Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 753 - Cyborg Ride Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:20 pm

I doubt anyone cares but Kryptonite Kollider is now listed as "Closed for the Season" on the website.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Zand » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:50 pm

coasterbill wrote:I doubt anyone cares but Kryptonite Kollider is now listed as "Closed for the Season" on the website.

But the ride that's completely dismantled and probably on its way to the Big E is just "temporarily closed". Ok...

Also when I was there last week seemed like nearly half of the food kiosks were closed. And long lines at the ones that were open. Sad that a park with 2 of the best coasters on the planet is so close yet I can't even bear to go there more than a couple times a season because it's just not fun to go there anymore. There isn't a thing to do in that park that doesn't end up somehow becoming a big hassle. What I'd give to have Knoebels there instead...

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:08 pm

I really wonder what's up with Crime Wave if they had to completely dismantle it.

At least Goliath is still listed as open. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby ice1972 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:02 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:I really wonder what's up with Crime Wave if they had to completely dismantle it.

At least Goliath is still listed as open. :lol:

Was there today and asked the friendly folks at Nightwing - cuz they looked like they were bored - what’s up with Crime Wave.....said it’s been down about two weeks and waiting for a part that required basically full dismantle to replace.....they said they think it’ll be back though.....

So here’s my trip report for the day:

1. Again weather big factor today....heavy rain and cloud cover in the morning knocked down crowd size enormously....arrived about 1:30....rain was gone and the sun was starting to come out....it was hot and humid though so lots of drinks, shade, and AC when required....

2. Flash Pass system was down......now we don’t normally buy FP since SFNE is our home park and we’re so close - 20 min - that to leave cuz of crowds isn’t a big deal for us....we’ll just come back later....however it mattered because we are Diamond Elite members and when I went to get my skip the line passes the sign on the FP office said go to member services where they issued gold.....we got 6 passes good any time on any ride and each pass is good for 4 people....I was like “damn is that a new thing?”....she was like “no it’s just cuz FP system is down.....I figure since they couldn’t scan and print the skip the line passes like they usually do they resorted to the other more awesome passes....

I left the park with 4 of them since the lines were so short I decided these were better used another day....I’m gonna drive up there tomorrow to see if the system is still down and try to grab 8 of those suckers.....then we’ll just leave - I expect the crowd to be terrible tomorrow.....

3. Wicked Cyclone ran great but they were running one train.....lame.....they were doing that a few weeks ago too....wtf - I mean we waited to get on the front car so there was that but still

4. Superman ran great too but guess what? Red train only - I guess that’s the theme this year....hey guys come ride two of the best coasters on the planet but wait forever cuz we can’t gwt two trains running....man

5. It was hot AF.....I said that already.....

6. Today we were able to get in the “reservation only” parking without a reservation....2nd time that’s happened this year....my guess is the weather prevented a lot of folks with reservations from coming so the security guy let me in....it clearly said No Reservation on my ticket they printed when I stopped at the booth....

7. Discovered Pandemonium has a “singles line”.....that’s not marked....got on multiple rides in a row without having to use those passes I picked up earlier....

8. Had a great ride on Joker....only second time on....that middle section really tosses you around....

9. Thunderbolt broke down - we were next to get on and the train just stopped just out of the station and before the lift hill.....the operator was all “Uhhhh it’s gonna be a while”.....lol....we left - a supervisor, two paramedics, and two maintenance guys showed up and they were gonna initially just push the train to the lift hill and let them ride it but a couple a folks wanted off so it set in motion a whol protocol to get passengers off a ride where there’s basically nowhere for people to go.....granted that location isn’t the most dangerous place but still....the maintenance guy was like “I can’t send a train if people want to get off”.....this one woman really was pissed and probably scared and wanted off....

10. Snacks need to be extended to 30 min before closing or something....not 8:30 in the height of the season....dumb

11. Still staying away from HQ and SS.....I probably have to be really heated to go on those and probably would vomit.....so I won’t....lol

12. Speaking of vomit - somebody barfed on Scrambler and it was closed when me and my son tried to ride....

That’s it.....I’ll report back how my scheme tomorrow works out.....
Last edited by ice1972 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:57 pm.

Postby ice1972 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:56 pm

Come
On

Postby ice1972 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Well I really wanted to get up there today and try to get those any time rides up to 4 riders - with the FP system down - but never made it.....just didn’t work out....still have four left though from yesterday and will conserve as needed....I’m sure the crowd up there in Agawam was insane today....

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby thesman » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:45 am

how crowded has the park been on weekdays?

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:47 am

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 am

ice1972 wrote:Come
On

fhqwhgads

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:24 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
ice1972 wrote:Come
On

fhqwhgads

:nina:
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!