Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 656 - SFNE Opening Weekend Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby sixflagsfans3793 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:03 pm

Sluggo77 wrote:I know and really hope it isn't to bad.

Six flags over texas is closing earlier than usual at 6pm today maybe because of the severe weather heading our way tonight and safety. Idk. I wonder why though??.. Cause it did rain alot in the morning over here where I live and area surrounding it like six flags over texas.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:11 pm

Looking at precipitation forecasts a week out is really a waste of time and will only stress you out.

sixflagsfans3793 wrote:

Six flags over texas is closing earlier than usual at 6pm today maybe because of the severe weather heading our way tonight and safety. Idk. I wonder why though??.. Cause it did rain alot in the morning over here where I live and area surrounding it like six flags over texas.

What does any of this have to do with what the weather will be in New England a week from now?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby RaceBoarder » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:14 pm

coasterbill wrote:Looking at precipitation forecasts a week out is really a waste of time and will only stress you out.

sixflagsfans3793 wrote:

What does any of this have to do with what the weather will be in New England a week from now?

Ever heard of the "butterfly effect" :lmao:

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Sluggo77 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:37 pm

coasterbill wrote:Looking at precipitation forecasts a week out is really a waste of time and will only stress you out.

sixflagsfans3793 wrote:

Your guess is as good as mine LOL. Your right there's no sense in worrying about the weather yet.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:05 pm

After the winter we've had this year, I'm excited that the temperature is high enough that snow probably isn't happening next weekend.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Comet (Great Escape), Cyclone (Coney)
Top 5 Steel- Fury 325, Millennium Force, Twisted Colossus, Wicked Cyclone, Skyrush

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:40 am

Hours for Holiday in the Park have been posted.

The event starts on Black Friday. Hours are 2 to 9 except for 2 Friday night openings on the 15th and 22nd (which are 4-9). There are no bonus weekends yet, but I could see them adding those down the line.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:50 pm

I made it to opening day as usual. It was a bit chilly, but all the dry rides were running, albeit with some downtime.

The park opened at 10:30 but neither Superman nor Wicked Cyclone had their first riders until after 11. Both rides were absolutely flying despite it being opening day. Superman was less than 15 minutes. Wicked Cyclone was a 30-60 min wait due to a one train operation. Both rides had choice seating.

Mind Eraser was much better with the new vest restraints. The headbanging is now gone so it's worth riding now. VR kept on having technical issues so I wasn't able to try it. I'm guessing the cold played a role in that if it affects Samsung phones like my iPhone.

Batman had freshly painted trains and Joker is coming along. Overall a great day despite some opening day operational hiccups.
IMG_6237.JPG
The vest restraints make Mind Eraser ridable!
IMG_6238.JPG
Batman has freshly repainted trains. I'm really liking the black OSTRs.
IMG_6239.JPG
Joker is coming along quite nicely.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Comet (Great Escape), Cyclone (Coney)
Top 5 Steel- Fury 325, Millennium Force, Twisted Colossus, Wicked Cyclone, Skyrush

I Love Donkeys!

Postby thefed29 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:40 pm

Made it out for opening day and Had myself a grand ole six flags day.

First time on superman, train stops halfway up the lift. Stuck there for about ten minutes. Maintenance worker came up the stairs to make sure everyone was alright after a few minutes and said it was stopped by the operator. Assuming someone had their phone out? But once we got going, ride was smooth as ever.

In the pre-show for Houdini; right as it ends and the doors are to open to let us in the ride someone decides to leave via the emergency exit of the pre-show room. Worker has to then call someone and 5 minutes later tells us we have to watch the pre-show again before the ride can start. One plus was that a couple new(or haven't been in use for years) effects were working in the ride. Such as the keys in the mirrors at the end and Houdini up in the ceiling windows. Trying to comepete with the Jersey version.. ha.

And then wait for tomahawk and of course that goes down. Six flags day it is. And then of course the food lines were longer than ride lines.

Ride lines were super manageable. Except for mind eraser and the questionable one train operation on wicked cyclone. Would have liked to try the new restraints on mind eraser but wasn't waiting for it. All the big boys were running smooth. Wicked cyclone remains hands down best ride in the park for me.

I was not a fan of the joker supports being green and purple in all the pictures I had seen. Much rather the gray supports like the jersey edition. But once I saw it in person it really didn't bother me at all. I'd actually say I quite liked it. And I can't wait until that opens up because it will make that end of the park feel more complete. Love the layout of the three coasters there.

All in all had a great day on the rides but it was a six flags day as was expected.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:28 pm

thefed29 wrote:Ride lines were super manageable. Except for mind eraser and the questionable one train operation on wicked cyclone. Would have liked to try the new restraints on mind eraser but wasn't waiting for it. All the big boys were running smooth. Wicked cyclone remains hands down best ride in the park for me.

I was not a fan of the joker supports being green and purple in all the pictures I had seen. Much rather the gray supports like the jersey edition. But once I saw it in person it really didn't bother me at all. I'd actually say I quite liked it. And I can't wait until that opens up because it will make that end of the park feel more complete. Love the layout of the three coasters there.

All in all had a great day on the rides but it was a six flags day as was expected.

Mind Eraser's line actually wasn't bad. I was scared when I saw it in that shed by the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo, but it was because they were holding people there instead of letting them into the next part of the queue. I got on both times in 10-15 minutes. The new trains really improved the ride.

I agree on the Joker supports and it really looks great in that spot.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby thefed29 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:05 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Mind Eraser's line actually wasn't bad. I was scared when I saw it in that shed by the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo, but it was because they were holding people there instead of letting them into the next part of the queue. I got on both times in 10-15 minutes. The new trains really improved the ride.

You know, when I was on Batman, the line for mind eraser didn't look that bad and I was shocked when I went over and saw it was backed up in the shed. But That explains it. Wish I waited. Next time.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!