TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Duuuuude, if this is a clone of Kolumbusjolle at Europa Park you guys are in for a treat!!!! Seriously, Europa took a very basic ride, added the option to turn your car, cannons, and projection mapping, and made one of the coolest attractions at the park!

I believe this is the HUSS Breakdance that they bought from Europe. Not the most exciting announcement, as I expected, but I've heard 2019 will be VERY exciting, so I'm not complaining!

Plans can change quickly at any moment. In the SFSTL thread, we finally stopped saying "Well, I bet next year is going to be great!"

Having ridden several enclosed flat rides around the world, when they plus up the inside and add "special effects"

in the lighting, sound, etc...it becomes something really cool and very unique for that park. Even if it's really an old

waltzer, or a scrambler and such. And then there's that enclosed tower ride in Phantasialand.....

Great if they theme this flat up, that way. But the flat ride itself can be fun on it's own.

Sorry about the double post, but I found this reply interesting. Could WOF be doing a little teasing for 2019? I’ve heard very strong rumors that a new B&M could be on it’s way to the park in 2019, and this just seems to fuel that fire.

This is probably just a wild dream, but I kind of hope they get a launched Mack coaster similar to Helix. Us Missourians would be so lucky, we'd have an awesome RMC, an amazing PTC coaster, two spectacular GCI coasters, three great B&M coasters, a splendid hyper coaster, a fun Premier launch coaster, a strange but fun S&S coaster, and then two Macks! Although I of course see them getting a launched B&M. Then we'd have four great B&M coasters!

Well, as long as we're dreaming this early in the game from an insignificant hint, I'm hoping for a dueling B&M giga coaster with seven splash downs and two launches. All joking aside, it's a bit early to get excited.

That Kolumbus Jolle looks awesome, but there's no chance WoF is doing that. I expect it will pretty much look exactly like this one:

There's not enough bare concrete in that photo. I doubt WOF's will look even as nice as SDC's. I'm sure it will be the usual really nice entrance sign, then concrete and steel railings around the ride. Though, simplicity does look good in some cases. Steelhawk is a good example of that.

My source* told me today at the park, that Worlds of fun is

Getting their own version of Peanuts pirates at Carowinds

And not Carowinds ride. So it will actually be new and be like Carowinds

And not the Slow zamperla version

Someone posted a review on the World's of Fun Facebook page, saying something about how she bought a ticket to get in, then had to pay to ride the rides, because she wasn't a season pass holder. Has something changed since I was there in April? I know you have to pay for ripcord but, I am hoping she wasn't quite right on her facts.

Someone posted a review on the World's of Fun Facebook page

Stop right there. If you're reading something on Facebook assuming that it is grounded in any sort of reality, you're doing it wrong. People on Facebook post the worst, most unintelligent, horrifying crap on social media... that is until you get to the comments section of YouTube....

1898355717_ScreenShot2017-08-22at14_01_37.png.dae55903c97c21abc58cc7efdde5d9d7.pngCredit: The Oatmeal

In short, don't put any stock into anything someone writes on Facebook.

Edited by robbalvey

Someone posted a review on the World's of Fun Facebook page, saying something about how she bought a ticket to get in, then had to pay to ride the rides, because she wasn't a season pass holder. Has something changed since I was there in April? I know you have to pay for ripcord but, I am hoping she wasn't quite right on her facts.

Maybe she thought the parking cost is the entrance fee or she though Fast Lane was mandatory?

No, nothing has changed.

Lol, I just read some of the reviews but I did not see the one you mentioned. I do agree with the posters about ridiculous food prices and lackadaisical workers. We just pay the extra $5 for VIP parking and bring a cooler of food/drink.

I'm actually quite pleased we are getting anything at all at WOF! 2017 was a pretty big year coat-wise. To see Cedar Fair giving us another ride still is great news! Let's hope the rumors of 2019 are true!

WOF is a good solid park that is really beautiful (besides the operations this year I experienced). I always thought WOF would be an even better park if Cedar Fair started investing more into it. With the great new entrance, new rides this year maybe we will see a bit more attention to this smaller park in the chain!

Super excited that Halloween Haunt starts in 20 days. Hoping that they do the houses a little better this year, instead of just sending everyone in, in one big line, like they did last year. Also hoping, that the people working in the houses do a better job than last year as well. Don't get me wrong, there were a few houses that were phenomenal. Corn Stalkers being one of them. But, it seemed to me that quite a few of them were just, lacking. Lacking people wanting to scare anyone at all. I honestly felt bad, for the people who had to wait in line for over an hour, just to go in and the house not be as amazing as it had been in the previous years.

Super excited that Halloween Haunt starts in 20 days. Hoping that they do the houses a little better this year, instead of just sending everyone in, in one big line, like they did last year. Also hoping, that the people working in the houses do a better job than last year as well. Don't get me wrong, there were a few houses that were phenomenal. Corn Stalkers being one of them. But, it seemed to me that quite a few of them were just, lacking. Lacking people wanting to scare anyone at all. I honestly felt bad, for the people who had to wait in line for over an hour, just to go in and the house not be as amazing as it had been in the previous years.

The GM has a new rule for screamsters this year: if you’re caught out of character, you get sent home. I work HAUNT, and I try my hardest to scare as many people as possible. But I know where you’re coming from. Tons of actors are getting a little too comfortable. Hopefully new management lays down the law.

Let's hope the rumors of 2019 are true!

I’d put money on it tonight if I could. 99.99% sure it’s happening.

It does seem like they are teasing a big attraction. Remember, this was about the same time Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers started getting teased, so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities

All announcements have been made for both Haunt and WinterFest. I work Haunt and have a pretty good connection to the entertainment department (because of my role as a screamster). There’s nothing left to be announced from those two events. The most recent tweet (first pic on this post) really makes me think that they are talking about something much bigger than WinterFest details.

49A3C10F-5C9D-4ECC-9ACD-A0EA7A8945F5.thumb.jpeg.e98400039903a9c28a518a5e6e7b6eb5.jpeg

7C20AA47-836E-4FC5-93B8-E7FDBEE1C43C.thumb.jpeg.c6f82eec17dccb1112314e531a1ea6a9.jpeg

C434E9F2-5B1C-4E35-A0D2-A53C06705331.thumb.jpeg.ce2cbe2b942ec395e1af6efde1155dde.jpeg