Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby EliHorton » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:15 pm

coasterbill wrote:Just get a Six Flags membership, it's ridiculously cheap and they'll probably have a great deal on them on Black Friday / Cyber Monday. They pay for themselves in 2 visits, sometimes one visit if the sale is good enough and if you factor in parking.

That's a good idea! Thank you! I think I'll definitely get one of those Six Flags passes for next year because I plan on visiting four of the Six Flags parks over the summer. That will make it really handy to be able to go to Holiday in the Park next year!

Postby EliHorton » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:16 pm

WOF_Fan wrote:
EliHorton wrote:Thanks for the advice! I was really leaning towards Holiday in the Park. I LOVED how they had the campfires throughout the park. It really was an amazing experience last year.
I don't have a season pass to Six Flags St. Louis, but I do have one for Silver Dollar City. I've already gone about four times since the start of an Old Time Christmas. I wish SDC would do those campfires, those are really fun. And I think it would be totally cool if they did a little snow hill right by the old Water Toboggan tower like at Six Flags Over Texas! But yeah, the price is a bit high for Holiday in the Park, it is about fifty dollars I think. Winterfest is only about twenty online, but there aren't as many attractions open. Plus I just don't know what to expect. I REALLY want to go to Winterfest at Kings Island since they are doing the ice skating, plus the tree on the tower looks like it will be SPECTACULAR. Though I'm curious to see how the tree on Steel Hawk will turn out.

Worlds of Fun Winterfest has the ice skating as well.

Nice! Where are they going to have it?

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby TrashcanMan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:36 pm

EliHorton wrote:
WOF_Fan wrote:
EliHorton wrote:Thanks for the advice! I was really leaning towards Holiday in the Park. I LOVED how they had the campfires throughout the park. It really was an amazing experience last year.
I don't have a season pass to Six Flags St. Louis, but I do have one for Silver Dollar City. I've already gone about four times since the start of an Old Time Christmas. I wish SDC would do those campfires, those are really fun. And I think it would be totally cool if they did a little snow hill right by the old Water Toboggan tower like at Six Flags Over Texas! But yeah, the price is a bit high for Holiday in the Park, it is about fifty dollars I think. Winterfest is only about twenty online, but there aren't as many attractions open. Plus I just don't know what to expect. I REALLY want to go to Winterfest at Kings Island since they are doing the ice skating, plus the tree on the tower looks like it will be SPECTACULAR. Though I'm curious to see how the tree on Steel Hawk will turn out.

Worlds of Fun Winterfest has the ice skating as well.

Nice! Where are they going to have it?

From my best guess of the map, the Festhaus Pavilion

Postby EliHorton » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:32 pm

^^^ Thank you! I think I might end up going to both Holiday in the Park and Winterfest! I saw a video of Winterfest, and it just looks too beautiful to pass up!

Postby TrashcanMan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:46 pm

I would love to go as well but am curious if there is enough for adults to do. A few rides...most of the shows and extras appear to be Targeted to children.

Would love to hear anyone's review if they attend!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby greenman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:10 pm

I’ve been to winterfest. As far as adult stuff, I’m not sure but
It’s really pretty in the park. I enjoyed just walking around.
We didn’t watch any shows this time around, but will next time.
There is definitely enough for kids. Cookie decorating, visiting Santa Claus and other
Cast. Santa has his own building that you wind through as you wait to see him.

I was impressed for it being the first year.
The only negative would be when riding the train there is nothing to look
At in the shanty town around the turn around.
Other than that WOF did a great job. You can even get baileys/ peppermint schnapps in your hot
Chocolate. They also had 4 fire pits and propane heaters with chairs down by Auntie Anne’s

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby greenman » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:29 pm

WOF Winterfest
48BAF354-2CF3-42E4-A13B-8B3B1A28159B.jpeg
53DBFC20-52B4-4342-820A-815245CA56D1.jpeg
6E2FFD08-581B-45E9-A560-C6E80ABCABB6.jpeg
B3051A00-4B9D-4D2A-9BDE-A8D417A28F3E.jpeg
BBDB6B7C-D0BE-4906-A723-653D65D81EC4.jpeg
F061CD9C-DA0A-4C8A-9064-66959F71A746.jpeg
F6030A6F-BD5E-47DC-92F4-C0393A30B786.jpeg

Postby WOF_Fan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:22 am

greenman wrote:WOF Winterfest

Winterfest is beautiful!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby ToNC » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:53 pm

How busy was it? I plan on going to Winterfest at some point this year and am curious as to if I can marathon Prowler with a small line or relax and just walk around and look at pretty lights.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby greenman » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:07 pm

I visited on Sunday, it wasn’t busy. Rode by the Prowler at 7,
Maybe 5 people in front of you to get on.
I expect next Sunday to be a little busier, but nothing like a
Saturday visit

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!