TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Holy hell, what is up with this park? Putting a lot of effort into landscaping for regional parks isn't often heard of, but this effort they've put in over the off-season is very reminiscent of BGT. Obviously it's not on the same level, but the cleanliness, well-maintained open spaces, and the topiaries (duh) make it hard not to think of BGT when looking at these pictures.

Whatever motivated them to do this, I like it. Please God, let this be a thing that sticks.

I was at the park this past Sunday and I can echo some of the sentiments above. The park did look noticeably nicer than it did last April when I was there. The floral clock looked good and the Front Street area was very impressive. We stopped and got funnel cake and ice cream and hung out in that area for a bit. I also did take notice of the giant animal topiary sculptures in the Africa section of the park. Along with the new front gate from last year, WOF has made great strides in improving the overall aesthetic of the park.

I didn't try out Nordic Chaser, but it did look nice and had decent theming. Prowler was down the entire time we were at the park (1-6), so that was kind of disappointing. And obviously Timberwolf wasn't running either, but the new turn looks like it will be fun and surely improve the overall experience. Aside from those, we were able to get on all of the other coasters, with Spinning Dragons being the only one with really any sort of line.

Spinning Dragons was fun, if slow operating, and didn't have any desire to go for a reride. Boomerang was...a boomerang, although the ride experience is definitely improved with the newer style trains. We waited a couple trains to ride in the front on Patriot. It was good, as all B&M inverts are, but it's no Batman or Banshee...one of the weaker of the bunch, but still quite fun nonetheless. The only one we took a reride on was Mamba. Both times we rode in the back, and on the first ride the trip back to the station was very boring, just kind of meandering over the bunny hops. The second trip was much better; I didnt pay any attention, but I'm sure we were on the other train as Jayke mentions above. We got some airtime, nothing fantastic like Magnum or anything, but definitely better than the first time. That second drop is easily my favorite part of the ride.

Overall it was an enjoyable visit to the park, and my first real opportunity to use my platinum pass I got in October at King's Island. I'm definitely glad to see this park headed in the right direction, and will look for more opportunities to pair it with trips to see concerts in Kansas City.

I rode in the back seat of both trains on Mamba and found it far inferior to the rides we took in the front. I’ve always preferred the front car on Mamba. The airtime feels much stronger and more sustained in the front. Also the front car is the only place I felt strong sustained floater on the return trip. It’s really one of the few hypers I prefer the front rows.

I am extremely happy to see the park focusing on beautification. WOF is my home park and I am not saying this because I am biased but I’ve always felt that WOF has so much potential to turn itself into a more destination park as it progresses.

Kind of sad to see the beautiful large trees in the Front Street area, however I must say I kind of like how the area has been opened up and refurbished. That plaza area was dated and surrounded by Newer improvements and seemed out of place.

The new food options look incredible. They have been very actively promoting this on their Snapchat and Twitter. Nice to see attention focused on food that stands outside the average amusement park food.

I really hope all these infrastructure and beautification projects that have been occurring over the past couple years is Cedar Fairs attempt to throw some money into this park in the future and increase attendance. Plus the 2019 year is supposedly going to be a big year so maybe this is the company preparing for this. I guess time will tell. But I’m glad to see the improvements because WOF most definitely has a ton of potential to be the best mid-sized Cedar Fair Park.

Of course don’t take my word on this, but I’ve heard all of the improvements we’ve seen this year are preparing the park for their next major ride. Whether that’s true or not, I’m very excited about the direction this park is headed in.

^ That is logical though. Opening a new ride in a park that isn't ready for it can be disastrous, as you bring back people who haven't been to the park recently only to remind them why they haven't gone. You've got to get the simple stuff down first.

I rode in the back seat of both trains on Mamba and found it far inferior to the rides we took in the front. I’ve always preferred the front car on Mamba. The airtime feels much stronger and more sustained in the front. Also the front car is the only place I felt strong sustained floater on the return trip. It’s really one of the few hypers I prefer the front rows.

Sounds like I dropped the ball. I considered riding in front the second time, but reverted to my habits of riding in back, partly because there was less of a line and I usually like being pulled over the first drop when they are slowing the lift at the top on rides with a straight drop. I'll have to try the front when I get back to the park. Thanks for the info!

Steel Force is (not surprisingly) exactly the same way. It took me years to realize it but if you ride these Morgan hypers in the very front row they feel like actual, honest-to-god roller coasters and not like you're sitting in your recliner at home watching a video of a coaster on your phone for the duration of the ride.

Weird...

Steel Force is (not surprisingly) exactly the same way. It took me years to realize it but if you ride these Morgan hypers in the very front row they feel like actual, honest-to-god roller coasters and not like you're sitting in your recliner at home watching a video of a coaster on your phone for the duration of the ride.

Weird...

Can vouch for this. I've been on three of the four (still hopefully hitting Kennywood this year), and they've been fun. Maybe not the most exciting ride ever, but still decent. I kinda made fun of Steel Force when I rode it last year but it's all right. I blame the Knoebels high.

Mamba is the best of the three though. It has this low to the ground helix at the point furthest from the station that really makes all the difference. The other two don't dive so low from that third hill.

Well, lesson learned! I almost asked in this thread for seat suggestions, and even as we were walking towards mamba I searched really haphazardly to see if I could find suggestions. Not that I didn't enjoy the ride; it was the only one I made the effort to re ride since both of the woodies were closed. Mamba is the only one of the Morgan hypers I've been on, so I'll be sure to give the front seat a go next time I ride one...surely Mamba.

Ejector? No. Strong floater sure. And as one who formerly had Mamba as a top 10 coaster, it disappears from the top ten once you've been on around 50 or so. It's firmly in the middle of any sane person's list.

The last two or three hills we’re definately ejector when I rode it this past weekend. I haven’t ridden tons of coasters, (well over 50, though) but Mamba is definately a favorite of mine.

I honestly did not feel a difference in the airtime between the first 3 rows on Mamba. The only noticeable difference is that you can feel every little pump and kink in the track much more than you'd like in the 3rd row. Ill personally wait for the front row if given the chance because of that. Also i don't have to worry about getting spat on during the ride if i ride in the front. For some reason i always get spit on right in the face when i ride mamba. It seems KC folk don't know how to shut their slobbery mouths during the ride . But jokes aside i always get spit on when i ride Mamba, its ridiculous. That or the constant mist of sweat from the riders in front of you during the summer really make my germaphobic self a little uneasy

I’ve seen trolling on YouTube about B&M track in Oceans parking lot.

Guy on there saying it’s Blue track and it is supposed to go over and under the new entrance.

Going under the new entrance?! Yeah okay.

Is it true that a new coaster for WoF 2019 has been loosely confirmed.

Since I don't know what "loosely confirmed" means and it's a complete oxymoron, then sure. It's true.

He means loosely as in you better not have loose pockets on this new-for-2019 roller coaster coming to Worlds of Fun.

Since I don't know what "loosely confirmed" means and it's a complete oxymoron, then sure. It's true.

He means loosely as in you better not have loose pockets on this new-for-2019 roller coaster coming to Worlds of Fun.

Haha Larson loopers are reserved for six flags. I would rather go another 5 years without a coaster

Than settle for one of those. JMO

Haha Larson loopers are reserved for six flags.

Au contraire mon frère!