv...