TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I like Flashback, I experience absolutely no headbanging on it and it's turned into a ride we ride on almost every visit since it's usually a walk-on. I wouldn't wait for it but it's a nice break from the lines.

No headbanging? You, sir, are a god. Back row, OWWWWW

Flashback is definitely one of the better old restrain style boomerangs out there. Zoomerang next door at LC is good too. At this point it's removal wouldn't be a surprise but I'm still thinking that they're gonna get it open for the summer. They might evaluate its condition and see if it's worth saving by the end of the season.

Flashback is definitely one of the better old restrain style boomerangs out there. Zoomerang next door at LC is good too. At this point it's removal wouldn't be a surprise but I'm still thinking that they're gonna get it open for the summer. They might evaluate its condition and see if it's worth saving by the end of the season.

Quick rant about Zoomerang-

both times I rode it, I asked the ops to make my restraint tighter, as it didn't go down a lot. It never happened, and since it was so loose, I was terrified out of my skin for the whole ride. Good forces on the loop, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought I had reading the Great Adventure thread and reading a few HITP TRs, could Intamin provide a set of wheels for Superman that allow it to run in the cold like B&M does for Nitro? Obviously this wouldn't happen this year but maybe in the future even tho the DC area is easy to cut off. Reading some GRadv TRs Nitro in the freezing cold sounds ridiculously awesome and if SFNE adopted GAdvs amazing weather policy I could see it happen.

Very few of us (and possibly none of us) really know the specifics of this but I've ridden Superman when it was in the high 30's and the ride was flying. I would guess that if they wanted to run Superman in the cold they would be able to do that but I really don't see it happening.

It seems very likely that they'll end up adding rides like Pandemonium, Wicked Cyclone and Sky Screamer but if you open Superman then you're basically opening the entire park and having to staff the park as if it's a spring or fall day. You'd also have to pay to decorate every single midway in the dry park.

COULD it be done? Probably, but they would be taking on an incredible amount of overhead so attendance at the event would have to be consistently at the same level as regular season operating days (aside from the water park) in order for them to make a profit.

if SFNE adopted GAdvs amazing weather policy I could see it happen.

I have no doubt that they will. Aside from Goliath I've never seen SFNE close a coaster for temperature and I've been there on days when most parks would have been closing rides.

I picked a bad day to go to the park. There's school trips EVERYWHERE! Every food line is as long as possible. Superman's line is to the set of switchbacks closest to the lockers and Goliaths is probably about 2 hours. Feel bad for those dumbasses who are waiting for that just to get there spines smashed to smithereens.

I picked a bad day to go to the park. There's school trips EVERYWHERE! Every food line is as long as possible. Superman's line is to the set of switchbacks closest to the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo and Goliaths is probably about 2 hours. Feel bad for those dumbasses who are waiting for that just to get there spines smashed to smithereens.

I just saw the wait times on the app and was shocked. I'll be at the park for the first time next Friday I was thinking a flash pass wouldn't be necessary but looking at the wait times today, I may have to spring for one. Thats terrible. Was hoping for a slow day with lots of Wicked Cyclone and Superman.

You did confirm my suspicion of the lines being due to school groups. Damn you young kids !

I picked a bad day to go to the park. There's school trips EVERYWHERE! Every food line is as long as possible. Superman's line is to the set of switchbacks closest to the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo and Goliaths is probably about 2 hours. Feel bad for those dumbasses who are waiting for that just to get there spines smashed to smithereens.

I just saw the wait times on the app and was shocked. I'll be at the park for the first time next Friday I was thinking a flash pass wouldn't be necessary but looking at the wait times today, I may have to spring for one. Thats terrible. Was hoping for a slow day with lots of Wicked Cyclone and Superman.

You did confirm my suspicion of the lines being due to school groups. Damn you young kids !

Yeah you'll definitely need one I have a feeling there will be a lot next week too. I know my sister's school has a trip there next Friday so I bet it will be just as bad.

A few tips for the park. Ride Goliath toward the front if you can. The ride has assigned seating but since you have a flashpass you'll have a decent chance at the front. Its completely awful anywherw else. Ride Superman in the front 2 rows. It's not as good as it used to be in the back. Ride Wicked Cyclone in the back seat left side.

You and me both. We ended up leaving after doing Cyclone, Houdini's, and Thunderbolt. Took one look at Superman and said peace out. Ended up going to Dorney where everything was a walk on.

You and me both. We ended up leaving after doing Cyclone, Houdini's, and Thunderbolt. Took one look at Superman and said peace out. Ended up going to Dorney where everything was a walk on.

You drove all the way to Dorney from the park? Seems like an awefully long trek in one day park to park.

You drove all the way to Dorney from the park? Seems like an awefully long trek in one day park to park.

It was, but totally worth it. We had a great time at Dorney in the three or so hours there, way more then at SFNE. And rode a lot more too. We were driving to Hershey anyway so it makes sense and made up for what was turning out to be a hum dinger of a day.