TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Was anyone able to make it to the park to check out Harley Quinn for the membership preview? I wanted to go but had a few graduations this weekend. I'm interested in hearing how lomg the cycle is since I know what kind of air these things are capable of providing.

Planning on heading to the park Friday. Anyone know how the crowds will be? School is still in session with only half the colleges out. Any events going on that day that will cause it to be crowded?

Fridays at this time of year have lighter crowds, but make up for it with lots of (often loud, annoying, and poorly-behaved) school groups.

Planning on heading to the park Friday. Anyone know how the crowds will be? School is still in session with only half the colleges out. Any events going on that day that will cause it to be crowded?

Fridays at this time of year have lighter crowds, but make up for it with lots of (often loud, annoying, and poorly-behaved) school groups.

Ugh, if the park had an adult night id pay extra for that, 18+ only

Make that 25+. College kids are for the most part a-holes too.

Make that 25+. College kids are for the most part a-holes too.

As a college kid I have to disagree

Just out of curiousity, how does S:TR’s ride compare to S:ROS @SFA’s restrains? I’ve heard many complaints about the SFNE S:TR but I haven’t gotten a good explanation of what makes them bad.

Just out of curiousity, how does S:TR’s ride compare to S:ROS @SFA’s restrains? I’ve heard many complaints about the SFNE S:TR but I haven’t gotten a good explanation of what makes them bad.

They’re really really bulky and hit closer to the thighs, which when stapled makes the huge ejector air the ride has very painful.

Went to the park yesterday thought it would be empty with little cars in the parking lot was let down with the hundreds of buses and school kids. Harley Quinn is amazing and a great addition to the park, its much faster and goes higher than you think. Superman ran great, wicked cyclone ran okay and also had a really good talk with another enthusiast. Thunderbolt had no trims on and the ending to the ride is absolutely insane. Still problems with long lines for food but its getting better.

Also ride op Megan if you are seeing this my phone died before I could save your number please PM me!!

This thread just got all Craigslist Missed Connections.

Also ride op Megan if you are seeing this my phone died before I could save your number please PM me!!

This thread just got all Craigslist Missed Connections.

Its worth a try. Always have to shoot the shot

Stopped at the park yesterday and today. Harley Quinn is amazing and definitely is my favorite flat in the park now. Superman ran phenomenal yesterday and then was just other worldly tonight. Wicked Cyclone wasn’t running good at all. There was a really weird grinding noise coming from the wheels in the back of the orange train and it was really chugging through the 2nd half of the ride. Unfortunate because prior to about 2 weeks ago it was running amazingly well.

Like others have said, they are extremely bulky and sit mid-thigh. I also think there is very little leg/knee room, and I'm only 5'10".

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I GREATLY prefer Skyrush's lap bars. They also sit mid-thigh, but they seem to conform to the body a little more comfortably. They get tight, but it's not an awkward, painful tight like on Superman. At least for me...

Glad to hear Harley Quinn is excellent. I figured as much after riding the one at Over Texas, but good to hear to confirm.

And I figured as much after riding the one at SFDK. Of the pendulum ride types, this is one of the ones that seems to be consistently good, and is one of the more forceful models by far.

Stopped at the park yesterday and today. Harley Quinn is amazing and definitely is my favorite flat in the park now. Superman ran phenomenal yesterday and then was just other worldly tonight. Wicked Cyclone wasn’t running good at all. There was a really weird grinding noise coming from the wheels in the back of the orange train and it was really chugging through the 2nd half of the ride. Unfortunate because prior to about 2 weeks ago it was running amazingly well.

IDK....we went today mostly for water which was a bit of a disaster with the crowds and heat and long food lines but when they closed the water side at 7pm my 11 yr old was all “daddy let’s ride wicked cyclone before we go” And I was all “heck ya let’s go”.....it felt great.....first ride on it since last year.....wait was about 25 min....shorter than the other coasters after the water side closed.....all in all the WC ride was the highlight of the visit....pretty sure I prefer cooler wetter days to cut down on the crowds.....I once rode Superman in blinding rain....then they closed the park 15 min after we got off the ride....immensely more enjoyable to put up with annoying weatherthan annoying crowds.....goes true too for cold weather during HITP.....cold rides on Batman were so worth it....4 rides in 15 min

I haven’t ridden enough coasters to know if it’s running great or not.....today Wicked Cyclone seemed awesome.....we were in the middle of the train which is nice sometimes cuz it eliminates the hold back in the front and the pull o we in the back and gives a freer ride.....loved it.....love knowing the ride enough to twist my body into the direction changes.....amazing.....tht ride really is something....my 11 yr old really loved it too.....