Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby bluestreak » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:28 pm

prozach626 wrote:Let us know how your trip goes. Have a good time.

Will do! I'm quite behind in my trip reports from the summer but I will be sure to post a quick summary here tomorrow night!
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:07 am

Visited the park yesterday. Firehawk was open most of the day, with some occasional problems here and there. I only saw backlot running test runs once or twice, but I wasn't in that area for long. Banshee went down about 4 times, however it was only about 20 minutes each time. I had a free Fastlane Plus, so I went ahead and used it, figuring that I wouldn't go back to the park until at least Winterfest. The fastlane wasn't needed though, the park wasn't really busy at all. Overall, it was a great day!
IMG_7520.JPG
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:58 am

Glad you had a good time. Nice picture.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Diamondbacker27 wrote:Visited the park yesterday. Firehawk was open most of the day, with some occasional problems here and there. I only saw backlot running test runs once or twice, but I wasn't in that area for long. Banshee went down about 4 times, however it was only about 20 minutes each time. I had a free Fastlane Plus, so I went ahead and used it, figuring that I wouldn't go back to the park until at least Winterfest. The fastlane wasn't needed though, the park wasn't really busy at all. Overall, it was a great day!

Wait you didn't mention how many times KI fanboys asked if you're with RMC, are RMCing the Racer, RMCing Beast, or know anything about a Giga. Tell us more!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:45 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote: Wait you didn't mention how many times KI fanboys asked if you're with RMC, are RMCing the Racer, RMCing Beast, or know anything about a Giga. Tell us more!

Surprisingly, none! However, on the back of the shirt it lists all of the RMC coasters and the parks that each coaster is at and some man asked why Kings Island wasn't on the list... :lmao:

prozach626 wrote: Glad you had a good time. Nice picture.

Thank you! I figured I needed one last picture with the entry sign before the demise.
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Postby bluestreak » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:11 pm

Ok here's a small TR (sorry no photos, I may post some in my trip report thread from coasterstock but that thread is very behind :lmao: ) from my visit to the park on Sunday October 7th. The main purpose of this trip was to get our last rides on Firehawk. We both live in a suburb of Cleveland so we had both been to Geagua Lake before it closed. We were still too little to ride Firehawk, err X-flight when it was still at GL but it was still a piece of Cleveland amusement park history that will soon be no longer. So all that being said, Firehawk holds a special place in my heart even if it really isn't that great of a ride in my opinion. So the plan was made and off we were on a quick day trip to Kings Island to say goodbye.

I had asked in this thread if crowds would be an issue since it was a holiday weekend. Prozach626 highly recommended FL+ but I still wanted to talk it over with my friend who I was making the trip with before making the purchase. Since it was only $70 for FL+ and the park was only open till 7, we decided that unless upon arrival the park was magically dead we would probably buy it as soon as we got there. As I said, we are Cleveland natives so Kings Island is a very easy trip that we make a couple times a year so that also made us a little hesitant to buy the FL+ passes since we ride all these rides a lot.

When we got to the park at about 10:30 there weren't many cars in the lot yet even though passholder early entry was under way. The line at the fastlane booth was long so we just went to Mystic Timbers and Diamondback to get a quick ride on each. We could see from the DB lift hill that the lot was already starting to fill in a bit more but we still weren't totally sold on the fastlane passes yet. This changed when we went over to Beast not five minutes after opening and the line was already down the ramp. That signaled to us that while it may not be packed, there would be some lines and on a short day for two people who do nothing but hop from ride to ride while we're at park, fastlane would be a good idea.

Lines didn't get too long but we did see lines over a half hour for Flight of Fear and Diamondback, and 20-30 lines for many of the other major coasters. That all being said, we got our money's worth on the fastlane passes by a long shot. We rode Mystic Timbers 8 times, Diamondback 6 times, Beast 3 times, Firehawk, Racer, Drop Tower, and Banshee twice each, and Adventure Express, Boo Blasters, Back Lot Stunt Coaster, Flight of Fear, and The Bat once each. We also ate twice using our meal plans all in eight hours. Again, the crowds weren't off the charts by any means and we would have had a great day without Fastlane, we were still very happy with our investment. So thank you again to Prozach626 for the suggestion.

We waited until just before closing time to get our last ride ever on Firehawk and we ended up on the final train of the day in the last row which is where we had ridden earlier in the day too. We both thought the ride was actually running really well and that loop in the backrow is one of my favorite parts of any coaster at Kings Island. After that though it was time to say goodbye forever and to head out of Kings Island after an amazing day at a great park. I can't wait to get back for Winterfest and some more rides on Mystic Timbers which is still as great as ever.

Ok time for a plug that I have no shame for. Here's a link to my trip report thread if you'd like to read: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=75821 Maybe some love will give me the motivation to catch up ;)

Postby prozach626 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Nice TR. I'm addicted to FL+ at KI. You get so much out of it. I'm glad you had a great visit.

Unfortunately, it looks like Emily and I will be delayed for another week or so. We were supposed to go this Saturday, but she's been having sporadic back pain that keeps coming and going. It's a bummer.

Postby bluestreak » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Sorry to hear. Hopefully you get to make it to the park before the end of the season!

Postby prozach626 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:16 pm

With near certainty, we will. We're just going to have to push it back.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Hockeydad » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:57 pm

I just had this come up on my phone a few minutes ago. Anybody know what "The Swamp" is all about?

https://youtu.be/iOtc79eKfdE

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!