Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby vertigomike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:38 pm

Agreed. Unless taken at a thrilling speed, I never got the point of an upward helix (especially on riders like Timberwolf). Good move, hope this comes with re-tracking the hill before the old helix too.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/3daeb7ce4d5157dc4ad7d17c8391e12f.jpg[/img][/url]

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby vertigomike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:39 pm

delete. double post.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/3daeb7ce4d5157dc4ad7d17c8391e12f.jpg[/img][/url]

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby RailBlazer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:58 pm

vertigomike wrote:Agreed. Unless taken at a thrilling speed, I never got the point of an upward helix (especially on riders like Timberwolf). Good move, hope this comes with re-tracking the hill before the old helix too.

All of the track from the top of the first drop to just before the helix was replaced in 2015 and 2016. The ride was also re-engineered, so it is much smoother, but also much tamer.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:21 pm

Is the pre lift, lift, and turn before the drop supposed to be redone as well?

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby RailBlazer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Vonni wrote:Is the pre lift, lift, and turn before the drop supposed to be redone as well?

I would guess it is all in good enough shape to leave as is.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby railsrust » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:27 am

Someday I hope to go to this park. It looks neat, if a little ghetto compared to other parks. My friend who works at Silver Dollar City now on the railroad there used to operate the train at WOF. He told me the park was kind of a mixed bag of high quality and downright awful rides. He's not a amusement park aficionado so I can't say. I WILL say that you guys shouldn't complain about this change to the coaster too much. At least Cedar Fair isn't demolition happy with wooden coasters like Six Flags is (even if the new rides were often better). This just means they're dedicated to giving a ride the best chance it can at being awesome. Look at Ghost Rider's rebuild on this. It went from a wild, but mostly unrideable coaster, to one of the best coasters in the world again. This can't be anything but a good thing. Also, helixes are generally boring and stupid. Google: Rattler Six Flags Fiesta Texas Helix. This will tell you all you need to know. :)
Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat.
- Mark Twain, 1894

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby boyerracing69 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:10 pm

I personally would rather have them take out the helix and keep Timberwolf a wooden coaster instead of having RMC come in and make it a hybrid. But, that is just my opinion, since I have always loved Timberwolf, even before the retracking process began. I just wish I would of been alive when it first opened and was considered the number one coaster in the world. From what I hear and read, it sounds like it was an amazing thing back then. I am just glad, the park has finally started giving her the love and attention she has been needing for quite sometime. Can't wait to make it there in October to witness this new addition for myself!

Postby Vonni » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:52 pm

boyerracing69 wrote:I personally would rather have them take out the helix and keep Timberwolf a wooden coaster instead of having RMC come in and make it a hybrid.

Personally, I don't know where I stand on this. On one hand, it would have been so cool to see what RMC could have done to it. And on the other, this leaves the possibility that we could possibly MAYBE see a ground up RMC come to WOF some day.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby boyerracing69 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:21 pm

To tell the truth I am iffy myself on where I stand with RMC making Timberwolf a hybrid, if they ever did. I know they have made wooden coasters into amazing hybrids. Just look at Steel Vengeance for example, I personally think it looks amazing and thought Mean Streak looked pretty cool. And while I know they could make Timberwolf an amazing hybrid as well, I love it just the way it is. There is just so many personally memories for me the way it currently sets, I just don't want it to change. But, I am sure if it ever came down to RMC doing it, I would come to love it very quickly. As long as the park doesn't get rid of it any time soon, that is all I mainly care about.

Postby thrillrider » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:11 pm

I thought this was funny.

Naked man gets in high speed chase right in front of worlds of fun. Full video here(it's clean)....
https://youtu.be/h_QNm49qQOk
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!