Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 350 - Nordic Chaser announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby WOFanatic » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:03 pm

boyerracing69 wrote:Super excited that Halloween Haunt starts in 20 days. Hoping that they do the houses a little better this year, instead of just sending everyone in, in one big line, like they did last year. Also hoping, that the people working in the houses do a better job than last year as well. Don't get me wrong, there were a few houses that were phenomenal. Corn Stalkers being one of them. But, it seemed to me that quite a few of them were just, lacking. Lacking people wanting to scare anyone at all. I honestly felt bad, for the people who had to wait in line for over an hour, just to go in and the house not be as amazing as it had been in the previous years.

The GM has a new rule for screamsters this year: if you’re caught out of character, you get sent home. I work HAUNT, and I try my hardest to scare as many people as possible. But I know where you’re coming from. Tons of actors are getting a little too comfortable. Hopefully new management lays down the law.

Ddef12 wrote:Let's hope the rumors of 2019 are true!

I’d put money on it tonight if I could. 99.99% sure it’s happening.
Favorites: 1. Maverick 2. Outlaw Run 3. Rougarou 4. Raptor 5. Top Thrill Dragster 6. Shockwave (SFOT) 7. Prowler 8. American Thunder 9. Batman 10. Mamba 11. Gatekeeper 12. Gemini 13. Valravn 14. Millennium Force 15. Powder Keg

I Love Donkeys!

Postby WOF_Fan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:05 pm

So what is up with the latest tweets from Worlds of Fun? Hinting at something??

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Rhyano » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:36 pm

WOF_Fan wrote:So what is up with the latest tweets from Worlds of Fun? Hinting at something??

I was wondering the same thing, I really can't figure out what they are even teasing at this point.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby boyerracing69 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:44 pm

Makes me wonder if they are introducing something new for Haunt. That is the only thing coming up soon other than Winterfest. Even if it has nothing to do with either one of these, hopefully it is something good.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby WOFanatic » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:57 pm

It does seem like they are teasing a big attraction. Remember, this was about the same time Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers started getting teased, so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities

All announcements have been made for both Haunt and WinterFest. I work Haunt and have a pretty good connection to the entertainment department (because of my role as a screamster). There’s nothing left to be announced from those two events. The most recent tweet (first pic on this post) really makes me think that they are talking about something much bigger than WinterFest details.
7C20AA47-836E-4FC5-93B8-E7FDBEE1C43C.jpeg
C434E9F2-5B1C-4E35-A0D2-A53C06705331.jpeg
49A3C10F-5C9D-4ECC-9ACD-A0EA7A8945F5.jpeg
Favorites: 1. Maverick 2. Outlaw Run 3. Rougarou 4. Raptor 5. Top Thrill Dragster 6. Shockwave (SFOT) 7. Prowler 8. American Thunder 9. Batman 10. Mamba 11. Gatekeeper 12. Gemini 13. Valravn 14. Millennium Force 15. Powder Keg

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby boyerracing69 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:10 pm

I haven't seen the newest tweet yet. I can't wait to see what they announce! And I will always hope for something new for Haunt, whether it is likely or not. I love haunt and always hope for more things each year. I am very excited for October to get here, so we can finally go!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby WOF_Fan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:41 am

WOFanatic wrote:It does seem like they are teasing a big attraction. Remember, this was about the same time Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers started getting teased, so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities

All announcements have been made for both Haunt and WinterFest. I work Haunt and have a pretty good connection to the entertainment department (because of my role as a screamster). There’s nothing left to be announced from those two events. The most recent tweet (first pic on this post) really makes me think that they are talking about something much bigger than WinterFest details.

With their latest tweet today, the tweets together spell out "We Own Fear". So just promoting Haunt.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby boyerracing69 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:18 pm

I have seen some pictures on Facebook of Haunt decorations that are up so far this year, and I must say I am very excited for October to get here. The stuff I have seen so far, looks better than the stuff they have had up the last few years. Also, I heard that there is a a graveyard scene on the train! This is going to be a great year for Haunt, I can feel it!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:40 am

The Winterfest ride list is out. I guess they changed their minds on Patriot, but Prowler and Spinning Dragons are scheduled to run.

It sounds like a nice little event for locals. Cedar Fair definitely seems to be much more conservative with these events than Six Flags though. Of the 3 major theme park Christmas events in the state, the other two have much more impressive ride lineups.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby tinaalsgirl » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:41 am

No Patriot OR Mamba? :( That severely depletes my interest in checking this out this year....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!