Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 691 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity (Giant Discovery) announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:44 pm

This is amazing news! While it's a bummer the park's two top coasters won't be open, I really can't complain about having adult coasters available to ride in New England in November and December. I hope the event is a success and can maybe expand to include one of the big coasters down the road.

coasterbill wrote:Yeah, but I think part of the thing that people don't factor in is that people are really used to the temperature wherever they live. When you tell someone from Florida that people in Massachusetts are riding a 55 mph floorless coaster in December they think they're nuts, but when you live they're you really don't care. These same people go to Patriots games when it's zero degrees and throw snow confetti in the air whenever their team c̶h̶e̶a̶t̶s̶ wins. These same people refuse to wear a jacket until it's like 20 degrees outside. They're used to it, they don't care and they'll happily go to this event.

If you dress like you're going skiing it's perfectly comfortable even in 20 degrees. Heck I went skiing a few weeks ago when it was below zero and put on so many layers on I was overheating.

I don't know what you are talking about with the cheating accusations ;) There's nothing wrong with watching some homemade movies and giving that air back to the community. New Englanders will defend Tom Brady and Belichick like we defend Canobie Lake Park.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Season passes.

Postby tragedy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:55 pm

I hope this isn't a bad place to ask about this, but Six Flags New England has a deal on on season passes. Right now they seem to have one running through the weekend. I already bought a gold pass for myself and my daughter last year, but I'm hoping to buy one for my niece. It's only $73.99 if you have four people and $133.99 for 1-3 people. I've only been able to find one other person who might be willing to get one. So, I'm wondering if anyone knows anywhere to find buying groups or if they want to form a buying group?

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby thisdougsforu » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:27 am

Congrats for landing HITP. You guys will love it. It was a big hit here in St. Louis and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who didn't have a great time when they visited.

As Bill already said, in the event that weather is ok enough and the crowds are there, they will probably be able to bring more of the rides online temporarily. They did it several times at SFSL. Also, hopefully your B&M can be equipped with the vaunted "winter wheels"!

I'm a huge fan of HITP and my family has already planned to visit ours again around Christmas. Riding in the cold with the park lit up is a great experience. If it's successful at SFNE I'd guess all parks in the chain will have it soon enough.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Six Flags New England has sent us a press release announcing this year's Holiday in the Park event!

Six Flags New England—the Coaster Capital of New England, today announced its season of thrills will be extended in 2017 with the addition of Six Flags Entertainment’s annual holiday festival - HOLIDAY IN THE PARK®. More than one million LED lights, beautiful Christmas trees, thrilling rides, enchanting shows and state-of-the-art decor will create the perfect magical atmosphere this holiday season.

Holiday in the Park® will be the largest holiday celebration in New England, delighting guests of all ages with sparkling lights, festive shows, tasty holiday treats, and photos with Santa. Park goers and their families will be transported to a magical winter wonderland featuring more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, roaming interactive holiday characters, storytelling with Mrs. Claus, warm and toasty fire-pits, synchronized lighting displays, a breathtaking nightly snowfall and other holiday experiences that can only be experienced at Six Flags New England.

“Holiday in the Park will be a wonderful must-see spectacle for families to enjoy. We are thrilled to offer our guests the opportunity to enjoy a summer of thrills including New England’s largest water park—Hurricane Harbor, our scariest Fright Fest ever and then complete the year with a trip to the North Pole,” said Six Flags New England Park President John Winkler. “The benefits of a 2017 season pass or membership to Six Flags New England just got better with the addition of Holiday in the Park.”

2017 will be the Coaster Capital of New England’s longest season ever featuring the all-new Galactic Attack Virtual Reality Coaster, THE JOKER 4D Free Fly Coaster and now the most magical holiday celebration in New England, Holiday in the Park®. Six Flags New England’s Holiday in the Park® will premiere on select dates throughout November and December of this year.

A Season Pass provides guests with unlimited visits for the entire 2017 season at Six Flags New England including Holiday in the Park®. To purchase, visit sixflags.com and save up to 55% with the purchase of four or more.
HIP Logo.png
HIP Photo 1.jpg
HIP Photo 2.jpg
HIP Photo 3.jpg
HIP Photo 4.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby 3Mutts » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:20 pm

Just curious but are they replacing Superman VR with Mind Eraser? If so thank god!
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:21 pm

Yes, and I agree.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby sixflagsfans3793 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:21 pm

3Mutts wrote:Just curious but are they replacing Superman VR with Mind Eraser? If so thank god!

Yes and I agree too.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Oh no it's that photo again
IMG_20170330_203510.jpg
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby necoastergp » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:57 pm

boldikus wrote:Oh no it's that photo again

:nina:
Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby joelwee » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:04 pm

^That closeup made me LOL. :lmao: :lmao:
1) Twisted Colossus 2) X2 3) XCelerator 4) Tatsu 5) YOLOcoaster 6) Viper 7) Batman 8) Matterhorn Bobsleds 9) Apocalypse 10) Ghost Rider
Coaster count: 34 (SFMM, KBF, Disneyland, DCA, Legoland)
Seat, don't fail me now!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!